MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

My dealer currently has a blue Trophy demo and he also offered me another blue Trophy to sell me.
Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll be sticking with my current dealer.
They're being really upfront with me about everything, and the car should be here by the end of November at the latest.
They think it might even be sat on Portbury docks right now, waiting to be scanned into MG's computer system.

Chorley have just written to all customers saying that they're no longer able to honour the finance agreement signed at the time of ordering and the interest rate has jumped up to 7.9%

Options presented are:

"Due to this news from Santander, MG have provided a number of options available to you:

Keep your car on order. (understand that this will incur the increase in interest rate)
Source external funding.
Replace your order with the new model MG4.( If you take this option you will be given priority on Delivery )"

What are others doing?
I'd have thought MG would be busy making sure the oil leak issue on the 4 isn't recurring before offering it up as a replacement for the ZS.. 🤔

Umm, I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth the p*ssing about waiting for a ZSEV or to just keep the Merc, apart from it being a diesel and a very big car, (it’s an estate) having a charger on the front of the house, without a EV to charge…at one point it looked like it was worth it with fuel up at around £1.99 a litre, it’s now back down to what it was before and then I think, I’ve waited 10 months for a ZS why couldn’t I wait a bit longer, the question how is how much longer, I’m I prepared to wait..I guess it’s a “how long is a bit of string” …

…at one point it looked like it was worth it with fuel up at around £1.99 a litre, it’s now back down to what it was before and then I think, I’ve waited 10 months for a ZS why couldn’t I wait a bit longer, the question how is how much longer, I’m I prepared to wait..I guess it’s a “how long is a bit of string” …
Oil prices will be going up again as OPEC have decided to restrict the number of barrels it produces to support Russia against the sanctions.

Been reading these posts since June.
Got this email from my dealer on Friday, anybody get something similar?

Hi xxxxx

MG have updated all our customer orders and our remaining 2022 orders are due to dock at the UK port in late November / Early December .

Yours is confirmed in that batch so apologies on their behalf for the delays

From point of arrival at the port its usually 2 weeks to a customers address

Many thanks

xxxxxxxxxx

Hi xxxxx

MG have updated all our customer orders and our remaining 2022 orders are due to dock at the UK port in late November / Early December .

Many thanks

xxxxxxxxxx
Who is your dealer as I have not had a message yet?

We ordered our Blue ZS EV Trophy Connect LR from MG Stirling on 13th January 2022..... got a phone call today ...still no update ..still TBA ...Guy at Dealers who we are dealing with said we are his longest waiting customer now .... Anyone heard anything ....

Last edited:
Was your order from June, as you say you have been reading from June.

Hopefully it's true and everyone that's waiting like me will be getting an email soon
Ordered 4th of may white LR but told in June they could not obtain any more white LR models so changed to a reserved blue one, whatever that ment?

Thanks for the heads up, but I think I'll be sticking with my current dealer.
They're being really upfront with me about everything, and the car should be here by the end of November at the latest.
They think it might even be sat on Portbury docks right now, waiting to be scanned into MG's computer system.
You have a ZS and a 4 on order?

Hi xxxxx

Many thanks

xxxxxxxxxx
I mean…fine.

Given what we’ve seen before from dealers, I wouldn’t be placing any bets on this been correct.

We’ll see.

We ordered our Blue ZS EV Trophy Connect from MG Stirling on 13th January 2022..... got a phone call today ...still no update ..still TBA ...Guy at Dealers who we are dealing with said we are his longest waiting customer now .... Anyone heard anything ....
My Black ZS EV LR Trophy was ordered 12th Jan 22. Hendy MG in Poole showed me on their system last Friday that my car is in production with an estimated delivery date of 22nd December. I assume that would be delivery to the UK. I'm still waiting patiently.

I mean…fine.

Given what we’ve seen before from dealers, I wouldn’t be placing any bets on this been correct.

We’ll see.
I have found New Car Discount spot on, ours was ordered early April and delivered late September. I am not aware of any delivery problems from others that have used them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom