MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I’ve ordered an LR ZS EV in SE spec from RGW contracts leasing company. It will be black. They were the cheapest monthly price on LeaseLoco.com and nobody else came close. My order went in on 12th July. They say the car is “at sea”. I contacted them to give me more precise details but they can’t. They need a reg number which they say is happening in Sept.

Based on what I have read here, I will take that with a pinch of salt.
Lease companies should be quoting 12 months wait on factory orders.

If you get it September and it's not a cancelled order that will be a record.

You are saying that a lease company have a pre-order car at sea and they decided to lease it to you for an incredibly low price but can’t give you any order number information / which dealer it is being supplied by.

Hopefully you have not paid a large deposit for this.

I would start asking questions if I was you. Every car that is supplied can be sold ten times over, struggle to understand why anyone would be giving massive savings now?
Had a meeting with an IFA and during the conversation he stated/ thought, that in the very near future due to hardships etc.. quiet a few people will be handing back cars which are financed via lease, pcp etc... This bubble could burst !

I’d like to say mine too (TCLR, Blue ordered 9/12/21) but I’m still told by my dealer (Bulldog MG, Twyford) that it’s still TBA, and not on a boat yet!
See if they'll let you have their demonstrator. That was still on the forecourt last week 😕

(The forum has just awarded me a 'trophy' for my first post. If only it were a LR Connect in black......🤣)

Last edited:
Had a meeting with an IFA and during the conversation he stated/ thought, that in the very near future due to hardships etc.. quiet a few people will be handing back cars which are financed via lease, pcp etc... This bubble could burst !
Those vehicles wouldnt then be able to be re-leased as new though, they would go into the 2nd hand market rather than being redistributed to a waiting lease customer.

Yeah, result is likely to be cheaper used values, which is needed anyway as the prices are overheated anyway.
Absolutely, but due to the way leasing companies raise finance for the lease vehicle they cant just move it from one driver to another, Once a driver hands back, im pretty sure the lease company has to 'dispose the asset' for want of a better phrase, or basically sell the car into the used market.
I'm pretty sure thats the reason you never see used car leases, its PCP, standard loan or cash for a used vehicle.

Absolutely, but due to the way leasing companies raise finance for the lease vehicle they cant just move it from one driver to another, Once a driver hands back, im pretty sure the lease company has to 'dispose the asset' for want of a better phrase, or basically sell the car into the used market.
I'm pretty sure thats the reason you never see used car leases, its PCP, standard loan or cash for a used vehicle.
Yes that's what I was essentially saying

I don't think that affects anyone. Expectations shouldn't be based on the contents of the back a transporter.

My expectations are pretty much in the toilet right now.
Sounds like you've been reading that remarkable Stoic philosopher Marcus Aurelius Antoninus,
"Always start your day with an egg
and your exptations in the toilet"

The only ships due at Portbury this month are Global Highway and swallow ace.

Global Highway has already stopped off at Jordan, Turkey and is now heading for Greece.
Due Portbury 19th Aug if there is any left on it?

Swallow Ace has so far stopped at Singapore and should be going through Suez end of next week. Unsure how many stops it will have in the Med before arriving at Portbury on 31st Aug.

Next Month is not looking good either - only one definite for next month so far - Michigan Highway and that only spent 4 hours loading in Shanghai.

To be honest am not holding out for much so your dealer advising large shipments I reckon is being fed some dodgy info.
I have just been given the information on what ships are arriving in September and what's on them. Ship trackers are great for speculating. The good news is that there's a LOT of cars coming. I cant guaratee yours will be on it, and I cant tell you there's going to be the exact model/spec/colour mix to satisfy your order, but the idea of not many cars coming in wide of the mark

I have just been given the information on what ships are arriving in September and what's on them. Ship trackers are great for speculating. The good news is that there's a LOT of cars coming. I cant guaratee yours will be on it, and I cant tell you there's going to be the exact model/spec/colour mix to satisfy your order, but the idea of not many cars coming in wide of the mark
Thanks Sam,

that’s gonna get a few peoples under crackers rumbling :)

Thanks Sam,

that’s gonna get a few peoples under crackers rumbling :)
I guess the point to note is that the vast majority of people on this forum are awaiting ZS EV LR. There are many many cars coming and I expect September will see MG dethrone plenty of 'big players' in the SMMT figures. But they also have 5 other cars in the range and ultimately have 50,000+ people waiting for cars so some orders are going to take longer than initial estimates to deliver.
That said, and I dont want to tell people they should be thankful, but MG have honoured prices, haven't downgraded specs on existing orders and havent cancelled orders to sell them again for the 'new going price', so while its frustrating for all, the grass isnt always greener.

I guess the point to note is that the vast majority of people on this forum are awaiting ZS EV LR. There are many many cars coming and I expect September will see MG dethrone plenty of 'big players' in the SMMT figures. But they also have 5 other cars in the range and ultimately have 50,000+ people waiting for cars so some orders are going to take longer than initial estimates to deliver.
That said, and I dont want to tell people they should be thankful, but MG have honoured prices, haven't downgraded specs on existing orders and havent cancelled orders to sell them again for the 'new going price', so while its frustrating for all, the grass isnt always greener.
Totally agree, this forum is (obviously) weighted towards MG, but buyers across the whole board of manufacturers are seeing the same thing. My colleague is still waiting for his ICE VW Tiguan to start its build, he ordered in October.

The Titus is going into Southampton! Is that another port I have to watch? 🤔
And maybe Tilbury too...? ⬇️
Just in case anyone is interested when picking our car up yesterday, for those who like to track the ships... Some of the latest have been diverted to Tilbury and not Portbury. Thought that might be of use to someone.
Also, to give you an idea of the scale of orders, our local delay (Stoneacre Derby) normally sells 400 new cars a year, and so far they have over 800 on order. The dealer showed me the list on his computer, it's unbelievable and I am afraid to say they really have no idea when and where a car will show up. He did state that when MG says it's at sea, it is given a date which actually assumes that the ship will get into issues with weather and blockages and this is why sometimes they turn up out of the blue.

Thanks for a bit of light in the dark. Might keep the pessimists at bay until September at least :LOL:

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom