MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Got a text from my dealer yesterday saying MG are providing a major update next week regarding delivery dates. Dealer says they will be in touch with me around middle of next week.

This is the first time in 9 months that the dealer has contacted me first (Although to be fair I probably don’t give them chance as I am always on their case 😂)

Anyone else heard about an MG update?
I got this text from Baylis Gloucester. I was told 2 weeks ago that my Jan 6 order was due middle of October. Hope this doesn't mean its now end of the year.

Got a text from my dealer yesterday saying MG are providing a major update next week regarding delivery dates. Dealer says they will be in touch with me around middle of next week.

This is the first time in 9 months that the dealer has contacted me first (Although to be fair I probably don’t give them chance as I am always on their case 😂)

Anyone else heard about an MG update?
Hi Hino .. just like here in Australia ... I ordered my MG ZS EV Essence ( the one with the opening sun roof) .. I don't know what you call the model over there ... anyway .. I ordered the car back in March 2022. Diamond Red colour. It was to be delivered in July . BUT shipping was delayed due to Covid and bad weather . The car arrived here in Melbourne in early August but sat on the holding yard at the docks for 8 weeks. The only way I could "track" the progress of the car was I asked for the VIN number (from the MG dealership) so I could find out about getting a quote for insurance (to know how much it was going to cost) By the way full cover set me back $724 AUD .. Now I had the VIN number I could track the progress of the car. The dealer then pin pointed the car within 2 days of the excepted delivery date. Arrived on the 20th Sept :)

Attachments

• IMG_5460.JPG
    IMG_5460.JPG
    676.9 KB · Views: 103
I got this text from Baylis Gloucester. I was told 2 weeks ago that my Jan 6 order was due middle of October. Hope this doesn't mean its now end of the year.
Yeah I’m Baylis Gloucester too. However, it’s odd that I ordered my car the day after you 07 Jan but I have not been told of the October date you mention, what have you ordered? I’m guessing Trophy or Trophy connect? Mine is an SE and I don’t think they had even received one yet

Yeah I’m Baylis Gloucester too. However, it’s odd that I ordered my car the day after you 07 Jan but I have not been told of the October date you mention, what have you ordered? I’m guessing Trophy or Trophy connect? Mine is an SE and I don’t think they had even received one yet
I ordered a blue long range trophy. I saw est date 10th October last month on the screen when I went into the dealer.

I got the MG ZS EV Essence ,That what we call it here in OZ, the one with the sun roof .. and diamond red colour. I picked it up from the dealer on the 20th of Sept 2022. 50.3kw battery pack. The cost was $46,600 AUD includes all on road costs and a set of floor mats .. ha ha. I have since put a set of mud flaps .. a set of 4 cost $35.00 original MG part. Also I ordered a tow bar which will arrive in early December that cost me $899.00 ... plus fitting when I get it.

Right so I did get a reply back from the Woman in sunny MG China, saying “we are sorry to keep you waiting. Due to the challengers posed by the ongoing shortage of computer chips and the impact of the covid 19 pandemic MG is facing delivery issues on certain models. We are trying every effort to provide qualified products to our european customers..please stay In touch with the dealer bla de, bla de, bla.”

my reply..

Hello, you have told me nothing I didn’t know before and having been to my dealer many times over the last 10 months to be told the same as yourself. I have also emailed MGUK with the same cut and paced reply, that you have a chip issue’s, covid issues, war in Ukraine etc. none of this explains why someone in the UK has ordered the same spec, colour car as I have, back in March and had the car delivered in August? I’ve been told MG China bulk build cars, I’ve also been told cars are delivered by order number? If that is the case how can someone order in March and get there car before me, surely they must have had an older order number than mine?

so again I ask, what is so short that you can’t build my car, but can build the same spec and colour as the car I ordered back in January, but have managed to build someone else’s car?

if it’s true that you bulk build the spec cars and colours in one go-run, when will the next run of silver trophy cars being built.

I was told by the dealer that I will get my car, end of March, beginning of April at the latest and here I am in October still with no sign of the car.

im told by dealer and MG UK that they have no idea what’s going on, that MG China tell them nothing, I’m told they can’t give me another car as MG China will fine them £1.500 if they do, so there are cars sitting around that the dealerships are selling to people that just walk in off the street and get a new car within days?

if you can’t answer my questions, could you pass it on to someone that can or give me a email address for them..

many thanks..

let’s see what comes back, if anything..

Right so I did get a reply back from the Woman in sunny MG China, saying “we are sorry to keep you waiting. Due to the challengers posed by the ongoing shortage of computer chips and the impact of the covid 19 pandemic MG is facing delivery issues on certain models. We are trying every effort to provide qualified products to our european customers..please stay In touch with the dealer bla de, bla de, bla.”

my reply..

Hello, you have told me nothing I didn’t know before and having been to my dealer many times over the last 10 months to be told the same as yourself. I have also emailed MGUK with the same cut and paced reply, that you have a chip issue’s, covid issues, war in Ukraine etc. none of this explains why someone in the UK has ordered the same spec, colour car as I have, back in March and had the car delivered in August? I’ve been told MG China bulk build cars, I’ve also been told cars are delivered by order number? If that is the case how can someone order in March and get there car before me, surely they must have had an older order number than mine?

so again I ask, what is so short that you can’t build my car, but can build the same spec and colour as the car I ordered back in January, but have managed to build someone else’s car?

if it’s true that you bulk build the spec cars and colours in one go-run, when will the next run of silver trophy cars being built.

I was told by the dealer that I will get my car, end of March, beginning of April at the latest and here I am in October still with no sign of the car.

im told by dealer and MG UK that they have no idea what’s going on, that MG China tell them nothing, I’m told they can’t give me another car as MG China will fine them £1.500 if they do, so there are cars sitting around that the dealerships are selling to people that just walk in off the street and get a new car within days?

if you can’t answer my questions, could you pass it on to someone that can or give me a email address for them..

many thanks..

let’s see what comes back, if anything..
It was always going to end that way. MG UK are the contact.

I hope you a decent reply, however I doubt it. I made the same comment on Facebook with a zs ev car of the year post. Reply State part shortage , but when someone suggest 2000 mg4 have shipped what is the shortage. I am in Same situation and can't understand how some one ordering after you same spec same colour gets car before you.thats the frustrating part.

It was always going to end that way. MG UK are the contact.
It’s not over till the fat lady sings..and I’ll be interested to see if anything has trickle down to my dealership, from MGUK or MG China next time I pop in..yes, I may get knocked back to MG UK, (who know FA) but I feel I needed to do something as was getting fed up with the same old shit of “we know nothing lines“ well who does then?..I’d guess and say MG China, so let’s ask them then..and that’s what I did..

if you doubt the power of your voice, just look at what they do to try to silence you..

Last edited:
It’s not over till the fat lady sings..and I’ll be interested to see if anything has trickle down to my dealership, from MGUK or MG China next time I pop in..yes, I may get knocked back to MG UK, (who know FA) but I feel I needed to do something as was getting fed up with the same old sh*t of “we know nothing lines“ well who does then?..I’d guess and say MG China, so let’s ask them then..and that’s what I did..

if you doubt the power of your voice, just look at what they do to try to silence you..
I like your optimism, but don't share it 😄

Spoke to my dealer again today and sent them the letter from here and other comments made she was honist said that in some aspects it is true on the letter regarding switching customers.

But on the other hand she has noticed on the portal some sr trophy are coming threw now and the backlog is starting to shift.

I just said I will come back to you in December if still not update then I may look to cancel in the new year but again she said the deal I've had I can't come anywhere near it for a mg4 or a mg5

Spoke to my dealer again today and sent them the letter from here and other comments made she was honist said that in some aspects it is true on the letter regarding switching customers.

But on the other hand she has noticed on the portal some sr trophy are coming threw now and the backlog is starting to shift.

I just said I will come back to you in December if still not update then I may look to cancel in the new year but again she said the deal I've had I can't come anywhere near it for a mg4 or a mg5
That’s the trouble, sit and wait or go for something else and pay more..

so your from Brum, so guess your dealer is the Redditch one…if I’m right do I get a prize?…like a ZS EV car?

Hi Hino .. just like here in Australia ... I ordered my MG ZS EV Essence ( the one with the opening sun roof) .. I don't know what you call the model over there ... anyway .. I ordered the car back in March 2022. Diamond Red colour. It was to be delivered in July . BUT shipping was delayed due to Covid and bad weather . The car arrived here in Melbourne in early August but sat on the holding yard at the docks for 8 weeks. The only way I could "track" the progress of the car was I asked for the VIN number (from the MG dealership) so I could find out about getting a quote for insurance (to know how much it was going to cost) By the way full cover set me back $724 AUD .. Now I had the VIN number I could track the progress of the car. The dealer then pin pointed the car within 2 days of the excepted delivery date. Arrived on the 20th Sept :)
Like the big bow , maybe mine will come with bells on it 😂

Chorley have just written to all customers saying that they're no longer able to honour the finance agreement signed at the time of ordering and the interest rate has jumped up to 7.9%

Options presented are:

"Due to this news from Santander, MG have provided a number of options available to you:

Keep your car on order. (understand that this will incur the increase in interest rate)
Source external funding.
Replace your order with the new model MG4.( If you take this option you will be given priority on Delivery )"

What are others doing?

Chorley have just written to all customers saying that they're no longer able to honour the finance agreement signed at the time of ordering and the interest rate has jumped up to 7.9%

Options presented are:

"Due to this news from Santander, MG have provided a number of options available to you:

Keep your car on order. (understand that this will incur the increase in interest rate)
Source external funding.
Replace your order with the new model MG4.( If you take this option you will be given priority on Delivery )"

What are others doing?
Does that mean that there is a lower finance deal on the mg4 or just that its a cheaper car?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom