MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just spoke to my dealer again in the west Midlands , they've had 10 Cars turn up one of them even still says tba on the system but has turned up so I think it's just a case of it comes when it does.

I did put a question to them and said I now know I won't see it September but could I see it Nov/Dec again they just do not know cars are just coming out the blue with no real eta's frustrating I know but it's not their fault.

They have assured me my grant Is safe and was applied the day I made the order.

Really do hope I see it this year or I'll be shelling out close to £600 on my lease car with a major service and two front tyres needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Closest I've come to owning my ZS yet..

Last week during a (now) routine check-in with the dealer, I was told that they had a blue long range Trophy in their dealership that just arrived, and that it can probably be assigned to me, but they would need to check. After a few calls for updates over the weekend and not getting anywhere ("they still haven't sorted out allocation yet"), I called today to be told that it's a Trophy Connect, not a Trophy.

So, if you're waiting on a Blue LRTC from Baylis MG, Gloucester - you might be in luck!

What a tease! 🥴
Exactly what I’m waiting on from Baylis!
Fingers crossed 🫰🏼

I cancelled my MG order, not the dealers fault but the car allocated to me (rightly or wrongly) was then allocated to someone else and no realistic date for one for me. Placed an order through work not using Tusker and collecting the new EV week of the 10th of October. Good luck to all those waiting I’m sure it’ll be worth it.
My order is through Tusker at work, and still waiting. When did you order?

Love the optimism on here of the potential MG4 switchers.

Gluttons for punishment! 🙃
Probably correct :)

however, I was very late to the ordering party, so I feel it could be well into a further ten month wait. My thoughts are, I would be more likely to get the MG 4 sooner Than the ZS

but as you suggest, bit of a lottery on any car from MG.

Here’s optimistcslly hoping.

EDIT: I am assured I am top of the list from my particular dealership, so I am hoping it is calculated risk.

Last edited:
Well having looked at the forward movements from Bristol, there is an estimated 33 vehicle carriers that will have visited by the end of September, some will be from Europe fiat, seat etc. A couple don't actually appear anywhere right now, and another two are expected in shanghai. If only a third of them are coming in loaded from China 49,000ish cars may arrive through September. Or maybe wishful thinking.

I cancelled my mg5 that I ordered last November via tusker as it was pushed back to October with the advice that it would be pushed back even further. Took the decision to change for a mg zs that was on the arriving soon section. Although it has already been pushed back to January the order now says “In Transit to Dealer” - does this mean the dealer knows it’s on a shipment? Does this status mean that is has been built? Btw tried both the mg5 and the mgzs at the weekend and pleased that I have gone for the zs ev.

At least the UK are getting 400 cars per month, here in Israel they started getting orders at January, and only the demonstration cars arrived, with more than 2000 back orders...
That must be frustrating. So many ships pass close by (Suez) and don’t take a slight detour to drop off a few. I saw one last week stop off at Cyprus on its way from Shanghai.

Well having looked at the forward movements from Bristol, there is an estimated 33 vehicle carriers that will have visited by the end of September, some will be from Europe fiat, seat etc. A couple don't actually appear anywhere right now, and another two are expected in shanghai. If only a third of them are coming in loaded from China 49,000ish cars may arrive through September. Or maybe wishful thinking.

Hi, there are 3 that have visited Shanghai on the way to Portbury.
Global Highway due 19th Aug / Swallow Ace due 31st Aug.
Michigan Highway is due 8th Sep but was only in dock for 4 hours so may not have much on board.

Cape Town Highway due 19th Sep is sat on anchor waiting to go into Shanghai.

Still keeping an eye on Eurasian Highway which was on the Portbury expected list last week but has now been removed. This is steaming towards Suez from Shanghai - it may reappear on the list?

There are 9 ships on the list that are currently heading out for Japan / Taiwan / Singapore that could possibly have time to visit Shanghai before making the journey back to Portbury.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess 30,000 ZS were ordered. So far delivered 3,000 in 8 months.

It would only take 4.5 ships full of cars and they could deliver all the orders.

The problem then would be how many cars per day that could be handled through the ports and transport lorries to deliver.

Currently the throughput is to deliver 400 per month so having 6000 cars arrive on one ship may require more resources at the port/s

Called in at the dealership again today to ask for a update and still TBA ( ZS Trophy LR in blue ordered December ) he told me that the way things are going it could be another 6 months. That was the final straw, so went to look at the Skoda dealer and ordered a new Kamiq 1.5 petrol delivery in 12 weeks. MG now cancelled and dealer informed that’s me done with the brand. Not the dealers fault but MG’s shambles of a car allocation process.

My guess 30,000 ZS were ordered. So far delivered 3,000 in 8 months.

It would only take 4.5 ships full of cars and they could deliver all the orders.

The problem then would be how many cars per day that could be handled through the ports and transport lorries to deliver.

Currently the throughput is to deliver 400 per month so having 6000 cars arrive on one ship may require more resources at the port/s
Where are you getting those numbers from? Registrations are nowhere near that.

Called in at the dealership again today to ask for a update and still TBA ( ZS Trophy LR in blue ordered December ) he told me that the way things are going it could be another 6 months. That was the final straw, so went to look at the Skoda dealer and ordered a new Kamiq 1.5 petrol delivery in 12 weeks. MG now cancelled and dealer informed that’s me done with the brand. Not the dealers fault but MG’s shambles of a car allocation process.
Part of the problem is that there is no information as to actual progress through a queue. If it was a true build to order setup they could give actual estimates. Instead we have this madness where it’s TBA, batches are coming through, and random cars turn up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom