MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

As I say, my January order only just arrived, so I would expect another month.

Interestingly the build date on my car was early July. No idea why it took from then until now for it to arrive in the country.
What I can't understand is how can my order which is identical be on shortage when a order a month later is made delivered.

What I can't understand is how can my order which is identical be on shortage when a order a month later is made delivered.
simple, the status "on shortage" means nothing. MG UK and dealerships have no idea what status your car is at. It could be built, on a ship or on the moon for all they know until it turns up at the port or a transporter.
I am in the same position, ordered March but June orders are being delivered. Frustrating!

My initial impressions after waiting 11 months!

Why can’t MG sort out something with all those ordered from last year’s and early this year. I don’t think it’s many but first come first supposed to be. I really don’t know how MG working their order.

I picked up my silver Trophy today. Date of manufacture - 19th August. Very enjoyable 40 mile drive home! The dash wasn’t showing the correct time. I don’t know whether it will align itself to UK time automatically, or whether I need to research how to do it. I had a quick look, but couldn’t see anything about the clock function.

I picked up my silver Trophy today. Date of manufacture - 19th August. Very enjoyable 40 mile drive home! The dash wasn’t showing the correct time. I don’t know whether it will align itself to UK time automatically, or whether I need to research how to do it. I had a quick look, but couldn’t see anything about the clock function.
another one on the road, I think the clock is auto, so should sort it’s self out…hopefully…

I wonder if there’s a topic on what you like and what you don’t? About the car..

@DrJohnny Fever

I certainly love the ride height - it was one of the reasons I chose an SUV. Size was also crucial, as I like to keep my car in the garage. The MG is a fair bit bigger than my previous car (which I knew obviously), but it goes in okay if I flip in the door mirrors. I took my Carlinkit with me today, so I could listen to my music on the drive home, and the sound was okay. The boot looks big enough to fit in my folding bike. Will find out in the Spring. One more thing I immediately noticed - the cup holders actually accommodate a travel cup. Sadly, my previous car’s holders were sadly lacking in this department 🤣 I like the colour too. So, from me, nothing about speed, acceleration etc etc……… I don’t care. For the type of trips I do, it’s not at all important.

oops - this is the shipping updates thread……

Last edited:
@DrJohnny Fever

I certainly love the ride height - it was one of the reasons I chose an SUV. Size was also crucial, as I like to keep my car in the garage. The MG is a fair bit bigger than my previous car (which I knew obviously), but it goes in okay if I flip in the door mirrors. I took my Carlinkit with me today, so I could listen to my music on the drive home, and the sound was okay. The boot looks big enough to fit in my folding bike. Will find out in the Spring. One more thing I immediately noticed - the cup holders actually accommodate a travel cup. Sadly, my previous car’s holders were sadly lacking in this department 🤣 I like the colour too. So, from me, nothing about speed, acceleration etc etc……… I don’t care. For the type of trips I do, it’s not at all important.

I’ve just posted an “like/dislike“ post on the car in a topic called…”MG ZS EV Trophy..it’s ok”…guess you’ll fine the topic if interested from that..

@DrJohnny Fever

I only see the height as a disadvantage. I wish it was lower. Impacts efficiency and makes it harder to see more vulnerable road users.

Ordered mine in March, got a call from the dealer this morning saying that they had no idea when it was coming and it may be a year or could be two years, they didn't have a clue, advised me to cancel and choose something else!

Ordered mine in March, got a call from the dealer this morning saying that they had no idea when it was coming and it may be a year or could be two years, they didn't have a clue, advised me to cancel and choose something else!
I would say you got a good deal and they want you to cancel and when it comes in they can sell it at a higher price. Only reason I'm sticking it out as I'm a cash buyer and for the money it got it nothing else comes close

I would say you got a good deal and they want you to cancel and when it comes in they can sell it at a higher price. Only reason I'm sticking it out as I'm a cash buyer and for the money it got it nothing else comes close
I did get a good deal, they have told me they can get me a MG4 EV in a few weeks.

Hey
I have finally cancelled my order. Dealer saying MG would not honour the deal was the last straw. I do not think I would have got it this year anyway.
I don’t blame the dealer.
Hopefully the dealer who has an MG5 which will arrive in 2 weeks is right.

Now to start reading the MG5 forum.

Good luck to everyone.

Morning all. Popped in to see my dealer yesterday to get an update on my March order (LR Trophy in Red). In October I was told I would collect the week before Xmas and MG would honour the price (affinity deal) and the interest rate on the PCP would not increase. Yesterday they said my car is sitting at Portbury awaiting transport, it's due to arrive at the dealer on 1st December. So all being well I should have my car within 2 weeks! I asked about price and interest again, this time I was told the interest rate will increase. Which is annoying but not surprising, so I'm going to try and get some free stuff out of them for giving me duff info.

He said the car arrived at Portbury on 14th November but he didn't know what boat it was on. I'm going to see if I can work it out.

Sunny today, so I thought I would take a photo of my car.

Attachments

• 6A00DD5B-36F7-4131-AEA5-C7963573EFA8.jpeg
    6A00DD5B-36F7-4131-AEA5-C7963573EFA8.jpeg
    677.8 KB · Views: 115
Well, i afraid this is my signing off post.

Having ordered a Silver TCLR in March, original delivery September, then December, then Feb, I have just been told by Octopus to now expect between April and June 2023 with an expectation it will slip further. I can't wait that long. Been advised to swap for an MG4, but it was the size of vehicle that I wanted, and no other options really exist at that cost point.

So for me its back to ICE, looking at Quashqais at the weekend.

Good luck to all those still on order! I hope you get your car soon!

Well, i afraid this is my signing off post.

Having ordered a Silver TCLR in March, original delivery September, then December, then Feb, I have just been told by Octopus to now expect between April and June 2023 with an expectation it will slip further. I can't wait that long. Been advised to swap for an MG4, but it was the size of vehicle that I wanted, and no other options really exist at that cost point.

So for me its back to ICE, looking at Quashqais at the weekend.

Good luck to all those still on order! I hope you get your car soon!
Take a look at this thread, it may help you to get the car you want..
MG ZS Forum Member Order Tracker

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom