MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It's a real shame how everyone is getting treated bit of better communication would of helped everyone but just tit for tat ATM

Theve Said they will keep my name to the order but it's just massively put me off what happened with all the mg hs situation. Santander finally emailed back stating it was internal polices why I couldn't have a 4 year deal and instead offered a 3 year makes me laugh as my mg zs ev was 4 years. Santander (Spanish bank) & mg (china) aren't a very good mix in my eyes both terrible at communication. = Both good at feeding you rubbish

When I cancelled I ordered my nissan straight away and it's here ready to be delivered whole process has took 1 month (from picking my delivery date) and they say building cars in the UK is dead....
Good..really happy for you..MG get one opportunity to show there customers how good they are…I may have got the car and drive an MG, but when it comes to service time, I won’t be heading to MG Coventry to get it done..the same if MG come out with a really nice looking car and I’m tempted to buy one..they won’t get my business..whats The saying…”first impressions count” …MG you failed on so many levels..shame you no longer send out customer service things..guess your sick of getting the same thing back..your sh*t..

We dropped into our dealership who to be fair have been as good as they can be when they don't physically have a car to provide.. they have said if it's not updated on their system as of Saturday then it's not coming before Christmas. All of the communication issues appear to be at a higher level than the dealership, they're as annoyed as us because they can't make money without cars coming in!

I'm stuck waiting to trade-in my old i3 which is just down to limited 100-110mi range causing some issues where I'm falling over onto the Range Extender.

Last experience of a factory order was 5months for a Korean brand so this is a rather long wait, especially when MG UK were advising dealerships of 5month wait time in January.

Would have been good to not now be looking at the 52 week+ mark, maybe we'll have a 23 plate, who knows!

So I went into MG Balsall common dealership as don’t want to deal any longer with MG Coventry, told I would get my car mats Monday by Coventry..Monday comes and goes, no message, no phone call to say mats are here..the polo shirt they gave me is a X-LARGE and just swamps me..I knew way back in December that they had all the clothing etc at BC..anyway, go in and it seems MG no longer do clothing, told they make cars and not a fashion clothing line..ok, fair enough, asked about the mats, “don’t Coventry have them? I think we sent some” said I didn’t know as no-one has contacted me..they went off and got another set of mats and fitted them in the car..ask why I wasn’t going to deal with Coventry MG..(there sister place) told him the long story, but kept it short…anyway, he says to me, wait there a minute..goes inside and comes out with a new golf umbrella, saying this was mine, but if we said, we are going to give you an umbrella, then we will give you an umbrella, so thanks to Phil at BC I have an umbrella as well…why couldn’t Coventry MG be like that?..asked about the cost of the first service..£180, ask what I get for my £180..told they sort the batteries and update stuff and it takes about an hour...now whether I take it back to them to be serviced is another thing..I know it won’t see MG Coventry again unless it breaks down and I have no choice…

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever it is it wont be an MG. We had been looking to replace both cars with coming models. Having had this experience MG have lost our custom and the MG we have will be gone by the end of next week. Have a works van for now. So signing off hope those who are still waiting get their cars and the deals they signed for.

wait at long last over red mg ev es trophy with sun roof pick up Monday afternoon ordered in June
If you ordered in June you have done very well to get it so soon , some people on here ordered last November & December still waiting. That being said enjoy your new car 👍🏻

So I went into MG Balsall common dealership as don’t want to deal any longer with MG Coventry, told I would get my car mats Monday by Coventry..Monday comes and goes, no message, no phone call to say mats are here..the polo shirt they gave me is a X-LARGE and just swamps me..I knew way back in December that they had all the clothing etc at BC..anyway, go in and it seems MG no longer do clothing, told they make cars and not a fashion clothing line..ok, fair enough, asked about the mats, “don’t Coventry have them? I think we sent some” said I didn’t know as no-one has contacted me..they went off and got another set of mats and fitted them in the car..ask why I wasn’t going to deal with Coventry MG..(there sister place) told him the long story, but kept it short…anyway, he says to me, wait there a minute..goes inside and comes out with a new golf umbrella, saying this was mine, but if we said, we are going to give you an umbrella, then we will give you an umbrella, so thanks to Phil at BC I have an umbrella as well…why couldn’t Coventry MG be like that?..asked about the cost of the first service..£180, ask what I get for my £180..told they sort the batteries and update stuff and it takes about an hour...now whether I take it back to them to be serviced is another thing..I know it won’t see MG Coventry again unless it breaks down and I have no choice…
By way of comparison, first service on my Ioniq 38kwh EV was £62.

I got no t shirt, umbrella or mats.

As they say in the US “you do the math”

;)

Ordered exactly the same model Feb and still no sign, do MG use 5yr olds to sort build order?
As I say, my January order only just arrived, so I would expect another month.

Interestingly the build date on my car was early July. No idea why it took from then until now for it to arrive in the country.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom