MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

View attachment 7651 please read attachment contacted mg motors uk and this is the e mail I recieved of them. Let me know what you think ordered mgzs 1.5 exclusive not a EV. On the 1st November and dealer still cannot give me any idea when it will arrive when ordered told march but they not even giving me an approx month know. Where I have notice people on here are given a rough month. I know its not a E is there anyone ordered a petrol at all. Thank you for reading.
Me too I ordered Petrol Mg ZS Exclusive on the 28th October, since then it has consistently been pushed back.
The original date was January 22 now it's May/June but not holding my breath.
What is interesting is what they say in the document when they say dealership has access to the central order system, most of us on this forum have had some bull regarding the order system and access to it well good luck and I hope your car comes soon🤞

Good job I bought my current car outright, I'm just carrying on with it until the MG eventually arrives. I've MOT'd it, renewed the manufacturers warranty, and put two new tyres on the front - it will be a good buy for somebody later in the year!

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Yep! I think we all have. The dealers seem as frustrated as we are (except for the ones who see an opportunity to gazump)
Yeah I get that, my husband has just took delivery of a car he ordered last April but he was told at the time it would be at least 10 months, just need dealers to be more honest I think

Me too I ordered Petrol Mg ZS Exclusive on the 28th October, since then it has consistently been pushed back.
What is interesting is what they say in the document when they say dealership has access to the central order system, most of us on this forum have had some bull regarding the order system and access to it well good luck and I hope your car comes soon🤞
I agree yet my dealership saying don't know anything I haven't even been given a date and always me who has to contact them. Was told they don't know anything until it lands at portbury docks which I know don't believe also mine being on mobility not helping as can probably make more money selling to cash or finance buyers. One person on here saw the car he ordered in the dealership but they had sold to someone else told him hes was still being built to me if 1 comes in should be for the next person on the list but looks like dearlerships are just giving them to anyone disgusting

View attachment 7651 please read attachment contacted mg motors uk and this is the e mail I recieved of them. Let me know what you think ordered mgzs 1.5 exclusive not a EV. On the 1st November and dealer still cannot give me any idea when it will arrive when ordered told march but they not even giving me an approx month know. Where I have notice people on here are given a rough month. I know its not a E is there anyone ordered a petrol at all. Thank you for reading.
Thank you very much for this. I take from this that there is at least a four month wait for the most popular models. We should all be pushing our dealerships to provide an update as to what the ordering system is showing post 4 months from ordering.

I have contemplated cancelling my order on several occasions but it is no skin of the dealers or MGs nose as there will be several waiting to take my spot. As I booked a white trophy lr in nov, pre grant cut off with Chorley, they have me by the short and curlies. Cancelling means nothing unless there is a mass cancellation, hitting MG where it hurts.
Unfortunately for us, this is a game where we will always lose. When the chip shortage is no longer a concern, the market will be flushed with cars. I'm talking few-year-old Model 3, ID-4s and the like, which will be much more attractive price wise. If you suck up and pay a premium for the car now, you'll see depreciation pushing the car's price off the cliff. If you wait, you will not get any car because dealership will priotise new customers who are not locked in with the grant.

This is the problem of the seller's market that we're in, it's no different from buying a house where you can get gazumped with no consequences for the responsible party. Mass cancellation will not happen unless the Cost of Living crisis hits very hard, in such case we'll all have to deal with much bigger problems.

"MG haven't delivered when they say they did so I'm going to cancel this one and wait even longer for another car which may end up going the same way"
It's more like: The dealership is too slimey so I'd rather pay more and wait than give them a single penny. People do things out of spite all the time, not everyone is a homo economicus.

I agree yet my dealership saying don't know anything I haven't even been given a date and always me who has to contact them. Was told they don't know anything until it lands at portbury docks which I know don't believe also mine being on mobility not helping as can probably make more money selling to cash or finance buyers. One person on here saw the car he ordered in the dealership but they had sold to someone else told him hes was still being built to me if 1 comes in should be for the next person on the list but looks like dearlerships are just giving them to anyone disgusting
I'm also told that by my dealer - they don't know what is allocated until it's in the country.

Just heard from my MG dealership for my MG ZS Exicite ordered on January end, They told me my car is now in ship from china and should arrive UK ports by end of April. Hence mid-May delivery(as initially promised) still looks good. Hopefully this ship has got your cars as well.

EV or ICE, and if ICE what colour, was it an Auto?
Just heard from my MG dealership for my MG ZS Exicite ordered on January end, They told me my car is now in ship from china and should arrive UK ports by end of April. Hence mid-May delivery(as initially promised) still looks good. Hopefully this ship has got your cars as well.

That would probably be the IGUAZU HIGHWAY then, due in port 22nd April.

Just been the dealership, asked about the car, should be here end of this month, pushed back to May, but hopefully sooner, he told me, he was as pissed off as everyone else, no car, no bonus, said MG uk isn’t too bad and will tell the dealers what they know, which isn’t a lot, the trouble is with MG China, who tells them nothing at all, they don’t know if it’s built, on the ship, at the dock, forget how many new dealerships he said had opened in the uk, new dealerships need cars and aren’t getting them, he said he could sell 4 times the cars, if he could just get hold of them, another thing is people are seeing what you get for the price, also selling well in the Far East..India, Oz and China itself…also the chip issue, said most people think it’s one or two chips, it’s not an MG has about 3k chips in them, the more the car can do the more chips it needs..hope this gives you a bit of an insight to what seems to be happening…

Last edited:
we ordered a MG zs exclusive silver auto early Jan, we had a call saying are care was ready last week, however, they ordered a manual. we complained as my wife is due to have our baby in under 4 weeks and didn't want to wait or go find another car for more money. They have told us they can give us a black car w/c 25th April (Which I'm fine with), our due date 24th April. lets hope they don't come back and say June/July like they recommended us to wait because of their mistake. Also, my mam ordered the same model in orange in December and has been told it will be June/July.

Our latest is: MG ZS EV LR Black, ordered 27/11/22

They’ve “found out this morning” that the next 1,000+ cars are going to be delivered in 7-8 weeks. They have no idea if our car will be on part of that, could be later. Also there is an issue with the black paint for the cars, because of the war in Ukraine. 🤨

Our latest is: MG ZS EV LR Black, ordered 27/11/22

They’ve “found out this morning” that the next 1,000+ cars are going to be delivered in 7-8 weeks. They have no idea if our car will be on part of that, could be later. Also there is an issue with the black paint for the cars, because of the war in Ukraine. 🤨

What is 1000 cars in the grand scheme of annual deliveries?

Yesterday I was out for a run and a car carrier with about 8/9 MG ZSs pulled up beside me with a range of colours on.

On closer look it was petrol models - but at least it means they're still on the move!

Hopefully that helps somebody, but not likely to be many in this forum.

What is 1000 cars in the grand scheme of annual deliveries?
Doods they say they know absolutely nothing, then they know how many cars are arriving in the next 7-8 Weeks lol.
They know nothing until the ships arrive and are offloaded. That is a given, MG UK then allocate the deliveries to their 120 dealers in the UK. That's how it works everything else is BS.
The cars are built awaiting the semiconductors in China, when they are fitted they ship them. That's it they arrive when they arrive. What the dealers do with them and how they sell them is a whole different issue. But if I find that someone has been given a priority over my order, which I don't think for one minute will happen, but if it did they will rue the day. As of the 1st April my contractual delivery date. Any time after that is my goodwill and patience. Technically after that date they are in breach of contract. So if I find out they are not delivering according to order date, I would have no hesitation in pursuing a legal claim against them. I don't think for one minute that will be the case as the dealers are as frustrated as we are. That is all dealers not just MG who tbh are making deliveries in the time frames they are advising.

Yesterday I was out for a run and a car carrier with about 8/9 MG ZSs pulled up beside me with a range of colours on.

On closer look it was petrol models - but at least it means they're still on the move!

My zs exclusive gets registered Thursday should be ready for weekend it's been along 8 months but we are nearly there,apparently it was on the viking adventure which I belive left portbury 2 weeks ago 🎊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom