MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

RGW leasing find you a car in 108 days!
Novuna leasing and Holdcroft MG have no idea when mine is coming after waiting 12 months
It's frustrating I have order with novuna through a salary sacrifice scheme

Holdcroft Cheshire oaks have a (red does look orange) lr trophy on their website have had it over a week and they wouldn't swap the blue I had ordered for that.

Given the excuse that dealership wouldn't transfer it to the fleet dept which I think is a cop out the company gets money either way.

Novuna suggested going to tesla instead.

Although I think mg are at fault it's not just them cars are sitting at docks either in China or here for a long time with no updates.

Holdcroft Cheshire oaks have a (red does look orange) lr trophy on their website have had it over a week and they wouldn't swap the blue I had ordered for that.

Given the excuse that dealership wouldn't transfer it to the fleet dept which I think is a cop out the company gets money either way.

Although I think mg are at fault it's not just them cars are sitting at docks either in China or here for a long time with no updates.
MG Cheshire Oaks is fairly close and had a red ZS Gen2 in the corner of their show room for weeks and weeks and weeks last year !.
The sales person told me that they could have sold it 100 times over, but the sales manger refused to let it go !.
Then suddenly, when the price of EV’s reached their peak, it just disappeared !.
Somebody must have been willing enough to let it go !.

MG Cheshire Oaks is fairly close and had a red ZS Gen2 in the corner of their show room for weeks and weeks and weeks last year !.
The sales person told me that they could have sold it 100 times over, but the sales manger refused to let it go !.
Then suddenly, when the price of EV’s reached their peak, it just disappeared !.
Somebody must have been willing enough to let it go !.
Yea is poor model sales model and prioritise of builds in general you have different dealers with cars to spare while people with orders are waiting

my biggest issue is going to be the cost when they produce the car if ever, may is the new expected delivery.

But colleague went to order same car and its nearly 200 more per month than what agreed, was actually better to go with tesla now he ordered it 6 weeks ago and picked up yesterday.

I suspect they will try bump price up when if I ever do get it.

I

Yea is poor model sales model and prioritise of builds in general you have different dealers with cars to spare while people with orders are waiting

my biggest issue is going to be the cost when they produce the car if ever, may is the new expected delivery.

But colleague went to order same car and its nearly 200 more per month than what agreed, was actually better to go with tesla now he ordered it 6 weeks ago and picked up yesterday.

I suspect they will try bump price up when if I ever do get it.

I
When Tesla reduced the price of the model 3 and the model Y about 2 months ago, this refocused a LOT of people attention away from what they MAY have had already on order !.
It was a dirty trick by Tesla to announce this huge reduction in the price, for customers who had only collected their cars just before Xmas !.
But it was more far reaching than that, as it sent shock waves through the EV car market.
It brought the model 3 model much closer to the price of some of the other cheaper EV competitors.
Is it a good time to buy a model then 3 ??.
I would say yes, it probably is !.

Our Red one arrived on Thursday so we've collected it today!

Driven over 100 miles to visit family already, glad to have finally collected both after waiting so long.

PXL_20230325_172931343~2.jpg

PXL_20230325_132751769.jpg

Sporting a new Zappi on the wall to go with it as well !.
Looking like a very clean install, no evidence of a supply cable, rear entry straight into the Zappi.
Both very NICE !.

So, contacted the dealer 2 weeks ago, still no sign of the White LR I ordered in Nov 2021 via Tusker.

Dealer had a look around and found a black one at Portsmouth, it's being delivered on Wednesday!

Was told 11000 were ordered in the uk and 6000 were made.

Feel very lucky right now.
Welcome to team black and enjoy the car

Bought this one last week - the dealer had one available from a cancellation - jumped on it.
In the EU there are only 4 versions available. Standard and Luxury - both in the 2 battery configurations.
This is the luxury LR.
I feel lucky.

Attachments

• A76898B1-B2EE-4BD9-ABEF-230913353629.jpeg
    A76898B1-B2EE-4BD9-ABEF-230913353629.jpeg
    420.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 297383C6-2AEE-4CAD-8854-1D9114F30FF4.jpeg
    297383C6-2AEE-4CAD-8854-1D9114F30FF4.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 91F9B303-CD8D-4838-8C3A-A29BD2B0872F.jpeg
    91F9B303-CD8D-4838-8C3A-A29BD2B0872F.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So, contacted the dealer 2 weeks ago, still no sign of the White LR I ordered in Nov 2021 via Tusker.

Dealer had a look around and found a black one at Portsmouth, it's being delivered on Wednesday!

Was told 11000 were ordered in the uk and 6000 were made.

Feel very lucky right now.
Obviously Novuna cba to look around for a spare one for me

I had an argument with the fleet company before Christmas about this exact same scenario. The problem is that fleet companies will have negotiated a discount so selling it retail equals £35k, fleet will be nearer £33k

Sporting a new Zappi on the wall to go with it as well !.
Looking like a very clean install, no evidence of a supply cable, rear entry straight into the Zappi.
Both very NICE !.
Yes, that's our second one. We managed to get it installed before the grant ran out. I'm quite particular about cables being on the outside so we've managed to hide everything along the way with the renovation work we had to do to the house.

The cable actually pops out at low level the other side of the door, runs underground and then behind the rendering for rear entry :)

Happy with the end result getting a really clean finish.

I had an argument with the fleet company before Christmas about this exact same scenario. The problem is that fleet companies will have negotiated a discount so selling it retail equals £35k, fleet will be nearer £33k
Yea is where they make the money and generally bump monthly up a bit and if through salary sacrifice schemes we really don't mind so much due to the 0 deposit then reduction in tax/ni

So frustrating is where novuna should be more proactive though to an extent.

I've tried to even get them to do short term lease as my current car is just getting problem after problem.

It looks like we'll no longer be joining the MG gang, our order placed in March is still nowhere to be seen so managed to get a Tesla 3 RWD today with a 10% discount (38k).

I really did like the MG but at that price its a lot more car for a small increase. Really impressed with the test drive today, picking it up next week.

It looks like we'll no longer be joining the MG gang, our order placed in March is still nowhere to be seen so managed to get a Tesla 3 RWD today with a 10% discount (38k).

I really did like the MG but at that price its a lot more car for a small increase. Really impressed with the test drive today, picking it up next week.
New or secondhand?

New, check on the existing inventory section on their website. £38k for model 3 RWD Vs £35k for MG ZS EV. No brainer. Going fast though, was three available in Cardiff but by the time I got there all had gone but will pick up from Bristol instead. Others available all around the UK though.

These were going for £48k I believe not so long ago but the price decrease earlier this month plus this discount is pretty much a £10k saving.

New, check on the existing inventory section on their website. £38k for model 3 RWD Vs £35k for MG ZS EV. No brainer. Going fast though, was three available in Cardiff but by the time I got there all had gone but will pick up from Bristol instead. Others available all around the UK though.

These were going for £48k I believe not so long ago but the price decrease earlier this month plus this discount is pretty much a £10k saving.
Have a look at the Trafford Centre in Manchester as there is a HUGE Tesla station based there on the car park there !.

If I was still waiting for Moby, at that price I’d gloss over my opinion on M*sk (and Teslas in general), tell MG to get stuffed & get my chequebook out, completely understandable.

We just turned down our 3rd TC. We ordered Red in March '22. We were offered Black a few weeks ago (looks like an undertaker's car) then today a Blue TC and another Black.
On the "infinity" scheme as it turns out, you get Red for no extra cost, so no deal with us with no finance or PX. We continue to play MG pontoon, Red or bust. In our case Red or Kia, depending on when the 6000 order limit kicks in.

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
We ordered ours in January 22 and received it two weeks ago. The dealer told us they are not taking orders for the ZS at the moment to try and clear the backlog. Good luck!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom