MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That’s is really bad! I ordered my car Feb 22 so I guessing mine will be delayed until around June..
It is bad did you order anything special on it as I ordered mine in june and apparently getting mine Dec 20th ish? I ordered the trophy LR

Last edited:
It is bad did you order anything special on it as I ordered mine in june and apparently getting mine Dec 16th ish? I ordered the trophy LR
My order is a Trophy Connect LR so they are supposed to be honouring the Sunroof etc if ordered before June or July when the price changed.

I picked up my MG ZS EV Silver Trophy Connect yesterday (8/12/22) from MG Chorley Group. The order was placed on 24th November 2021 and it arrived on 22nd November 2022.

Now having trouble binding the car to the iSmart app. I've watched several youtube videos but still frustrated that it fails to bind. I'll give it a go again today.
When I picked mine up on Monday the lady who done the hand over couldn’t find the QR code and gave up , they promised me that someone would contact me to sort it out which never happened , I tried myself and couldn’t do it , in the end my son managed it in 5 minutes , you have to do 2 QR codes I watched him do it , the frustration was the home wall charger wouldn’t talk to the car as MG won’t hand out the API to charger suppliers , once you manage to bind the car you have full control doing so many useful things via the app.

Order date 15/03/22 LR Trophy in silver
Expected delivery date has just been moved on to June 2023 due to "delay at the factory"
what a joke!
I ordered same spec and colour on 23/03/22, it’s not looking good for a Christmas delivery. My order still showing mid December to dealership but status is showing awaiting build slot. Ordered through Tusker.

Hi all, has anyone orders a ZS EV via a work car scheme? My OG delivery date was given as 'between 1st - 28th November'... All MG are saying to my supplier is that they are 'in transit' but can't give a date!
Ordered mine through the work scheme which was back Mid August this year with the ETA of the end of February/Early March 2023. Spoke with the leasing firm providing the car for the work scheme and they said their the ETA we are being given is pretty accurate and have done for the last few batches of cars they buy in bulk.

Picking up my Trophy on Thursday, just been round to see it . White with sunroof , was quite surprised at the darkness (is that the correct terminology) of the window tints. Was planning on having them done but no need! Great deal on my MG 5 SR from the garage, been a great car whoever buys it will have a cracker. 🥳🥳

Order date 15/03/22 LR Trophy in silver
Expected delivery date has just been moved on to June 2023 due to "delay at the factory"
what a joke!
I ordered mine LR ES in Silver end of April 2022 I was told at that time I would receive it before end August 2022! Sold my car in the April to save on MOT etc. Now I'm told they don't know when it will arrive. I'm without a car and getting more frustrated by the day. Is the car really worth waiting for? Or should I start looking at alternatives? After enquiries most other makes EVs are taking at least 6 months so possibly better to just wait. Think I need reassurance from current ZS LR EV owners that they are happy with their purchase? Thank you.

I ordered an SE LR in Silver at the start of Jan 22, expected delivery April, then July, then September, then November, now told March 23. Cancelled it, walked into a Hyundai Garage & collecting a new Kona next week. Good luck to anyone waiting for their vaporware MG, the way MG are treating their customers is appalling.

I ordered mine LR ES in Silver end of April 2022 I was told at that time I would receive it before end August 2022! Sold my car in the April to save on MOT etc. Now I'm told they don't know when it will arrive. I'm without a car and getting more frustrated by the day. Is the car really worth waiting for? Or should I start looking at alternatives? After enquiries most other makes EVs are taking at least 6 months so possibly better to just wait. Think I need reassurance from current ZS LR EV owners that they are happy with their purchase? Thank you.
In my opinion, yes, the car is worth waiting for. Whoever told you August was probably hoping for a cancelled order (or they were just lying to get your deposit).

If you are desperate for a car, I bought an old banger for £300 with 6 months MOT while my previous car was off the road, and then sold it for £250 to someone who was doing the same thing. On the other hand, there are subscription EV's where you pay monthly with everything thrown in.

Yea mine ordered Dec 21. But wasn’t bothered about the wait as I had an MG5 , not sure I’d have waited if i hadn’t had that.

When I picked mine up on Monday the lady who done the hand over couldn’t find the QR code and gave up , they promised me that someone would contact me to sort it out which never happened , I tried myself and couldn’t do it , in the end my son managed it in 5 minutes , you have to do 2 QR codes I watched him do it , the frustration was the home wall charger wouldn’t talk to the car as MG won’t hand out the API to charger suppliers , once you manage to bind the car you have full control doing so many useful things via the app.
I've now got it to work successfully. It took a while trying different ways to get it to bind. have never managed to get it to send a code to my android phone, but it sends the code via email just fine.

I've now got it to work successfully. It took a while trying different ways to get it to bind. have never managed to get it to send a code to my android phone, but it sends the code via email just fine.
Glad you finally got it to work , my son showed me all the things you can do via the app , just playing about with to set it up the way I want , I got a personal full apology from the owner of the garage I purchased it from and picking up full set of mats next week for free for the trouble.

Ordered a Black LR trophy back in May and perhaps some light at the end of the tunnel. This is a direct quote from dealership: “I'm hoping for you to have it at the beginning of the year.” 🤞

Trophy LR in monument silver.
Business lease ordered 02/02/2022.
ETA pushed from 01/05/2022 to 08/08/2022 to 22/11/2022 to 13/12/2022. Starting to consider cancelling but received a call saying the car had arrived at the dealer 06/12/2022 and is available for delivery from 12/12/2022. Hopefully taking delivery next Friday, 16/12/2022.
I hope it was worth the wait.

Trophy LR in monument silver.
Business lease ordered 02/02/2022.
ETA pushed from 01/05/2022 to 08/08/2022 to 22/11/2022 to 13/12/2022. Starting to consider cancelling but received a call saying the car had arrived at the dealer 06/12/2022 and is available for delivery from 12/12/2022. Hopefully taking delivery next Friday, 16/12/2022.
I hope it was worth the wait.
Im sure they do them in colour batches I got mine on Monday monument silver like a lot of other in the last 2 weeks , you will love it brilliant car.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom