MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hi Folks, collecting my LR Black Trophy tomorrow, ordered mid Jan 22. I’ll confirm when collected on the tracker thread but I have a reg, insurance and the reg they gave me now appears on DVLA search so fingers crossed!!
Nice! Another black one... waiting for my LR TC, same colour.

Oh dear...my order has now been put back to December 2022! I feel like it keeps being put back each month by 2 months....

Very keen to see a Kia Niro EV 3 now despite the price increase. Vanarama has them on a 4 week delivery time....anyone else ordered one and can vouch for those lead times?

Very tempted!

I ordered in may and was told september but keep getting told “no news from MG” by dealer. I can order the new Kia Niro EV 2 for a small increase in monthly lease and get it next month. I’m an impatient sod though.
What did you decide on bud? Have you got a delivery date for the Niro? I'm thinking of the 3 over the 2 to keep spec similar to Trophy

Oh dear...my order has now been put back to December 2022! I feel like it keeps being put back each month by 2 months....

Very keen to see a Kia Niro EV 3 now despite the price increase. Vanarama has them on a 4 week delivery time....anyone else ordered one and can vouch for those lead times?

Very tempted!
They do look good. Would definitely be on my short list. Kia/Hyundai definitely have one of the best battery/BMS setups with great overall efficiency.

My Ioniq 38 was a great car. A big shame there's no replacement for it.

There's definitely room for an ultra efficient Prius sized car that's not a completely premium OTT thing like the Ioniq 5.

Very tempted!
Coming up at £503 for this compared to the £273 for the MG ZS SE long range ordered last November. Is it worth the extra?

I had a test drive in the Niro EV 2 and would not say that it is worth the extra. The 3 is a bit more plush (levels of extras are more similar to the trophy LR), but they are so much more expensive. I didnt really like it :(

I was doing £150 to £180 a week in diesel now that is £5 in electricity 😊
Edit sorry more like £8.50
£150 will get you 20 gallons at the moment
Giving the benefit of doubt assuming 30mpg (which is really poor) is 600 miles. being optimistic at 4 miles per kWh in your new EV means you used 150kwh to go that same distance. 850p/150kwh means you're paying 5.6p per kWh for your electricity? What tariff are you on that you're paying that little for your electricity???

My dealer says that MG rejigged the order dates so that they are now in order of the date that your name went on the order.
So all those who took over dealer placed orders are not getting the benefit. So for example we ordered in march but taking a car which had been ordered by the dealer in january.
Sounds a bit odd to me?

Thoughts?

Giving the benefit of doubt assuming 30mpg (which is really poor) is 600 miles. being optimistic at 4 miles per kWh in your new EV means you used 150kwh to go that same distance. 850p/150kwh means you're paying 5.6p per kWh for your electricity? What tariff are you on that you're paying that little for your electricity???
Presume one of the octopus overnight deals?

The car is a jeep grand cherokee 3.0 v6 I get about 28mpg I am on a charge anytime tariff 5p kw with ovo its 170 kWh per week

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming up at £503 for this compared to the £273 for the MG ZS SE long range ordered last November. Is it worth the extra?
My quote for Niro 3 is £568pm

One of the MGs were £481 so yes a sizeable hike but most likely to materialise

Quoted for an XC40 Core at £562pm too....tempted to move.

Cupra Born looks promising too but sooo expensive

I congratulate all he people who have had their ZSEV LRTC turn up so please don’t take this personally but it’s really starting to make my blood boil that so many of them were ordered up to 6 months after mine (Early December 2021, with full grant of £2500) which is not even built yet according to my dealer, 90% of me really wants to tell MG to stick it but I know that’s what they want me to do so they can sell my vehicle at a much higher price, I’m really believe now that this is MG policy to make more money at the expense of customer loyalty.

Really disappointed I missed out on the Cupra Born and put my trust in my MG dealer after they promised my MG would be here in September. The Born was there is the showroom ready to go - what a fool I was. It was only going to be £20 a month more than my ZS due to finance rates at the time. Just looked at what it would be now and it over £100 more :(

I contacted my dealer today since I had to call back Friday when the manager was back, no update but was told "you should of received it in September but MG have stopped shipping the ZS this month so they can just ship over the MG4"

Last edited:

Cupra Born more expensive than either of those 2? Wow.

Both of those are £200 more per month than I pay for my MG5. I could afford it but that's money I could have been saving or investing. As nice as both of those cars are, I wouldn't be wanting to pay that much for cars with smaller boot space than what I have (and need, as we currently have 4 dogs).

My dealer says that MG rejigged the order dates so that they are now in order of the date that your name went on the order.
So all those who took over dealer placed orders are not getting the benefit. So for example we ordered in march but taking a car which had been ordered by the dealer in january.
Sounds a bit odd to me?

Thoughts?
Interesting. This month I took over an existing dealer order they placed in March. I only did that as they told me it would be delivered sooner than placing a new order.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom