MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Call from dealer yesterday - as stated on my order form the car had an estimated time of delivery for the 31/3/22 so I emailed and asked for an update. Got a call yesterday from dealer saying he would never have told me March because in December they knew there would be no cars into this country until June/July. You can imagine my reply.

So if no cars coming into country before June we can all stop speculating 🤔 - maybe!!!

Call from dealer yesterday - as stated on my order form the car had an estimated time of delivery for the 31/3/22 so I emailed and asked for an update. Got a call yesterday from dealer saying he would never have told me March because in December they knew there would be no cars into this country until June/July. You can imagine my reply.

So if no cars coming into country before June we can all stop speculating 🤔 - maybe!!!
You mean to say…he didn’t say “it wouldn’t be here till June, but it maybe earlier“ I was told March as well, now told May (or earlier) but have a feeling it’ll be June.

Yesterday was Month 5 of waiting. Placed an order for an ICE (the dark side) Excite Auto in White on the 29.10.21. Dealer believes it to be a late May/June delivery. Only took 6 months to build the house I live in! 😂

Just visited dealer to try to get some accurate info, and ask why different dealers seam to get info on Build status, awaiting shipment, at sea or at Bristol waiting transport. He says they get weekly status report from MG UK that simply indicates expected delivery and this moves back a week each week.
I mentioned shipping and that Splendid Ace (30th March) Drive Green Highway (10th April) and
Neptune Ace (11th April). He said no EV's on any of these and nothing before June/July, how can he know this of only info is MG UK weekly report.

He doesn't sound like a reliable source.

If you look on Autotrader you will find dealers claiming to have cars in stock. Some, like this one, even offering discounts. Have these dealers/dealer groups fulfilled all their outstanding orders?

Attachments

• palmers.PNG
    palmers.PNG
    333 KB · Views: 154
From the spreadsheet posted. I can see a few of you have orders with Thompson First.

Attachments

• Silver.PNG
    Silver.PNG
    480.6 KB · Views: 141
I ordered a blue trophy ZS EV on 5th Jan. Not sure what the truth is? I got an update from the dealer saying my car shows as “shortage” which means it has not completed the build on the MG motor list. Best guess is July delivery. When I look through the posts on this site it is advised that there is no list and that MG UK decide where to send the cars when they arrive in the UK and there is no real way of knowing when a car will be delivered. Some people are getting deliveries within a few weeks. Some people believe that China make a batch of cars and just send what they make and leave it to MG UK to distribute as they see fit. I would like to think that China make cars in the order that they are purchased. Does anyone know what the real truth is?

If you look on Autotrader you will find dealers claiming to have cars in stock. Some, like this one, even offering discounts. Have these dealers/dealer groups fulfilled all their outstanding orders?
It’s to get you into the dealership and they say it’s sold then tell you that they can order you 1 and it will be delivered next month, it’s all a lie as we have found out.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom