MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Ok, so after reading this thread and seeing the waiting times people are having, I decided to contact Octopus EV to see if their delivery time of May-July 2023 (ordered end of Nov 2022) was actually realistic and this is the response:

"MG have announced they have prioritised manufacture of their other models over the ZS, this means that any orders placed with us that have not already been matched to a vehicle will have to be cancelled, and unfortunately yours has not been matched. I am so sorry to bring you this news, and appreciate how disappointing this will be to hear. Although this car was initially meant to have a quicker lead time, due to MG being unable to meet the demand to produce the ZS, mainly due to parts that are needed to make the ZS that are difficult to source, they have not been able to follow through on the production.

Moving forward, there are some options we would like to offer you:

• We have secured a batch of MG4's, a model that MG are now prioritising the manufacturing of, that should be available for delivery for the end of Q1/beginning of Q2 2023.
  • Look at alternatives options, although they will be a fair bit more expensive.
  • Cancel your order: I know this news is disappointing, and completely understand if you’ve had enough. Just let me know and we’ll cancel your order
I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and thanks for your patience to date. Let me know if you’d like us to help with any of the options above: we’re here to help."

So back to the drawing board for me, I think the MG4 will be too small for what we need. It's really annoying because the ZSEV ticked all the boxes for size, range and price.

Ok, so after reading this thread and seeing the waiting times people are having, I decided to contact Octopus EV to see if their delivery time of May-July 2023 (ordered end of Nov 2022) was actually realistic and this is the response:

"MG have announced they have prioritised manufacture of their other models over the ZS, this means that any orders placed with us that have not already been matched to a vehicle will have to be cancelled, and unfortunately yours has not been matched. I am so sorry to bring you this news, and appreciate how disappointing this will be to hear. Although this car was initially meant to have a quicker lead time, due to MG being unable to meet the demand to produce the ZS, mainly due to parts that are needed to make the ZS that are difficult to source, they have not been able to follow through on the production.

Moving forward, there are some options we would like to offer you:

• We have secured a batch of MG4's, a model that MG are now prioritising the manufacturing of, that should be available for delivery for the end of Q1/beginning of Q2 2023.
  • Look at alternatives options, although they will be a fair bit more expensive.
  • Cancel your order: I know this news is disappointing, and completely understand if you’ve had enough. Just let me know and we’ll cancel your order
I'm so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and thanks for your patience to date. Let me know if you’d like us to help with any of the options above: we’re here to help."

So back to the drawing board for me, I think the MG4 will be too small for what we need. It's really annoying because the ZSEV ticked all the boxes for size, range and price.
I think available in June with a 10% discount

I think available in June with a 10% discount
Salary sacrifice was working out around £360 with all servicing, insurance, 4000 miles of free charge, no deposit etc. so going to be hard to find something to match.

The word disappointing doesn’t match how I would feel. I would be furious if that happened to me. People have put their trust into MG, ordered and waited. And waited……
Trying to get prospective customers to take the MG4 instead. Just why? It’s a totally different type of vehicle. It would a resounding NO from me!

I just got a call from my dealer today and my ZS TC LR has finally car has arrived with them yesterday. I collect my car March 1st new registration day. I originally placed my order last February 22. I will send some photos once I get it.
All those still waiting “please keep the faith“ because I guess my car arrived on Tarifa vehicle carrier and Progress Ace vehicle carrier arrives in Bristol tomorrow!

The word disappointing doesn’t match how I would feel. I would be furious if that happened to me. People have put their trust into MG, ordered and waited. And waited……
Trying to get prospective customers to take the MG4 instead. Just why? It’s a totally different type of vehicle. It would a resounding NO from me!
I replied to Octopus and they've been fairly helpful. I'm swapping to a Kia Niro EV3 which will cost more but they have been able to allocate me to cars either in stock or being delivered in March (depending on my colour choice) - possible cancellations and probably based on my annoyance and time wasted on the ZSEV. It should mean a delivery date in the next month or two rather than the previous unknown for the ZSEV (now unavailable) or the 6 months actually being quoted for the Kia on the website.

If you ordered a ZSEV and you haven't been matched to a specific car then check with your supplier/lease company/dealer to see if it will actually be able to be fulfulled, also Octopus did mention possible additional discounts from MG for switching to MG4s from ZSEVs so it's worth an ask about that if you've waited a while and been messed around.

The one thing I'll never understand is that SUVs and compact SUVs are massively popular so an affordable electric one was always going to be a hit. MG did this and everyone rushed to get them, but instead of increasing production or putting up prices slightly they just stopped making it all together - losing 1000s of customers (if the 11,000 orders, 6,000 available is correct).

And finally, what I would say is that this is very good forum with a lot of information and very helpful people - I now have a massive amount of useless knowledge on the ZSEV from reading the forum that I'll never be able to use! I'm hoping I can find a decent forum like this for the Kia.

Anyway, I hope you all get the car you're waiting for!

I just got a call from my dealer today and my ZS TC LR has finally car has arrived with them yesterday. I collect my car March 1st new registration day. I originally placed my order last February 22. I will send some photos once I get it.
All those still waiting “please keep the faith“ because I guess my car arrived on Tarifa vehicle carrier and Progress Ace vehicle carrier arrives in Bristol tomorrow!
It's so hard to keep faith, I too ordered a LR TC Feb 16th 22 and I have still not been given an update😔

Last edited:
I replied to Octopus and they've been fairly helpful. I'm swapping to a Kia Niro EV3 which will cost more but they have been able to allocate me to cars either in stock or being delivered in March (depending on my colour choice) - possible cancellations and probably based on my annoyance and time wasted on the ZSEV. It should mean a delivery date in the next month or two rather than the previous unknown for the ZSEV (now unavailable) or the 6 months actually being quoted for the Kia on the website.

If you ordered a ZSEV and you haven't been matched to a specific car then check with your supplier/lease company/dealer to see if it will actually be able to be fulfulled, also Octopus did mention possible additional discounts from MG for switching to MG4s from ZSEVs so it's worth an ask about that if you've waited a while and been messed around.

The one thing I'll never understand is that SUVs and compact SUVs are massively popular so an affordable electric one was always going to be a hit. MG did this and everyone rushed to get them, but instead of increasing production or putting up prices slightly they just stopped making it all together - losing 1000s of customers (if the 11,000 orders, 6,000 available is correct).

And finally, what I would say is that this is very good forum with a lot of information and very helpful people - I now have a massive amount of useless knowledge on the ZSEV from reading the forum that I'll never be able to use! I'm hoping I can find a decent forum like this for the Kia.

Anyway, I hope you all get the car you're waiting for!
Speak EV is a really good forum. I came here from the Kona forum.

Try this one. Kia Niro

It's so hard to keep faith, I too a LR TC Feb 16th 22 and I have still not been given an update😔
Fingers crossed ”Progress Ace” vehicle carrier now just about arrived in Bristol will have a lot of MG’s on it. It did spend quite some time in Shanghai as I recall, so hopefully it loaded up yours and many others MG cars. 🤞

The NCAP people tested the base model (they had to buy the test car), which didn't have all the bells and whistles required. Renault also changed the side airbags to torso, from head and torso, justifying it by saying that in their research, from real life accidents, they didn't have one side impact accident involving a pole!)

I've no doubt that most cars designed in 2012 would fare badly in current NCAP tests, as they introduce more "safety" gimics every year.
Agree.

I think the Zoe is still a solid choice of you can get it for a cheaper monthly than a base spec ZS. Particularly if you don't need the extra luggage capacity.

I finally picked up my car (MG ZS EV Trophy LR) earlier this week. I ordered at the end of March 22 so about 10.5 months wait; certainly a bit longer than the 3 month wait I was originally told to expect.

My initial thoughts are:

1. The seats are comfortable (really important),

2. The ride is quite soft (which is fine), almost like a typical American car,

3. The cold weather really kills the range (it is predicting not much over 200 miles off a full charge at the moment at about zero centigrade, I have set the battery heater to come on tomorrow, so I’ll see whether that improves it),

4. There are a few niggles around the settings (satnav, etc.) which I have managed to sort out myself with the aid of some of the comments on here and YouTube.

5. The regenerative braking takes a bit of getting used to (especially as it only comes down when the battery charge drops below about 95%) as do the cruise control, lane assist and various buttons and switches (just different to our other car) but all in all, it is an enjoyable driving experience.

6. Finally, it doesn’t have the typical “new car smell”. Perhaps that is to do with the artificial leather or the type of filters they use in the aircon system…?
I put number 6 mostly down to the fact that these cars seem to be sitting a significant amount of time China-side before they are shipped (part shortage?) where the plastics have time to off-gas the worst of it. Check the condition of your warranty sticker in your rear window...

The shipping is only part of the job, registering and getting car to dealer seems to be quite high on the getting a car process.

So I have just been in touch with the dealer who should be supplying my MG4, his response does fill me with trepidation as he said that the MG tracking/registering dealers software update completion has been delayed. How amazing that MG cannot seem to get this together and get a grip.

There is no update on when the system will be up and running, what a shambles MG are and the dealers are just trying to manage expectations being left in the dark.

Been waiting since Sept 22!!!!!

The shipping is only part of the job, registering and getting car to dealer seems to be quite high on the getting a car process.

So I have just been in touch with the dealer who should be supplying my MG4, his response does fill me with trepidation as he said that the MG tracking/registering dealers software update completion has been delayed. How amazing that MG cannot seem to get this together and get a grip.

There is no update on when the system will be up and running, what a shambles MG are and the dealers are just trying to manage expectations being left in the dark.

Been waiting since Sept 22!!!!!
My dealer told me the same about the system. It should have taken 2 weeks but we are now in week 3 and the update will go on for another week

Last edited:
I was supposed to collect our car on Tuesday but got call on Monday to say the registration system was down but hopefully by the end of the week it will be sorted only to be told today that I won't receive car till March now. Ordered 9/01/22. So frustrating.

I was supposed to collect our car on Tuesday but got call on Monday to say the registration system was down but hopefully by the end of the week it will be sorted only to be told today that I won't receive car till March now. Ordered 9/01/22. So frustrating.
Same for me but no new delivery date yet.
Only taking the EV for the saving in company car tax, no way would I be buying an EV or MG with my own cash

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom