MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I should imagine SAIC just make batches of cars and ship them out, and it would be MG Supply in each country who determines which dealerships get the cars. This is just guesswork, but the cars must be distributed fairly around the country, having had reports of transporters being spotted travelling north, south, east and west.

How many of us are waiting for a black one?
✋ Here

I appreciate that some dealers will have cars they ordered that weren't allocated to customers, so have them to sell. What'd annoy me is my dealer selling off cars if there are customers still awaiting their orders.

Not sure about purchases, but a lot of lease sites had the ZS EV LR showing as 'in stock'. Which likely meant 'in the pipeline and due to arrive end of Feb'. Obviously since then everything has seen delay after delay.
Those who ordered in November/December were mostly told quarter 1 2022. People within that who then cancelled, left a car ordered with no buyer so lease companies came in and bought them and took the same estimated delivery date - not knowing that MG were talking rubbish about delivery dates.
That's my 2 pence anyway.
Most garages kept their stocks and had them free. There’s some YouTube channel with a branch in England and he was saying that they had them if you wanted it in certain models and colours to phone up and they would sort it for you

✋ Here

I appreciate that some dealers will have cars they ordered that weren't allocated to customers, so have them to sell. What'd annoy me is my dealer selling off cars if there are customers still awaiting their orders.
Waiting on Black LR SE too

Yes, black LR SE. With the reduced number of chips required in SE model's presumably we should be seeing SE model's arriving. Instead looking at the spreadsheet they seem to be rare as hens teeth🐔🐓. Not sure I believe any of the dealer's at the moment.

When you see stuff like this you know the system is broken
Screenshot_20220402_224913.jpg

Black LR Trophy Connect for me. I'm assuming a 72 plate by the time it arrives, but I get that so many manufacturers are in the same boat in any case.

I think the hardest part to understand is the inconsistency. I personally think many dealers put ghost orders in early, are using these as stock and that gives the impression of some arriving in good time.

Last edited:
There's nothing new under the sun they say: I remember similar delays when we ordered our Gen 1 30kWh Leaf in 2017. Nine months later, in 2018, it arrived, by which point the Gen 2 was out. And the chips issue wasn't a thing then, just looong production times. (Doesn't make it any less annoying second time round mind!)

Black LR Trophy Connect for me. I'm assuming a 72 plate by the time it arrives, but I get that so many manufacturers are in the same boat in any case. I think the hardest part to understand is the inconsistency. I assume many dealers put ghost orders in early and are using these as stock and that gives the impression of assume getting them in good time.
Emphasis mine...I think that's what a few aren't grasping. Some (if not all?) dealers put in orders on day 1 whether or not they had 'sold' them yet. Given the delivery times these days it would've been silly not to - especially when launching a new version. I know in my calling around initially that there were dealers who had unallocated orders still, so I didn't stall too much in making my choice.

More interesting than the date someone put their order in, would be the date that specific vehicle was ordered from MG by the dealer - it seems people don't always ask/know that. To me it'd give a better idea of lead times.

I'm interested to see if the ships due this month carry any significant number of LR.

I have just ordered My MG ZS EV LR Trophy told them i want delivery for Nov 1st as that's when my current lease goes back - so hopefully i wont be disappointed :)

When I spoke to my dealer to place my order - he said they had ‘ordered a trophy in every colour’ so all were available to me as they had already been allocated to the dealership. So to be quick to order so it didn’t go and they’d then have to put a new factory order in - presumably taking even longer. I only ordered in March, with an estimate of June. So I suppose we see what happens! Would rather it be here sooner so we can stop using Dino juice…but it is what it is I suppose! Charge point is all installed waiting for it, so I’m just asking neighbours if they fancy a charge so it gets some use! Hahahah! 😂😂😂 only off peak though! 😂😂😂

I was told way back in December, it was on a slow boat from China,(it must be very slow, going backwards sometimes I’d guess,) also told that they don’t order a car, but allocate a car that’s on the ship? So I guess there saying that it starts out with a full load of different colours and cars and they are allocated to a dealership, if all the colours of one car are taken, you will have to wait for the second shipment, even though they may have cars in colours that may not be allocated, which sort of explains why some cars have gone to people that have order a car after some others...

I was told way back in December, it was on a slow boat from China,(it must be very slow, going backwards sometimes I’d guess,) also told that they don’t order a car, but allocate a car that’s on the ship? So I guess there saying that it starts out with a full load of different colours and cars and they are allocated to a dealership, if all the colours of one car are taken, you will have to wait for the second shipment, even though they may have cars in colours that may not be allocated, which sort of explains why some cars have gone to people that have order a car after some others...
That's why it's worth it to ring around for physical stock if you're not tied to a dealer specific deal, and aren't set on a particular colour. People have gotten their cars sooner that way.

What a sweet summer child I was when I told my dealer I didn't want a '71 plate. I know now there was cat in hells chance of that happening :ROFLMAO:

This far into it I feel less & less like compromising, so am going to wait for exactly what I ordered and just ship watch. Hopefully this one yields some results:
That would probably be the IGUAZU HIGHWAY then, due in port 22nd April.

My dealer was told by MG any cars ordered without a customers name and details must be removed by April 1st or face penalty's, he said he had ordered 20 evs on the first day order book opened under one name for stock, not sure if true 🤷‍♂️

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom