MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I am waiting for a LR SE ordered from Chorley on 5th November. Like everyone I have been eagerly looking at the shipping updates hoping my car was on one of the boats.
Well, according to @enjoylife Chorley sold his car to someone else who ordered after him. Everything is messy at the moment. Dealers know people who ordered before the grant cutoff are basically trapped, and given the complete lack of transparency from MG UK themselves, it won't be pleasant.

If my dealer decides to pull that crap, I will instantly cancel, grants be damned.

Well I finally have her. And yes their customer service was still dismal. Thank god they had a petrol station next door because I don't think fumes even cover it 😅

Attachments

• 20220328_123655.jpg
    20220328_123655.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 163
After ordering at end of November & being quoted March/April for collection. If no sign by the start of May I might move on to look at the Megane e-tech or revised e-Niro for a late 2022/start of 2023 delivery.

Hi all, new to this forum. I orders my MG ZS EV long range trophy on the 8th December in the north east was told by dealer end of March. I did email them in Feb because Mot/Service was due and really didn’t want the extra cost against old car, but got a curt reply telling me “when they know you’ll no” and not heard anything since. Bit disappointed with the customer care from them and the tone of their email but not a lot more I can do apart from cancel. Has anyone else had this problem with lack of communication?

Hi all, new to this forum. I orders my MG ZS EV long range trophy on the 8th December in the north east was told by dealer end of March. I did email them in Feb because Mot/Service was due and really didn’t want the extra cost against old car, but got a curt reply telling me “when they know you’ll no” and not heard anything since. Bit disappointed with the customer care from them and the tone of their email but not a lot more I can do apart from cancel. Has anyone else had this problem with lack of communication?
If you read through the thread you will get the idea. It's not necessarily bad communication its just that they don't really know. Keep 😃

After ordering at end of November & being quoted March/April for collection. If no sign by the start of May I might move on to look at the Megane e-tech or revised e-Niro for a late 2022/start of 2023 delivery.
If you are prepared to wait until start of 2023 for a megane e-tech which will no doubt be more expensive and less equipped than the MG, why not just wait for your MG?

I don't understand this mentality...

"MG haven't delivered when they say they did so I'm going to cancel this one and wait even longer for another car which may end up going the same way"

All manufacturers of E vehicles are struggling at the moment. I know someone who recently ordered a new Audi Q4 e-tron back in Febrauary, their estimated build date is Q4 2023!

If you are prepared to wait until start of 2023 for a megane e-tech which will no doubt be more expensive and less equipped than the MG, why not just wait for your MG?

I don't understand this mentality...

"MG haven't delivered when they say they did so I'm going to cancel this one and wait even longer for another car which may end up going the same way"

All manufacturers of E vehicles are struggling at the moment. I know someone who recently ordered a new Audi Q4 e-tron back in Febrauary, their estimated build date is Q4 2023!
totally agree

I have been reading this thread since ordering Black Trophy ZS LR back in Nov 21 with a promised March Delivery. One common thing is that dealers do not initiate any contact with customers and when we make contact they express their desperation in having no positive information. At my last contact I was advised that there didn't apear to be any schedule to build any ZS EV's. I now see a few lucky soles seam to be collecting their pride and joy, from this I believe there must be a number of cars built and awaiting parts ( i.e. Chips) and shipping. Dealers probably don't know anything until the transporter arrives. There are 3 vehicle Carriers ariving Bristol in the next 2 weeks so lets keep our fingers crossed.
One other concern I have is how do the batteries cope with long storage, certainly the 12 volt Lead acid cells do not like being left in low state of charge. Could this also account for some of the issues that are being seen.

I can also see that there are none (or very few) LR Connects coming through. I guess this is in line with them needing additional chips. Not a concern for some however a worry for us @Connects.

Ordered my Black LR Connect last November but not a dicky bird from the dealer in S.W Wales.

I would say it's pretty impossible to tell what colour/variants of car have come through unless someone physically sees the lot down at Bristol, I would be surprised out of all the cars they are sending over that they are of one particular colour/model type.

I am fooling myself into thinking that now the new factory is producing new chips they will be more advanced than the old ones 🤔But then I have always been optimistic 🤞

I have contemplated cancelling my order on several occasions but it is no skin of the dealers or MGs nose as there will be several waiting to take my spot. As I booked a white trophy lr in nov, pre grant cut off with Chorley, they have me by the short and curlies. Cancelling means nothing unless there is a mass cancellation, hitting MG where it hurts.
I will certainly not be recommending MG to anyone as the are treating their customers as mushrooms (kept in dark and fed on sh!t). I am totally fed up.
To be fair the dealers can only pass on what they are told. However, if there is queue jumping then they lay themselves open to litigation.

Hi I have just heard from my dealership, who is a member of the Chorley group .
My car which was ordered in October is still saying May/June however he did say they have received a trickle of new cars but he is hoping it will turn into a more steady stream, so some of you may be lucky if you are waiting for a car from the Chorley group

Screenshot_20220328-173536_Email.jpg
please read attachment contacted mg motors uk and this is the e mail I recieved of them. Let me know what you think ordered mgzs 1.5 exclusive not a EV. On the 1st November and dealer still cannot give me any idea when it will arrive when ordered told march but they not even giving me an approx month know. Where I have notice people on here are given a rough month. I know its not a E is there anyone ordered a petrol at all. Thank you for reading.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom