MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I ordered 19th April and I have no idea if I was a batch or factory order I'm afraid. I'll see if I can find out.
You won't be able to.

MG seem to be operating some sort of system where it's a half way house between the two.

It's either coming from stock - in which case you would have waited no more than a few weeks, or its a factory order, which takes an amount of time that changes every month depending on when you ask, or just TBA aka / "we have no idea".

I ordered 19th April and I have no idea if I was a batch or factory order I'm afraid. I'll see if I can find out.
Based on my conversations with them at the time, you are a factory order. I ordered 22nd March and got told they had just finished allocating their "pre orders" so everything from there would be factory.

Let's keep our fingers crossed our cars are on the same boat!!

You won't be able to.

MG seem to be operating some sort of system where it's a half way house between the two.

It's either coming from stock - in which case you would have waited no more than a few weeks, or its a factory order, which takes an amount of time that changes every month depending on when you ask, or just TBA aka / "we have no idea".
Octopus EV placed a batch order, and then did custom factory orders once their batch was all pre-allocated. So although MGs order of delivery makes absolutely ZERO sense, Octopus were able to be quite transparent with me regarding their ordering process with MG.

S
Octopus EV placed a batch order, and then did custom factory orders once their batch was all pre-allocated. So although MGs order of delivery makes absolutely ZERO sense, Octopus were able to be quite transparent with me regarding their ordering process with MG.
Strange way to do it. There's be some risk in placing that batch order without having customers first lined up.

You'd have thought that would at least mean some customers get their cars fairly quickly as they got in later in the batch...

Based on my conversations with them at the time, you are a factory order. I ordered 22nd March and got told they had just finished allocating their "pre orders" so everything from there would be factory.

Let's keep our fingers crossed our cars are on the same boat!!
They offered a Pre-Order VW iD3 but as I have a wife and 3 kids we won't fit 😂 seeing if they have anything else about the same price but I doubt it. Just have to wait I guess!

They offered a Pre-Order VW iD3 but as I have a wife and 3 kids we won't fit 😂 seeing if they have anything else about the same price but I doubt it. Just have to wait I guess!
yeah i have been looking at the salary sacrifice site to see if anything else fits the bill. Polestar is just a bit spenny given that its not exactly right and a Model Y is out of my price range!

S
Strange way to do it. There's be some risk in placing that batch order without having customers first lined up.

You'd have thought that would at least mean some customers get their cars fairly quickly as they got in later in the batch...

They seem to have done it with the models they identified as being in demand, so they have done it on Model Y and 3 aswell as some Polestar Models among others.

JCT600 Just pulled my finance like people above on my MG ZS EV, decided to go with a second hand Renault Zoe. Good new is I'm picking it up next week.

Think I’m done with TBC orders for life

JCT600 Just pulled my finance like people above on my MG ZS EV, decided to go with a second hand Renault Zoe. Good new is I'm picking it up next week.

Think I’m done with TBC orders for life
It's been the worst time to order a new car, for sure. I have ordered new before and it was never this bad, so maybe one day in the future...

So I’ve just come back from the pictures and on the way back there was a lorry parked up, now I was almost pasted it, when I noticed it was full of MG ZS..now I don’t know if they were EV’s or not, I’d say not as one was a rust colour which isn’t a ZSEV colour..was in two minds to go around the roundabout back up the dual carriageway and back down pasted it again, as you can see from the lack of a photo, I didn’t bother..I would say he’s probably on his 20 minute driving break and will then carry on into the dealership in Coventry..do you think my Silver ZSEV will be on it?🤔…don’t be so f***ing silly..🤬😂🤣🤣

on another note, woman from China has not come back to me, so I’ll give her a week and see if I can find someone else..or I may get the car(oh no you won’t,) too early for panto, do you think?

Last edited:
My "its due middle of October" , which i was told at the end of september is now 14th November due to arrive at the dealers. Been waiting since 6th Jan for my Blue TLR. Hope the interest rates for finance dont go up again... 7.9% is high enough considering it was 4.9% when I ordered.

My "its due middle of October" , which i was told at the end of september is now 14th November due to arrive at the dealers. Been waiting since 6th Jan for my Blue TLR. Hope the interest rates for finance dont go up again... 7.9% is high enough considering it was 4.9% when I ordered.
Interesting, I called into the showroom today (same dealer as you) as they left me a message on Monday saying my car is due in November. I asked what evidence is there to support the November date given that they have said the same thing (due the following month) every month since March. The sales rep said “we have no evidence other than it says 14 November on the system so that means it’s on a ship. Other orders are showing January”

I’ve never been given a specific date previously and they have never said it’s on a ship before. Not sure whether to get excited or not 😂

Interesting, I called into the showroom today (same dealer as you) as they left me a message on Monday saying my car is due in November. I asked what evidence is there to support the November date given that they have said the same thing (due the following month) every month since March. The sales rep said “we have no evidence other than it says 14 November on the system so that means it’s on a ship. Other orders are showing January”

I’ve never been given a specific date previously and they have never said it’s on a ship before. Not sure whether to get excited or not 😂
"On a ship" is what I've been told as well, and I have a similar order date.

We'll see. If it doesn't come by the end of year, I think I'm out.

My LR Trophy order from July (that was a stock car order apparently, originally due this month) is now after new year.

No big issue, as I am in no rush, but the concerning thing is that the finance company isn't honouring the price due to the interest rate changes.. so hoping I don't wait another 4 months for a monthly payment that sucks

Hi all

Finally arrived today! 12 th October 2022

Mg zs se ev long range black pearl

From rgw vehicle contracts lease
(delivered from luscombs Leeds)

Ordered may 2022 from rgw
(they told me they had pre ordered a batch from Santander November 2021 when released they said, maybe true)
they originally quoted September 2022 delivery , so not far off

Think it said built in July on a certificate in it.
No mention of boat.

I know I am very lucky , I know some have been waiting much longer. Sorry to guys and gals still waiting .

But one consellation I will say it very good and worth the wait.
(If I can get used to that very sensitive brake, nearly ended up through windscreen today! Is it just me lol)
But no my first ev and first automatic. So amazing how , quiet, easy to drive especially stop start traffic and very smooth, and that instant power in sport, making me smile all day. And my 9 year old daughter saying again dad, that was fun!

Quick pic

😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221012-151615_Photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20221012-151615_Photos~2.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20221012_112051.jpg
    20221012_112051.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 103
Mines at the North pole having the wheels glued on by buddy and his elv's

Was told there awaiting the sun roof so be Christmas 2024 for delivery

Have to start joking about these things now otherwise I'll cry

Johnny fever I'll send you a diecast model with electric remote for Christmas 🤣

Placed order beginning of January for long range trophy connect , can’t give me any idea of a delivery date , contacted MG several times.
I have seen plenty people on here that’s got delivery of their cars , mainly Red, Blue, Black and the odd white.
Has anyone had delivery of a monument Silver vehicle ?
As I've read on here they make cars in batches of colours was wondering if wasn’t a big demand for the monument Silver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed order beginning of January for long range trophy connect , can’t give me any idea of a delivery date , contacted MG several times.
I have seen plenty people on here that’s got delivery of there cars , mainly Red, Blue, Black and the odd white.
Has anyone had delivery of a monument Silver vehicle ?
As Ive read on here they make cars in batches of colours was wondering if wasn’t a big demand for the monument Silver.
I have a silver..... Ordered 4th December 2021. Had mine since 9th July. Well worth the wait and love the colour 😊

Hi all

Finally arrived today! 12 th October 2022

Mg zs se ev long range black pearl

From rgw vehicle contracts lease
(delivered from luscombs Leeds)

Ordered may 2022 from rgw
(they told me they had pre ordered a batch from Santander November 2021 when released they said, maybe true)
they originally quoted September 2022 delivery , so not far off

Think it said built in July on a certificate in it.
No mention of boat.

I know I am very lucky , I know some have been waiting much longer. Sorry to guys and gals still waiting .

But one consellation I will say it very good and worth the wait.
(If I can get used to that very sensitive brake, nearly ended up through windscreen today! Is it just me lol)
But no my first ev and first automatic. So amazing how , quiet, easy to drive especially stop start traffic and very smooth, and that instant power in sport, making me smile all day. And my 9 year old daughter saying again dad, that was fun!

Quick pic

😁
Are you using one foot for both the accelerator & break? if you try to use two feet (as I did initially on the test drive) you have the issue you are having. Hope this helps, it's a lovely car BTW.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom