MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I received an email yesterday saying mine will arrive soon (ordered in May). However the dealer is saying because of global financial changes and interest rate rises the monthly cost will be an extra £17. Not huge but I've contacted them asking for what that makes the monthly figure, I was purchasing it on a 0% interest deal so I'm hoping they haven't put me on the other one by mistake.

Seems like more & more ZS EV orders coming through now , plenty comments on here about car collections for December including my own 11 months wait , bought plenty of accessories for it over the 11 months wait.

Hi all. I ordered an ZS EV long range back in early January through Tusker and literally only found this forum this week when searching google for 'on order, awaiting build slot' to see what this status actually meant.

After reading a number of positive sounding posts this week (after many gloom ones in the months prior) I started to get a bit excited and sure enough an hour ago I had a call from Perry's in Luton to say that it's due for delivery in a couple of weeks time so I'm absolutely delighted. Just hope it happens.

Posting this not to brag (honest) but to give others hope. I almost didn't answer the call from Perry's thinking it was spam so definitely answer if you get a call! Good luck all, hope those waiting get good news soon.

Just got a phone call from Norton Way Group (Who are they I here you ask?). Apparently they are my dealer assigned by Octopus energy. A very kind lady informed my they are expecting my car in a couple of weeks (Black ZS EV LR SE ordered 21/12/21). She said I should have it mid December early January. Could it be?

I have also graduated..car sitting outside on the drive…would I buy another MG..probably not, just when I think it’s all over and I have the car..it’s not..I have paperwork that says I will have/get free mats for it (yer right) part of the deal with the change of px price, I asked for a free polo shirt, baseball cap and golf umbrella, ok so I have nothing to say the golf umbrella was part of the deal…but have message for polo size and asked if they wanted to throw in a baseball cap…but have paperwork with free car mats on it, of course MG Coventry are saying, ok for baseball cap and polo shirt, but its a no from us for the umbrella and car mats…I’ve messaged them back and of course they have replied within…well not at all..have asked who’s said I’m not getting mats or umbrella, as I’ll need to know before I email MG head office again…you would think MG would want to keep there customers happy, so they will come back and buy another car in the future..in some ways I wish I hadn’t bought the bloody thing in the first place..think they had a terrible customer service…will update as I go along, you knew it wouldn’t end well..just wait till I get on to what happened with my insurance people..

I have also graduated..car sitting outside on the drive…would I buy another MG..probably not, just when I think it’s all over and I have the car..it’s not..I have paperwork that says I will have/get free mats for it (yer right) part of the deal with the change of px price, I asked for a free polo shirt, baseball cap and golf umbrella, ok so I have nothing to say the golf umbrella was part of the deal…but have message for polo size and asked if they wanted to throw in a baseball cap…but have paperwork with free car mats on it, of course MG Coventry are saying, ok for baseball cap and polo shirt, but its a no from us for the umbrella and car mats…I’ve messaged them back and of course they have replied within…well not at all..have asked who’s said I’m not getting mats or umbrella, as I’ll need to know before I email MG head office again…you would think MG would want to keep there customers happy, so they will come back and buy another car in the future..in some ways I wish I hadn’t bought the bloody thing in the first place..think they had a terrible customer service…will update as I go along, you knew it wouldn’t end well..just wait till I get on to what happened with my insurance people..
Do you like the car, is it what you remembered?

So boys and girls..I rang MG and no one answered the phone (what a surprise) so went up there, took my paperwork and spoke to salesman, said I was so f****** p*** off I’ve had the car a day and all this leaves a f*** bitter taste in my mouth, said would I buy another MG, not if they were giving them away for a pound, would I recommend them..no..ask who said no to the car mats?…told Tim the MD, so said I’ll contact him and have a go, said can’t wait to get a customer service thing, MG don’t send them out anymore, I was told, what a surprise I said, left..get in the house and start to message Tim and the phone goes..manager on it, saying he doesn’t want an unhappy customer over a set of mats and he’ll sort some out for me…so hopefully that’s done…

now do you want to hear about my insurers, so rang them this morning, car sitting out the front of the dealership with me ready to go, all the normal stuff, he then puts me on hold…and I wait and wait and..I think you get the picture, he then come back on the phone and says they don’t insure MG trophy EV..oh great..so I say well I may as well cancel it, to be told to cancel my insurance it’ll cost £90…you could see the steam coming out my ears..I said, so I was happy to change my car insurance over from one car to the other, but you wont insurer it and now want to charge me £90 to cancel, something that isn’t really my fault..I took out the 5 day free insurance thing…will ring again and shout down the phone to someone with a stripe on there arm..£90 there having a laugh..guess this may go up the chain…

Do you like the car, is it what you remembered?
Yes, I’ve had a few test drives in one, to see if I still liked it while I’d be waiting for the car…still says its waiting build on the salesman’s screen..it seems funny sitting up higher than in the Mercedes I px in..just need to sort out the MG pilot stuff…but guess it wont be long to sort it, if I can’t, I’ll have a look at YouTube, there’s loads of stuff on there about it..if someone can move me to now driving an MG on the thing, that would be great..

Front & rear one piece mat , Carbon fibre door & boot threshold protector stickers, Led interior reading light usb charging , car front seat organisers you can buy right and left , side mirrors rainproof eye brow covers , leather rear car seat anti kick protectors with storage , full set mud flaps.
Ive got everything apart from mud flaps that should be delivered next week.
All items bought from AliExpress which come from either China or Hong Kong , if interested just Google it , type in to search MG ZS EV 2022
bought the rear Led light as I believe there is no rear interior light over rear seats from memory ( haven’t got my car yet hopefully due 2nd week in December.

Hi all. I ordered an ZS EV long range back in early January through Tusker and literally only found this forum this week when searching google for 'on order, awaiting build slot' to see what this status actually meant.

After reading a number of positive sounding posts this week (after many gloom ones in the months prior) I started to get a bit excited and sure enough an hour ago I had a call from Perry's in Luton to say that it's due for delivery in a couple of weeks time so I'm absolutely delighted. Just hope it happens.

Posting this not to brag (honest) but to give others hope. I almost didn't answer the call from Perry's thinking it was spam so definitely answer if you get a call! Good luck all, hope those waiting get good news soon.
Must've been the same shipment as mine!

Well seems that my order is about to be filled. Have to go on Monday to sort out registration. Had confirmation from SAIC MG Germany that my car (MG ZS EV Long Range Comfort version) will be delivered to the dealer this week.

What accessories have you bought?
Front & rear one piece mat , Carbon fibre door & boot threshold protector stickers, Led interior reading light usb charging , car front seat organisers you can buy right and left , side mirrors rainproof eye brow covers , leather rear car seat anti kick protectors with storage , full set mud flaps.
Ive got everything apart from mud flaps that should be delivered next week.
All items bought from AliExpress which come from either China or Hong Kong , if interested just Google it , type in to search MG ZS EV 2022
bought the rear Led light as I believe there is no rear interior light over rear seats from memory ( haven’t got my car yet hopefully due 2nd week in December.

So boys and girls..I rang MG and no one answered the phone (what a surprise) so went up there, took my paperwork and spoke to salesman, said I was so f****** p*** off I’ve had the car a day and all this leaves a f*** bitter taste in my mouth, said would I buy another MG, not if they were giving them away for a pound, would I recommend them..no..ask who said no to the car mats?…told Tim the MD, so said I’ll contact him and have a go, said can’t wait to get a customer service thing, MG don’t send them out anymore, I was told, what a surprise I said, left..get in the house and start to message Tim and the phone goes..manager on it, saying he doesn’t want an unhappy customer over a set of mats and he’ll sort some out for me…so hopefully that’s done…

now do you want to hear about my insurers, so rang them this morning, car sitting out the front of the dealership with me ready to go, all the normal stuff, he then puts me on hold…and I wait and wait and..I think you get the picture, he then come back on the phone and says they don’t insure MG trophy EV..oh great..so I say well I may as well cancel it, to be told to cancel my insurance it’ll cost £90…you could see the steam coming out my ears..I said, so I was happy to change my car insurance over from one car to the other, but you wont insurer it and now want to charge me £90 to cancel, something that isn’t really my fault..I took out the 5 day free insurance thing…will ring again and shout down the phone to someone with a stripe on there arm..£90 there having a laugh..guess this may go up the chain…
You might want to give these a try. Insurance

I wouldn't get excited about car mats.

I mean, I see more of my front door mat than the car mats.

Just buy some rubber aftermarkets and move on with your life.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom