MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Received this from my dealer today… should I be getting my hopes up!? Ordered March this year!

I hope you are well, just a quick update from myself to ensure you know I havent forgotten about you, at present we are still awaiting an exact date of arrival which I will then inform you on, from there we can work on the closest date to that, which works for you to hand over the new car.
If you require any assistance or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself.
kind regards

Received this from my dealer today… should I be getting my hopes up!? Ordered March this year!

I hope you are well, just a quick update from myself to ensure you know I havent forgotten about you, at present we are still awaiting an exact date of arrival which I will then inform you on, from there we can work on the closest date to that, which works for you to hand over the new car.
If you require any assistance or have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself.
kind regards
That sounds positive, 🤞 you get more details soon.

kind regards
Bizarre message. It doesn't say anything...

"present we are still awaiting an exact date of arrival which I will then inform you on"

kind regards
The way this is worded appears to me that it's a reply from a message you sent them? If so I'd say the dealer is basically telling you that I haven't forgot about you, don't message me again as I'll be in contact when I know something more. Keeping you on the 'fishing hook.'

I'd reply back and ask them if the car is in this country, if the answer is yes then get excited.

The way this is worded appears to me that it's a reply from a message you sent them? If so I'd say the dealer is basically telling you that I haven't forgot about you, don't message me again as I'll be in contact when I know something more. Keeping you on the 'fishing hook.'

I'd reply back and ask them if the car is in this country, if the answer is yes then get excited.
hey, no I hadn’t messaged them in about a month! This was their first contact since August. I have messaged back and asked but no reply so far. Everything is crossed 🤞

hey, no I hadn’t messaged them in about a month! This was their first contact since August. I have messaged back and asked but no reply so far. Everything is crossed 🤞
I would prefer any msg from my dealer as I have had nothing from them and I would never use them again, they never answer emails and they seem put out when I call them.

My dealer updated me by e-mail yesterday. I'm still 'TBA'. 😭 😭 He says that they had a lot of orders in Nov/Dec 21 and is, rightfully, fulfilling those orders first. I'll still wait patiently but I'm hoping not to have to MOT my Leaf in December.

Reading some of these posts about dealers, I've gotta say I have not had any problems with mine
(Premier Newport iow). I've messaged him every month and he's been honest with his replies, even if it was to say there was nothing new to report. But always friendly and upfront

Spoke to my dealer again for a update and the following was said

There is still no movement on my order and it seems to be the short range cars that are the issue but she is hoping they are next in line to move forward with deliverys. (Feel sorry for the dealer as there doing everything they can)

I think if it doesn't come in the new year I'll.be looking to cancel and have to get something else sharpish with having to hand the lease car back

Hope it dosent come to that as was really looking forward to joining the ev journey

Spoke to my dealer again for a update and the following was said

There is still no movement on my order and it seems to be the short range cars that are the issue but she is hoping they are next in line to move forward with deliverys. (Feel sorry for the dealer as there doing everything they can)

I think if it doesn't come in the new year I'll.be looking to cancel and have to get something else sharpish with having to hand the lease car back

Hope it dosent come to that as was really looking forward to joining the ev journey
Maybe worth getting an order in with something you can cancel as a backup now?

Maybe worth getting an order in with something you can cancel as a backup now?
Hi yes I have started to shop around and looking at the prices I may have to go back to petrol now which I don't want to do as get free charging at work but not paying 440 a month for the Kia niro dosent justify it for me

Just spoken to my Dealer (Portsmouth) and had a conversation about the order. He told me that we are now looking into the new year for my order placed 6 dec 2021. 😞😞
Somewhat depressing news. I asked about orders placed ahead of me and he said they are trickling through extremely slowly but I’m quite a way down the list still.

Think I’m going to buy a tricycle with room for a basket on the back to tide me over.

Anyone with a LRTC on order from around Dec 21 had any news yet? I’ve looked on the spreadsheet but I don’t think it’s up to date now.

Last edited:
Just spoken to my Dealer (Portsmouth) and had a conversation about the order. He told me that we are now looking into the new year for my order placed 6 dec 2021. 😞😞
Somewhat depressing news. I asked about orders placed ahead of me and he said they are trickling through extremely slowly but I’m quite a way down the list still.

Think I’m going to buy a tricycle with room for a basket on the back to tide me over.

Anyone with a LRTC on order from around Dec 21 had any news yet? I’ve looked on the spreadsheet but I don’t think it’s up to date now.
I just dont get this? I ordered through new car discount beginning of April and car is being delivered on Thursday. I note that their price is still competative. Why not give them a call check price and delivery and if good then tell your dealer to stuff it where the sun dont shine!

Just received this message from my dealer:

I am happy to let you know that your vehicle has begun production and is currently showing an estimated arrival date of 15/12/2022.
This date could go back or come forward but I will keep you updated accordingly.

Signs of progress at last. 😁 😁

@Oakers updated sheet on the 16th September and a few connects have come through, check the sheet using direct link on page one of this thread MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker

Last edited:

The spreadsheet was updated not that long ago. If you add filters you can see that despite what's been posted since then, there are still Nov-21 orders open - some still don't have an ETA.
Even in this thread there are comments from people still waiting after 40+ weeks and as discussed ad nauseum, the way MG distributes their cars is at the heart of why some are only waiting 6 months and others are waiting 10 for the same model. I hope those that are kept hanging on don't lose their grant.

I just dont get this? I ordered through new car discount beginning of April and car is being delivered on Thursday. I note that their price is still competative. Why not give them a call check price and delivery and if good then tell your dealer to stuff it where the sun dont shine!
Would be interesting to know when NCD placed their initial order. Also for many, the price they offer would have to be competitive vs the PiCG deduction plus manufacturer contribution deals that were taken when available.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am surprised.. I ordered a LR trophy in Aug and my delivery date is first week of Oct as confirmed this week.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom