MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I wonder how many ZS's with sky roof were actually made? Maybe when we come to sell, we could call them a limited edition and ask for more money. :)
This has been mentioned before in other posts and I totally agree.
As soon as it was announced that the full pano electric sun roof was to be dropped from the ZS EV for new orders taken after June ( I think it was ) this year, then almost instantly I though that anybody who really wants a sun roof in ZS EV Gen 2, will have to start searching around for one of the last models produced with this included.
It's totally a personal choice thing of course, but always found that the extra light entering the cabin via the sun roof, gives the cabin a great feeling of more space.
It gives the feeling of a bigger model some how ?.
Strangely enough, it was the very first thing that my grand children remarked on, when they first entered the car, then quick followed by how silent it was.
They love travelling in the car when it is dark, they like watching the stars in the sky through the roof.

The worst happened my nissan transmission oil cooler went boom the reason we ordered a new car last year as juke was turning into a drain.

Now to argue about warranty for cvt transmission pipes and a it should be 5 years to avoid paying the 994 they want to replace it.

Then it's decision time around either ditching the mg order for one in stock or not.

Frustrating

The pan roof was certainly one of the things that drew me to the ZS. When I get in cars with black headlining, it feels so claustrophobic in comparison.

A definite bonus if it makes the car more sought after and valuable in the future.
Offers invited for Moby in 2026 (once I’ve bought him off the leasing firm)

We just turned down our 3rd TC. We ordered Red in March '22. We were offered Black a few weeks ago (looks like an undertaker's car) then today a Blue TC and another Black.
On the "infinity" scheme as it turns out, you get Red for no extra cost, so no deal with us with no finance or PX. We continue to play MG pontoon, Red or bust. In our case Red or Kia, depending on when the 6000 order limit kicks in.
Where is your dealer finding these spare cars from

I'll be honest, we've had no real communication from Panda Swansea. Called them yesterday to cancel my order (Black LR Trophy) and yet again the person who deals with that is not in until Thursday which is the same I've had every time I've called in the past - apparently no-one else can use a computer. They don't return calls either.

Offers invited for Moby in 2026 (once I’ve bought him off the leasing firm)
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
VWFS sold our cars directly to BCA who then offered us a settlement figure on our leased SEAT Leons that was practically retail price and we were 20-30k miles under our lease rates thanks to Covid, Mat leave and a job change for me.
Ford didn't even offer us a settlement figure. Years ago Lombard would only sell a leased car to a third party although that was basically a fire sale as they were leaving the leasing sector.

I've spoken to the dealer on Friday just gone and I just said now I have a situation where I can wait what is thr actually outcome of me getting an zs they was honest and said no short range cars have moved and it looks completely dead in the water.

So I'll be sticking with my mg5 for a few years till everything fully goes back to some normality

Where is your dealer finding these spare cars from
The cars are cancellations I believe. There is no point in broadcasting their name as the list of outstanding orders is long at this dealer and they will have gone to other waiting customers by now. At least they are giving us waiters first dibs on the cancellations and have been fair about things with regular updates for the past year.
I live in Gloucester if that gives a clue.

I actually said if it turns up red but without the pan roof then there will be another cancellation from us. My missus does the driving and she has her eye on the BYD and the glass roof.
So time is marching on in the EV world as is our rapidly ageing new car.
BYD and salt based battery will kick in soon and then the ZS will feel like a an old knacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't get your hopes up.
VWFS sold our cars directly to BCA who then offered us a settlement figure on our leased SEAT Leons that was practically retail price and we were 20-30k miles under our lease rates thanks to Covid, Mat leave and a job change for me.
Ford didn't even offer us a settlement figure. Years ago Lombard would only sell a leased car to a third party although that was basically a fire sale as they were leaving the leasing sector.
Im not going to get too emotional about it- by the time my lease ends he’ll have done circa 100k…

The
Im not going to get too emotional about it- by the time my lease ends he’ll have done circa 100k…
The unpredictability of being able to buy your car is annoying. I bought my first lease car off of Lombard via my cousin purchasing it first in 2010 as being in the construction industry things were still iffy so didn't want to get another lease.
Then I rather fell for my Focus ST in 2014 but wasn't able to buy it. Similar with our Leons but they offered us a silly price to buy.

In case anyone thinks bulk buying gets you special treatment we had ten plus ZS's arrive this week for company car drivers and they were ordered in early February last year! Not the worst on here by a long shot but not exactly speedy service.

The

The unpredictability of being able to buy your car is annoying. I bought my first lease car off of Lombard via my cousin purchasing it first in 2010 as being in the construction industry things were still iffy so didn't want to get another lease.
Then I rather fell for my Focus ST in 2014 but wasn't able to buy it. Similar with our Leons but they offered us a silly price to buy.

In case anyone thinks bulk buying gets you special treatment we had ten plus ZS's arrive this week for company car drivers and they were ordered in early February last year! Not the worst on here by a long shot but not exactly speedy service.
The right to buy it (or not) is probably in my contract. Currently undecided, probably depends on what’s available when the time comes.

Agree with you on the bulk buy thing- part of the reason I took the deal I’ve got was thinking that Alphabet would have some clout, but given I had to wait almost five months longer than I was told obviously not!

13 months and still waiting here in Ireland. MG Ireland have any information. There are 8 zs ev's coming here in May they told me, and Im not one of the 8. They said it could be next year!

13 months and still waiting here in Ireland. MG Ireland have any information. There are 8 zs ev's coming here in May they told me, and Im not one of the 8. They said it could be next year!
That is shocking! Surely you ought to be one of the 8! I don’t suppose they told you if the lucky 8 have waited longer than you?

That is shocking! Surely you ought to be one of the 8! I don’t suppose they told you if the lucky 8 have waited longer than you?
Yes its shocking and unacceptable. No they said they dont know when they ordered that they just get notification of cars coming with a name beside them

Yes its shocking and unacceptable. No they said they dont know when they ordered that they just get notification of cars coming with a name beside them
Yeah this is typical and I think you will see in previous posts that an average wait time is approx 12 months although some have waited longer, but for reasons that are not known some waited less than 1 year and received the car spec and colour they ordered. Some also managed to secure a cancellation albeit a different colour. 🤞 your car arrives soon I know 12 months was long enough for me to wait for mine.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom