MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Sorry to bother you but what email did you use to get a response and how long did they take to respond ?

You can use the link that was already posted here:

I still think you should also write to MG UK. Here is the link for it

You can also email [email protected] - I find I get e quicker response using the above...usually within a couple of working days. Quoting your 10-digit order number from their central system will help.

Contacted my lease company yesterday, we use an Nhs salary sacrifice scheme, to confirm if both cars had been ordered as portal updated to December 2022.

As basic as I can put it my orders were not placed in March from the MG dealer instructed to do so. I would then be subject to another 40 weeks wait and have reduced spec on the SR Trophy - no panoramic roof.

I've cancelled both orders and will collect 2 customer-cancelled orders via the same scheme - interestingly Volvo removed all discounts from their XC40 Recharge Core which is now £100 more per month than when I originally ordered in February 2022.

Hope everyone can get sorted out, I will update the tracker.

Contacted my lease company yesterday, we use an Nhs salary sacrifice scheme, to confirm if both cars had been ordered as portal updated to December 2022.

As basic as I can put it my orders were not placed in March from the MG dealer instructed to do so. I would then be subject to another 40 weeks wait and have reduced spec on the SR Trophy - no panoramic roof.

I've cancelled both orders and will collect 2 customer-cancelled orders via the same scheme - interestingly Volvo removed all discounts from their XC40 Recharge Core which is now £100 more per month than when I originally ordered in February 2022.

Hope everyone can get sorted out, I will update the tracker.
I think there was some hope that lease prices would settle down after the chip shortage hikes over the last year, but with pound tanking and the economy in free fall it's now a distant hope - likely my last lease now.

For me its still cheaper but only through salary sacrifice scheme - I really liked the Niro EV. Maybe next time when the world feels normal again?

There’s me cancelling my Trophy LR Black :( dealer no idea when it’s arriving, and although we’re supposedly number 3 in the list, no clue when it’s going to be there - originally ordered in Feb.

Good news though, we’re swapping the order to the MG4 Trophy Grey and hopefully getting it this week! :)

There’s me cancelling my Trophy LR Black :( dealer no idea when it’s arriving, and although we’re supposedly number 3 in the list, no clue when it’s going to be there - originally ordered in Feb.

Good news though, we’re swapping the order to the MG4 Trophy Grey and hopefully getting it this week! :)
Exact same here except March ZS order. Picking up the 4 on Friday.

Just messaged my dealership and asked for my order number, I’ll then message/email MG UK to find out when the order went in and why it’s taking so bloody long to build my car (not that they will know) but I guess I’ll get the standard ba ba ba, shortage ba ba ba chips, ba ba, war, ba ba we are working really, really hard to stop people sending us emails, we don’t fudging know..thank you for your patience…love and kisses, MG UK..

Last edited by a moderator:
Collected my ZS EV LRTC (Red) from my dealer Richmond MG (Portsmouth) today. May 19th order...
Confirmed with salesman that it wasn't a cancellation transfer but suddenly turned up out of the blue last week. Build date mid June . Smooth hand over, bound phone to car while going through the infotainment system , all in good order. All in all, a good experience dealing with Richmond.
Only negative, no OEM mudfflaps for the mk2 available yet. asked them to Email me when avalable to order...

Why oh why, did I bother…so messaged BC dealership to be told to contact Coventry dealership for the order number, so I went on line to get the phone number and at the side was a picture of a woman, so I messaged her, what a waste of time..she went off and looked at things, witch she did without asking my name, or order number or anything…in the end just gave me a number to ring?..

Could it be???? I ordered a Black ZS EV SE LR on 21/12/21 and this is the first time MG have said something other than shortage awaiting build and I've got this email today.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 30000XXXXX), we are pleased to confirm that the delivery ETA of your vehicle is towards the mid of December.

The dealership shall be in touch in due course to arrange the vehicle handover with you.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope you will enjoy your new MG soon!

Should I dream?

Could it be???? I ordered a Black ZS EV SE LR on 21/12/21 and this is the first time MG have said something other than shortage awaiting build and I've got this email today.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 30000XXXXX), we are pleased to confirm that the delivery ETA of your vehicle is towards the mid of December.

The dealership shall be in touch in due course to arrange the vehicle handover with you.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope you will enjoy your new MG soon!

Should I dream?
I got the same email but for the end of this month, not heard anything yet from my dealer 😒

Should I dream?
Fingers crossed for you that it turns up. Nearly a year wait when some are receiving orders within 6 months 🤔. It seems like it must be built though, so that's a win. At a guess, by end of October they should be able to confirm it has actually been shipped (assuming around 35 days at sea + a couple of weeks to PDI/transport).

I do wonder when MG plan to debut a ZS replacement on their new MSP platform... I think it was a just a joke on here at some point, but maybe we will actually see that announced before they've cleared the mk2 backlog 😬

I'm getting bored of all this waiting now went back to my dealer today and stated all the facts again on here (again my dealer aren't to blame and they have been brilliant it's mg that's the issue) , they have said that she thinks it's now a issue with short range cars as had none through said if my car doesn't get built by October won't see it this year.... So I have said that if it's not here in New year I will have no choice but to cancel and go back to petrol , I was shown a piece of paper that says 42 week lead times but it just keeps changing constantly

On the other hand 4 mg4 there ready to go and they've sold all the allocation.

I'm getting bored of all this waiting now went back to my dealer today and stated all the facts again on here (again my dealer aren't to blame and they have been brilliant it's mg that's the issue) , they have said that she thinks it's now a issue with short range cars as had none threw said if my car dosent get built by October won't see it this year.... So I have said that if it's not here in New year I will have no choice but to cancel and go back to petrol , I was shown a peice of paper that says 42 week lead times but it just keeps changing constantly

On the other hand 4 mg4 there ready to go and theve sold all the allocation.
Given you ordered mid-April, what delivery times were you realistically expecting when November-21 customers still had no ETA? Did your dealer promise a shorter window or something?

Given you ordered mid-April, what delivery times were you realistically expecting when November-21 customers still had no ETA? Did your dealer promise a shorter window or something?
They allocated me a Feb order so technically my order is now coming up to 8 months in but 6 based on when I went to place it . They stated 4-6 months as per mg telling them this hence why I ordered and cancelled my new Skoda order as made sense going electric and was shorter lead times than Skoda.

This is my frustration people waiting since Nov/Dec which I really do feel for them. If that's the case when will I get mine August 2023 that's why I've said to my dealer if there is still people waiting since then what date will I have.

I went on octopus website last night and there quoting Jun/aug 2023 just dosent give us all much hope I'd rather of mg just said look your talking a year if it comes sooner then happy days instead of lieing to us all and giving us the same copy and paste bulldust (excuse my french)

I ordered 20th April, car is now built and delivery is early December.

They allocated me a Feb order so technically my order is now coming up to 8 months in but 6 based on when I went to place it . They stated 4-6 months as per mg telling them this hence why I ordered and cancelled my new Skoda order as made sense going electric and was shorter lead times than Skoda.

This is my frustration people waiting since Nov/Dec which I really do feel for them. If that's the case when will I get mine August 2023 that's why I've said to my dealer if there is still people waiting since then what date will I have.

I went on octopus website last night and there quoting Jun/aug 2023 just dosent give us all much hope I'd rather of mg just said look your talking a year if it comes sooner then happy days instead of lieing to us all and giving us the same copy and paste bullsh*t (excuse my french)
Thanks, I totally get it - the last line made me chuckle.

For some people, they've gone for cars where the dealer had placed the order prior and it's worked out great for them, getting their car without waiting as long. For others they've found out via MG but that their order timing has been based on the customer order date...not the dealers. Basically it's luck of the draw, which unfortunately is giving some a headache when it comes to their current vehicle.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom