MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

we ordered our ZS exclusive in early Jan from MG glasgow, after chasing them yesterday they said we would have an update on delivery today, my mother also order the same car from the same dealer in December and still waiting for an update, we were told between march-june in feb.
Been waiting since November the 1st for my mgzs and I know someone on forum have been waiting since August. Think mg are just building patch of cars not customers car so it's pot luck if your car arrives good luck

Still no news at our end, I wonder when we will get an update? I feel the dealers should have gave us a heads up rather than saying you will be collecting your car on 20th March when we ordered it. We ordered the car on that basis and as its larger for new born due next month.

Bored Richard Hammond GIF by DriveTribe

Brb Waiting GIF by 505 Games

I dont think its really surprising that transparency might be lacking from a chinese state owned company , different culture in terms of attitude to consumers so the dealers are probably genuinely in the dark
It's not a chinese company problem, its not an MG problem its a car manufacturing Industry problem or indeed any industry that has to buy microchips, or ship product around the world.....

1647347376622.png

Seems to be across the entire range as well. I ordered a petrol variant on 29th October (Excite 1.0 Automatic) and have been delayed until end of May/June. Frustrated to say the least.

Got a call from Vanarama today. Was told 2 weeks ago that it had slipped to September (original delivery date was mid-March) having ordered in November. They're now saying between July and September, so that's a little more positive.
I was offered to switch to a different car - Mokka, C4 or DS3, all would be more expensive than the offer I got when I ordered. So I think I'll just wait.... 🥴
He also said that there are some parts which were being made in Ukraine, so that won't have helped with the schedule.

I have spoken to my MG dealer today and he advised the worst date would be 15th July for my LR Trophy Connect. Moved from 18th April.

Spoke to mabager at dealers today as I was told over a month ago my mgzs was at dock waiting to board a vessel. Asked if this was true as was fed up of hearing different things. Did say it isn't a lie they have built it just waiting on semiconductors. 🤣🤣 yet was told by sales person never know what's coming until it arrives I'm not blaming the dealers but just tell the honest truth you aint got a clue so just sit here twiggling my thumbs and WAIT !!!!

Spoke to mabager at dealers today as I was told over a month ago my mgzs was at dock waiting to board a vessel. Asked if this was true as was fed up of hearing different things. Did say it isn't a lie they have built it just waiting on semiconductors. 🤣🤣 yet was told by sales person never know what's coming until it arrives I'm not blaming the dealers but just tell the honest truth you aint got a clue so just sit here twiggling my thumbs and WAIT !!!!
Well, it probably isn't a lie its just being economical with the truth. Which is that they, in all probability, have all the Zs Lrs ready to ship sitting on the docks waiting for semi-conductors yours, mine, and every one else's just that none have been allocated to specific customers because they don't do that as they batch build.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom