MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Did MG not pay for both the charger and the installation for you? I was told when I ordered in January that they would be covering the cost of all (I pay them the seai grant and claim it back, but basically its free)

It sucks but the dealer is perfectly entitled to recover the cost of the charger back from you, just lucky its only 490 and not more. If you talk to them and explain how you feel, they may (as an act of good faith) wave the cost? You don't get if you don't ask! If you cancel your order and they keep the 490 deposit it would more than likely guarantee you would never return as a future customer, but if they at least return the 500 and let you keep the charger it may not sour your experience with them for any future business (hope that makes sense). You could also ask them that if the car has not arrived by the next estimated delivery time then you get to keep both charger and depost, it puts the responsibility on dealer to push for your car as well.

As for the car, it would be madness if they didnt increase the cost of the car (when it eventually arrives) before selling it on to a new customer, any business would do this.
I don’t begrudge them the opportunity to charge several grand more , I’m saying they could at least let me have the charger for free in light of the endless delays

I don’t begrudge them the opportunity to charge several grand more , I’m saying they could at least let me have the charger for free in light of the endless delays
If you haven’t cancelled yet then tell them you keep both charger and deposit if the car hasnt arrived by an agreed date, pushes it back to dealer then, just get it in writing!

there were reports that vehicles were being transported to europe to be fitted with DAB radios around about April, if this is true it would explain the build dates and arrivals. Doesn't help of course just an observation. Time for another pointless email to MG to find out if the 9 month wait is over yet. Lots of ships are expected at Portbury, Southampton and Tilbury over the next 8 weeks.
What's the source?

Latest reason I have had was wiring loom shortages. MG themselves state cars have not even been built, giving no specific detail about AV units and post fits etc. Likely speculation.

I put an order in for ZS LRTC in late March 2022 told at time expect Sept if lucky Aug, just got phone call from dealer now expected March 2023. Was looking forward to next month now gutted
It was never going to be September when you ordered it in late March. My January order had a August date by that point. Dealer not working with full information.

What's the source?

Latest reason I have had was wiring loom shortages. MG themselves state cars have not even been built, giving no specific detail about AV units and post fits etc. Likely speculation.
One of the posts on here if you want to go through them. Do you believe the biggest supplier of the worlds electronics can't produce looms or microchips? Guff is all we get from MG.

Do you believe the biggest supplier of the worlds electronics can't produce looms or microchips?
I certainly believe that a car company can't produce microchips. That's really advanced technology, and only a handful of companies in the world cab produce the more complex ones. And there are over 20 advanced chips in a ZS EV (at least one per ECU, and about 23 ECUs, not including the entertainment system).

Do you believe the biggest supplier of the worlds electronics can't produce looms or microchips?
On the wiring loom front, yes. A number of OEMs get their looms from a manufacturer in the Ukraine (not sure where SAIC get theirs from).

The looms themselves are made bespoke to each OEM and are often bespoke to each model!

If I thought by switching to the MG 4 from the ZS , I’d get a car quicker ?, I’d jump at the opportunity but I’m beginning to wonder if my dealer is a dud ? , perhaps I need to look to another garage?

Hi, just off the phone to Macklin Motors MG Edinburgh. The manager assures me that my LRZS, ordered in March is in the Uk and it should be ready for me in about 2 weeks. Fingers and toes crossed.
Lucky you. The logic fails me. Ordered in Feb. Same car (in Red) still TBA. It makes no sense....

Hi, just off the phone to Macklin Motors MG Edinburgh. The manager assures me that my LRZS, ordered in March is in the Uk and it should be ready for me in about 2 weeks. Fingers and toes crossed.
Colour? Similar situation but dealer reckons mine won’t be here this September - but had the opportunity to change to MG4 for end of delivery September. Although that ship may have sailed as I don’t want to buy the MG4 without seeing it in the metal

Having just seen that Liverpool dock workers have voted to strike, I thought I'd check Bristol for... reasons.

Good News! A "significant" pay rise last month means they're unlikely to strike this month.

Tell them to come around and take the charger off the wall and give you your £500 back…what are they going to do with a second hand charger?
Plus the cost of getting an engineer out to recover it would prob be near the £500 mark as well so maybe not worth their while.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom