• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi all, I have been watching this forum for a while now listening to the woes of others and I thought I’d share my experience, in the hope it may make people feel better.
March 2021 ordered 2No. MG ZS TLR through my company’s salary sacrifice scheme, one for me and 1 for my wife. Told at the time estimated delivery was 20 weeks which matched what I was told independently by 3 dealers.
A week after ordering found that Zenith didn’t process the second order, so had to place another order. No biggies as delivery time remained the same. After not receiving confirmation of the order, I followed up and was told the order had not been placed for a 2nd time as their supplier had changed the price of the vehicle and they were in discussion about who was to incur this cost (told them it wasn’t me). Three weeks later (April 21) told the issue had been resolved and the order had been placed.
Again not having had confirmation of the order, I chased Zenith and having failed to get a response from them so called their supplier and advised that MG at the time had closed their doors to new orders and my car hadn’t been ordered. Then spent 3 weeks emailing and calling Zenith to discuss the issue, but they wouldn’t respond. Eventually after calling several times over two days and refusing to hang up while someone finished a meeting. It was confirmed the order had not been placed (May 21).
The order was then eventually placed at the start of June and I received confirmation that the order had been placed with a delivery date of April 23.
I then raised a complaint and after 4 weeks of investigation, it was concluded what I had told them in my complaint was correct, and in their response (July 2022) they advised the order placed in June had not actually been placed.
I have now spent over 7 months receiving monthly emails saying the estimated delivery date of the ordered vehicle has been pushed back (now May 2023) and arguing with Zenith to supply me with a similar vehicle to replace the second one not ordered.
To make matters worse during this time where my wife and I work has introduced a clean air zone and now have to pay this charge as our current vehicles don’t comply.
I’m not looking for sympathy, just highlighting to those frustrated by delays with their orders that things could be worse.
This is horrific. Sincere sympathies to you and I do hope this gets sorted out sooner that the current estimated delivery

I ordered my MG ZS EV LR connect 17 Feb 22 it’s just arrived at the dealership that’s 15 days short of a year, just been sent a video of the car can’t wait to get it.View attachment 14971View attachment 14971
Wow it looks fabulous! You have the same colour and configuration and pretty much same order date as mine. I’m hopeful mine wont be too long behind yours. I assume it does have the sunroof included?
All the very best with your new car

Yes it has the sun roof that was one of my worries the dealer phoned me this morning to confirm it has one, I was going to wait till the 1st March to collect it for the new reg number, but as I’m putting a private plate on so it makes no difference to me,
Its good to see MG still honouring all Troph/Sunroof orders pre June-22.
All the best with your new car

Collected mine today, strange shade of red, still as they say you can have any colour you want so long as it's........

Attachments

• IMG_20230203_120458969.jpg
    IMG_20230203_120458969.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20230203_145200717_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230203_145200717_HDR.jpg
    623.5 KB · Views: 148
Same spec same colour as mine , had delivery of mine 7th December ,
lovely car , I’ve posted several links to YouTube most helpful videos that helped me so much along my journey, they were uploaded by a New Zealand car dealer, his name is Jerry Pan CARS. , just type his name into YouTube. His latest video is titled 8 COMMON QUESTIONS /ISSUES customers ask me after owning. Wished I had watched his videos prior to my delivery. Enjoy the car.

Does anyone know if people who agreed leases say pre May/June 2022 are still receiving their orders?

I ordered Trophy SR on lease April 2022 with a 10k mile allowance. I've seen on this thread people are waiting a lot longer than the 9+ months I've waited currently but I don't receive very informative updates from either the leasing company or the dealership. I don't get much info when I attempt to speak with them either which I've tried enough times.

Originally it was expected Oct, then pushed back to Dec/Jan, but then brought forward to Dec before then going to TBA...?! It seemed really weird as why did they bring it forward only to then go TBA? I innocently asked them if my car had been given to somebody else which both parties have denied but then they haven't really given me a straight answer throughout the entire process.

The leasing company have given me my order number(s). It's actually 2 x order numbers as apparently the person who booked mine in double booked the same spec vehicle.. so I've been given 2 x 3000****** numbers which I can ask about if I find somewhere that can look into it for me...

I've emailed [email protected] a few times this week and also used the contact page on MG website to send a message but I haven't received a response from either. I've even emailed the blooming SAIC email from a google search lol.

Anyone who agreed a lease pre May/June 2022 and have received their MG ZS please let me know so to give me some hope. Having seen the latest email announcement from Vanarama to their customers it's really kicked the stuffing out of me.

I did secure the lease on a very good deal and it makes me question whether it will be honoured?Both the leasing company and the dealership have mentioned that the agreement should be honoured so I'm taking their word for it and I'm waiting until the end whatever happens.

I'll be absolutely devastated if I get f***** over by MG as it'll be a year of my life wasted having been hanging on, which I appreciate lots of you have been doing too. It is going to be my first car through my first business which I've worked so hard on so I saw it as a reward to myself which I very rarely do.

Here's to hoping.

Does anyone know if people who agreed leases say pre May/June 2022 are still receiving their orders?

I ordered Trophy SR on lease April 2022 with a 10k mile allowance. I've seen on this thread people are waiting a lot longer than the 9+ months I've waited currently but I don't receive very informative updates from either the leasing company or the dealership. I don't get much info when I attempt to speak with them either which I've tried enough times.

Originally it was expected Oct, then pushed back to Dec/Jan, but then brought forward to Dec before then going to TBA...?! It seemed really weird as why did they bring it forward only to then go TBA? I innocently asked them if my car had been given to somebody else which both parties have denied but then they haven't really given me a straight answer throughout the entire process.

The leasing company have given me my order number(s). It's actually 2 x order numbers as apparently the person who booked mine in double booked the same spec vehicle.. so I've been given 2 x 3000****** numbers which I can ask about if I find somewhere that can look into it for me...

I've emailed [email protected] a few times this week and also used the contact page on MG website to send a message but I haven't received a response from either. I've even emailed the blooming SAIC email from a google search lol.

Anyone who agreed a lease pre May/June 2022 and have received their MG ZS please let me know so to give me some hope. Having seen the latest email announcement from Vanarama to their customers it's really kicked the stuffing out of me.

I did secure the lease on a very good deal and it makes me question whether it will be honoured?Both the leasing company and the dealership have mentioned that the agreement should be honoured so I'm taking their word for it and I'm waiting until the end whatever happens.

I'll be absolutely devastated if I get f***** over by MG as it'll be a year of my life wasted having been hanging on, which I appreciate lots of you have been doing too. It is going to be my first car through my first business which I've worked so hard on so I saw it as a reward to myself which I very rarely do.

Here's to hoping.
There has been a few people on here that have received lease cars recently and I have met a couple of people at work who have also received their cars.

I ordered last March and it has been pushed back a few time to this March. The lease company order has recently changed to released from factory from awaiting build slot. So I live in hope. I ordered ZS EV LR TC in silver.

Here's to hoping.
I ordered my car via a lease February 2022 and I’m told by my dealer it is due to arrive mid February

My Trophy LR in silver was ordered in Feb'22 and arrived at the dealer just before Christmas (but it took until early-January to re-apply the agreed lease price and then a couple of weeks for a convenient delivery date).

Hi everyone, new to all this; I ordered a Trophy LR last March/ April and I'm still waiting on delivery. I feel like I'm pestering my dealer with the constant emails asking for an update but there's never any new information.
What's causing the massive issue with delivery's & the over all lack of communication from MG?
Dose anyone have an idea what will actually arrive? ¿Will my car still have the sunroof? ¿Will my car have the Trophy Connect features since that's now part of the Trophy level?
I'm hopeful (like everyone here) that I won't have long left to wait

Thanks

Hi everyone, new to all this; I ordered a Trophy LR last March/ April and I'm still waiting on delivery. I feel like I'm pestering my dealer with the constant emails asking for an update but there's never any new information.
What's causing the massive issue with delivery's & the over all lack of communication from MG?
Dose anyone have an idea what will actually arrive? ¿Will my car still have the sunroof? ¿Will my car have the Trophy Connect features since that's now part of the Trophy level?
I'm hopeful (like everyone here) that I won't have long left to wait

Thanks
I think from your order date you will get a Trophy Connect with Panoramic roof. The Non roof Trophy with Connect features applies to orders after July 1st 2022. Don’t forget of the 11,000 outstanding orders they are only going to make 5 or 6 thousand! Good luck.

I think from your order date you will get a Trophy Connect with Panoramic roof. The Non roof Trophy with Connect features applies to orders after July 1st 2022. Don’t forget of the 11,000 outstanding orders they are only going to make 5 or 6 thousand! Good luck.
Hopefully someone at MG will tell the ~5000 people who aren't getting their cars! The lack of communication is frustrating 😒

If the order was a Trophy (not connect) isn't that what you'll receive?
The change to trophy only with connect features and no sunroof applies to orders after July
I'm in the same position (March 2022 order) with mine expected in 2-3 weeks so would like to know in advance

If the order was a Trophy (not connect) isn't that what you'll receive?
The change to trophy only with connect features and no sunroof applies to orders after July
I'm in the same position (March 2022 order) with mine expected in 2-3 weeks so would like to know in advance
They don't offer the trophy connect separately anymore which is what was causing my confusion. Now they only offer the SE & Trophy with what used to be the trophy connect just all together in the trophy spec

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom