MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Car expected to land in 10-14 days. I'll let someone else work out what ship that might be. Then another couple of weeks for prepping and touch and go whether it will be under or over 12 months since order! (10 December)

Date: 15 November 2022 at 17:12:49 GMT
TO:
Subject: Re: Car delivery update
Hi
Thank you for your correspondence.
Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 3000079xxx), we are pleased to confirm that your
vehicle has been built and it is scheduled for future shipment with an estimated arrival
date towards the mid of December.
Although we are unable to confirm the exact delivery date for you, your dealership will
be in touch in due course to provide more information and make further arrangements
in relation to your vehicle handover.
Thanks again for taking the time to contact MG Motor, we hope you will enjoy your new
MG soon!
Kind Regards,
MG Call Centre Team
MG Motor Call Centre
Email:
[email protected]

So my car was ordered directly with a MG dealership on 19/1/2022 for a ZS EV Long range trophy connect in monument silver.

Last edited:
20221115_124746.jpg

Does anyone know what the delivery status “Awaiting Allocation” quoted by the MG dealers use actually means?

When I first ordered my car at the end of March 22, I was told it had an ETA of June 22. That steadily moved back until I was told it had an ETA of September 22.

I was then told that the status had changes to TBA October 22 which then became TBA November 22 (I assume TBA means “to be advised”).

I have now been told that the it is “sitting in Cars Awaiting Allocation” which sounds a bit more positive but that could mean anything from it is awaiting allocation of a slot on the production line to it is part of a batch of cars sitting on the dockside in the UK waiting to be allocated to me.

From the comments here, different dealers seem to use different terms to describe delivery status. Has anyone else been told their car is “awaiting allocation” and if so, how long after that did they get it?

Does anyone know what the delivery status “Awaiting Allocation” quoted by the MG dealers use actually means?

When I first ordered my car at the end of March 22, I was told it had an ETA of June 22. That steadily moved back until I was told it had an ETA of September 22.

I was then told that the status had changes to TBA October 22 which then became TBA November 22 (I assume TBA means “to be advised”).

I have now been told that the it is “sitting in Cars Awaiting Allocation” which sounds a bit more positive but that could mean anything from it is awaiting allocation of a slot on the production line to it is part of a batch of cars sitting on the dockside in the UK waiting to be allocated to me.

From the comments here, different dealers seem to use different terms to describe delivery status. Has anyone else been told their car is “awaiting allocation” and if so, how long after that did they get it?
I wouldn’t attempt to try and make sense of it.

They only really know anything concrete once the car has docked.

My black TCLR from last November, still not built apparently. Dealer has chased it up, and also noted that they're not getting cars in order (which we'd already worked out here). Sometimes the status will change from being shipped back to being on shortage, and sometimes a delivery will just turn up. Ultimately they can't make head nor tails of how vehicles are being allocated by MG.

To be clear, this is not a lease deal and it's still this slow. I'd like to be wrong, but I doubt it'll turn up before 2023.

Car expected to land in 10-14 days. I'll let someone else work out what ship that might be. Then another couple of weeks for prepping and touch and go whether it will be under or over 12 months since order! (10 December)
Think we are in the same boat! Literally. Ordered 9th Dec. Mg Portsmouth sorting mine but it has to come all the way up north to Preston where I am. They said they would try to get the prep pushed quickly when it arrives for around a week for me. Would love to know what ship out of curiosity. Been looking on shipping arrivals but all I know is 5th December arrival (possibly PORTBURY). Couldn’t see any mention of the SAIC port though in the lists.
Portsmouth said they had loads of other orders on this one :) fingers crossed this has lots of others orders on too.

Picked our LR Trophy up from Chorley MG on Sunday. Was initially a bit miffed as they'd only charged it to 80% but managed the 200 mile drive home no problem! Sorry to see our second and probably last Nissan Leaf go, but with that range, I'm looking forward to a bit more freedom!

Attachments

• PXL_20221113_114631837.jpg
    PXL_20221113_114631837.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 110
Well, this has been a mad week. I was told my car WOULD be another 42 weeks, then told it had 'been found', then it was back on shortage being built, then I got a call saying it was ready for delivery.

THEN, they called me again and said they had jumped the gun and it wasnt ready at all! ARGH!

I checked my Tusker account, and it moved to build slot confirmed (instead of awaiting build slot). I called my dealer back and they said that Tusker 'hadnt authorised it', NOT GOOD.

I called Tusker and they said they needed to check my paperwork (FROM 10 MONTHS AGO), but it was all in order. I then 'suggested' they let my dealer know as they have just cancelled my delivery as it hasnt been authorised.

This morning, another call from the dealer, with confirmation that 28th is back on, and its all confirmed. Checked my Tusker, and it has my reg plate, chassis number and 'Delivery booked'. I then received an email from Tusker with some paperwork to do with my new car.

SO EXCITED!!!!

This has been a horrific journey, and I know its a bit of a first world problem, but my mental health really suffered when I sold my car, just the moment the world went to poo, and my car got delayed by months. I didnt know what to do, but the end is in sight :)

Think we are in the same boat! Literally. Ordered 9th Dec. Mg Portsmouth sorting mine but it has to come all the way up north to Preston where I am. They said they would try to get the prep pushed quickly when it arrives for around a week for me. Would love to know what ship out of curiosity. Been looking on shipping arrivals but all I know is 5th December arrival (possibly PORTBURY). Couldn’t see any mention of the SAIC port though in the lists.
Portsmouth said they had loads of other orders on this one :) fingers crossed this has lots of others orders on too.
Think mine is on the same boat. Was told 5th of December UK arrival as well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom