MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I contacted the dealer that Tusker nominated and got this reply: "Your vehicle has been built and has an estimated delivery date to dealer of 20/04. The latest anticipated delivery date to you is 27/04."
3 months to get here! I guess they're driving it over.
Half of that time will be spent on a ship between Shanghai & Bristol.

Popped into our dealership over the weekend to see what the computer said. Car (LR TC Blue) is in the country awaiting transport! Shouldn't be long now (13 months and counting)...
I hope mine was on the ship with yours, I order a LRTC Red Feb (found out it was ordered in Nov 21 by the dealer)

So I just had a phone call with the dealer for my car - it’s arrived in the UK, but my estimated collection date is 10th March? Should it take over a month to get the car ready? Am I being too optimistic to hope it’s done sooner?

So I just had a phone call with the dealer for my car - it’s arrived in the UK, but my estimated collection date is 10th March? Should it take over a month to get the car ready? Am I being too optimistic to hope it’s done sooner?
My dealer said 2 weeks to them and another week or so with them.
10th march seems a bit long but not excessive

Cancelled our order. Perry's (dealer) are saying its looking like anything ordered after/during July 22 is at risk.

Gone with a Cupra Born V1 instead, being delivered before April :D

Cancelled our order. Perry's (dealer) are saying its looking like anything ordered after/during July 22 is at risk.

Gone with a Cupra Born V1 instead, being delivered before April :D
I was all set to order one, until the (more generous) grant disappeared, and the price was above the level for any grant. ☹️ It certainly is a lovely car, with a good colour choice too.

Contacted Luscombe's Leeds who is fulfilling my Tusker order. The car has arrived in the UK. Should be with them in a couple of weeks. Expected delivery to me end of February.

Silver MG ZS EV LR Trophy Connect. Ordered in the middle of July.

Exciting!
Exact same spec as mine! Please send some pictures when it arrives

Contacted Luscombe's Leeds who is fulfilling my Tusker order. The car has arrived in the UK. Should be with them in a couple of weeks. Expected delivery to me end of February.

Silver MG ZS EV LR Trophy Connect. Ordered in the middle of July.

Exciting!
Same spec and order route as mine. Ordered in March but still showing late March for delivery.

Happy motoring when it arrives, pictures please.

Same spec and order route as mine. Ordered in March but still showing late March for delivery.

Happy motoring when it arrives, pictures please.

I assume yours is with a sunroof. Mine is most likely without. Looks like MG builts cars in randomized order. lol

Hi all, I have been watching this forum for a while now listening to the woes of others and I thought I’d share my experience, in the hope it may make people feel better.
March 2022 ordered 2No. MG ZS TLR through my company’s salary sacrifice scheme, one for me and 1 for my wife. Told at the time estimated delivery was 20 weeks which matched what I was told independently by 3 dealers.
A week after ordering found that Zenith didn’t process the second order, so had to place another order. No biggies as delivery time remained the same. After not receiving confirmation of the order, I followed up and was told the order had not been placed for a 2nd time as their supplier had changed the price of the vehicle and they were in discussion about who was to incur this cost (told them it wasn’t me). Three weeks later (April 21) told the issue had been resolved and the order had been placed.
Again not having had confirmation of the order, I chased Zenith and having failed to get a response from them so called their supplier and advised that MG at the time had closed their doors to new orders and my car hadn’t been ordered. Then spent 3 weeks emailing and calling Zenith to discuss the issue, but they wouldn’t respond. Eventually after calling several times over two days and refusing to hang up while someone finished a meeting. It was confirmed the order had not been placed (May 21).
The order was then eventually placed at the start of June and I received confirmation that the order had been placed with a delivery date of April 23.
I then raised a complaint and after 4 weeks of investigation, it was concluded what I had told them in my complaint was correct, and in their response (July 2022) they advised the order placed in June had not actually been placed.
I have now spent over 7 months receiving monthly emails saying the estimated delivery date of the ordered vehicle has been pushed back (now May 2023) and arguing with Zenith to supply me with a similar vehicle to replace the second one not ordered.
To make matters worse during this time where my wife and I work has introduced a clean air zone and now have to pay this charge as our current vehicles don’t comply.
I’m not looking for sympathy, just highlighting to those frustrated by delays with their orders that things could be worse.

Last edited:
@mike9876
Not since ‘21’ surely??
Anyway, sympathies to you (even though you haven’t asked for it) - you have certainly been treated very badly. You must have the patience of a saint!

I ordered my MG ZS EV LR connect 17 Feb 22 it’s just arrived at the dealership that’s 15 days short of a year, just been sent a video of the car can’t wait to get it.
F85FDE99-E619-42A5-BEC3-ADF50C61C28E.jpeg
F85FDE99-E619-42A5-BEC3-ADF50C61C28E.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom