MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

My 14th Jan order on the SE LR is still TBA.
However according to MG UK I might heard some good news soon and suggested I contact my dealer in 2 months time for an update.
I wonder what their excuse will be if I hear nothing in 2 months.

Hopefully my March order will arrive soon. Petrol prices are killing me 😆
Tell me about it... Currently it's £40+ to top mine 1/2 way, when that used to get me at least 3/4. I pray for mild days so I don't have to turn on the air-con and watch it munch my MPG :LOL:. And with no ZS delivery in sight, I will now have to shell out for another service & MOT.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even ask MG for updates anymore. The constant "on shortage awaiting factory build" was really starting to raise my hackles, so now whenever it turns up will be a surprise. That being said, I'll still be deflated if it's not here in September's speculated shipment(s).

Miles said something which has been playing on my mind ever since. The new MG4 will be the oldest vehicle in the MG range come 2025.

From that I think that the ZS and the MG5, together with the HS, will be very shortly finished.

I reckon they will eventually complete the existing orders (sunroof on the ZS being a concentration, once they are achieved, very few new ZS being produced).

Let’s face it. seemingly no appetite to ramp up the previous sales orders for current customers is There?

a significant amount (even I am contemplating it) are now thinking of switching their ZS orders for MG4….I think this could be the master plan. I am sure no one believes the delay on the ZS is down to bloody micro chip Shortage anymore. Makes absolutley no sense when they can flood the market with a sh*t-load of brand new EV purpose built MG4s’

so, with 7 brand new MG vehicles in play during 2025, the oldest one being a MG 4, would be interested to know your thoughts.
Bear in mind the ZS EV is built on an existing ICE platform. Meaning you have both the ICE & EV fighting over common parts such as chips etc.

With the MG4 & its new platform, it likely uses different parts with better availability and has its own dedicated production line, which explains why they have been able to ramp up production with it.

Had a call from octopus leasing this morning stating that my Black ZS LR estimated delivery date is being put back to November. (Ordered in January)

My dealer informs me today that they have not had one LR (bar demonstrators) since they were launched!! They we’re offered 9 SR a few weeks ago which they matched to existing customer orders. They said they were just offered out of the blue, no rhyme or reason.

MG really need to Sort their ordering process‘s and logistics out. Diabolical.

No fixed date yet but dealer tell me our Trophy Connect is indicating will be delivered sometime in August (ordered 17th Nov 21)
My dealer said mid September, I don’t know if that’s landed at the dock, or landed at the dealer. All I know is that I’m getting my ZS LR TC 🚗

My dealer said mid September, I don’t know if that’s landed at the dock, or landed at the dealer. All I know is that I’m getting my ZS LR TC 🚗
My dealer said Sept. to me as well, back in May. I ordered exactly the same as you, but a month later - Dec. 9. How long we have to wait seems also to be a function of the dealer.

Vanarama just rang me to advise me that the White ZS EV Trophy LR I ordered in January this year now has an estimated delivery of March/April next year. Apparently this is more concrete than previous estimates.

I'll have to have a serious think this week because I simply can't wait that long for a car. Cycling to work during the Summer, even the autumn is one thing. Middle of winter though - not a chance. I was thinking about using something like on.to to fill a 2-3 month gap if it ended up being October/November like some people are being told but I can't do that until April next year (literally 12 months after the date I was originally quoted). It's significantly more expensive and I can't go for that long term. I now don't have a huge amount of choice but to move on and look for a used car (despite the market being godawful at the moment)

There are a few who have been contacted by their dealers confirming a Sept delivery now. My dealer contacted me with this news. Looks like something is happening in Sept? for a lot of us on this forum. Ordered Jan LR TC Black

There are a few who have been contacted by their dealers confirming a Sept delivery now. My dealer contacted me with this news. Looks like something is happening in Sept? for a lot of us on this forum. Ordered Jan LR TC Black
I hope you are right. I ordered Dec 3rd 21 LRTC and as yet have had no news when it's likely to appear.

Vanarama just rang me to advise me that the White ZS EV Trophy LR I ordered in January this year now has an estimated delivery of March/April next year. Apparently this is more concrete than previous estimates.

I'll have to have a serious think this week because I simply can't wait that long for a car.

Jeez - that’s the exact same as I ordered through them, except it was early December! Can’t see 1 month making much difference, though it’s Vanarama so who knows!

Know what you mean though, that’s too long to wait really, isn’t it? I’m running a shed at the moment but was only planning on having it a few months, not nearly a year!

I've just talked with Vanarama and got the same depressing message - trophy LR order from Jan, originally promised for April, later moved to September, now with the date of Apr 2023. Wanted to check on other people's experience - would it be possible to request 'another car' to drive in the meantime whilst waiting for my MG ZS?

I'll have to have a serious think this week because I simply can't wait that long for a car. Cycling to work during the Summer, even the autumn is one thing. Middle of winter though - not a chance. I was thinking about using something like on.to to fill a 2-3 month gap if it ended up being October/November like some people are being told but I can't do that until April next year (literally 12 months after the date I was originally quoted). It's significantly more expensive and I can't go for that long term. I now don't have a huge amount of choice but to move on and look for a used car (despite the market being godawful at the moment)
I'm actually with Onto at the moment and so my waiting anxiety is zero. For me it will turn up when it does and I just cancel my subscription at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually with Onto at the moment and so my waiting anxiety is zero. For me it will turn up when it does and I just cancel my subscription at that time. If you are thinking of going with them you can always use my referal code for 50 quid off on your first month and I get 50 too! : 9b33f ;)
Should I be still waiting in January, count me in. I do have a nice BMW Z3 (2.8) in the garage which I use occasionally at a weekend. But getting 28 mpg, i am reluctant to use it for work purposes (especially in winter :) ).

I've just talked with Vanarama and got the same depressing message - trophy LR order from Jan, originally promised for April, later moved to September, now with the date of Apr 2023. Wanted to check on other people's experience - would it be possible to request 'another car' to drive in the meantime whilst waiting for my MG ZS?
I too, have just received this. All. Ordered in November 2021 for a delivery in March/April 2023. Regardless of the global issues this is ridiculous.
I already have the charger installed so I can't cancel the order without paying back the grant. Looks like I'm stuck

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom