MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just logged in randomly to see my Tusker order status from Feb ‘22 has changed to “On Order Build Slot Confirmed” as of 9th October so hopefully I’ll see a car soon!
Hopefully, I’ll not be far behind you. My Tusker order from March 22 changed from ‘On Order’ to ‘On Order Awaiting Build Slot’.

OMG dare I get excited? Just missed a call from the dealer rang back with 15 mins but all the MG staff had gone (1800) I asked the guy who answered (Vauxhall but same dealer) if they’d had any MG delivered today? He said yes but he couldn’t tell me if mine was one of them.

Then I realised I had a voicemail left for me which said “I have an update for you regarding your MG order, I finally have some good news for you”
Does this mean it’s here? Or does this mean they have a firm delivery date of Feb 2023 😂😂😂

I don’t think I’m going to sleep tonight as I wait for them to open in the morning. It really is like waiting for Xmas morning when I was a kid!
Didn't the dealer day mid November 2 days ago? Im very jealous, but hope its the good news you want!

Didn't the dealer day mid November 2 days ago? Im very jealous, but hope its the good news you want!
Yeah they said 14 Nov on mon but also said it could be sooner. Not sure the the Vauxhall sales rep was accurate but he did say they had a few MG’s delivered today. You could be on the list as you ordered the day before me!
At best I am hoping it is here but at worst I am hoping that it is at least in Portbury awaiting delivery. When she said “I finally have some good news” it has to be one of those 2 options doesn’t it? 😂
If it really is here I can’t wait to get a picture on here “Full frontal with flap open” 😂😂😂😂

Thought I'd email MG again and got the same old response your car is on shortage awaiting build please contact your dealer.

Looks like I'm getting a hot wheels track for Christmas then

Had a ZS LRTC on order through salary sacrifice since Feb/March. Date keeps going back and is currently Feb 23 but no build date yet.

I’ve been given an offer of a Tesla Model 3 SR through he same scheme with delivery in 4 weeks but £235 more per month taking it to £635 - I’m doing 26000 miles a year.

For those that are lucky and have theirs, is the ZS worth it or should I take the Tesla????

Had a ZS LRTC on order through salary sacrifice since Feb/March. Date keeps going back and is currently Feb 23 but no build date yet.

I’ve been given an offer of a Tesla Model 3 SR through he same scheme with delivery in 4 weeks but £235 more per month taking it to £635 - I’m doing 26000 miles a year.

For those that are lucky and have theirs, is the ZS worth it or should I take the Tesla????
IMO the ZS is a brilliant car, I've had it since June 1st and love it but realistically you cannot compare both cars totally different brackets cost wise. So I think the answer will always be if you can afford the Tesla it's a no brainer which car to select.

IMO the ZS is a brilliant car, I've had it since June 1st and love it but realistically you cannot compare both cars totally different brackets cost wise. So I think the answer will always be if you can afford the Tesla it's a no brainer which car to select.
I agree, I’ve only had my TCLR two weeks but already I’m very impressed, its a fantastic EV for the money you pay, but Tesla are in a league of their own, also with a much better charging network (at the moment) & just a lot more expensive.

The ZS is an SUV with a rear hatch, the Model 3 is a saloon with a boot (trunk), so it depends on your needs for the vehicle.

Also, the cost of a Tesla includes access to the superior charging network, which is good if you travel up and down the country every week. If you rarely make long journeys and rarely use public charging networks, then that is no longer a cost benefit.

Tesla Model 3 all day long.

It's like comparing a Ford Focus to a BMW 3/5 series.

People typically don't choose between the two.

Spend more, get more I guess...

If you have the a disposable income I'm sure it's great.

Next stages are

1 Order confirmed
Few months later
2 Order checked
2023 end
3 Order considered
End of 2024
4 Awaiting ship build to transpo

Similar times lines as you through octopus (ordered feb), same car. Had a call today from the MG dealer to arrange delivery. Hope you get yours soon too.
I got told on Friday that it seems my car has not actually even been made yet as it doesn’t have a VIN number, so no update on timelines.
I’m getting rather frustrated with the lack of communication as to what is going on.

I got told on Friday that it seems my car has not actually even been made yet as it doesn’t have a VIN number, so no update on timelines.
I’m getting rather frustrated with the lack of communication as to what is going on.
Patience is a virtue. I promise you it is with the wait I’m loving mine, pity there is not a paper manual. at the moment trying to find out how to turn the radio off. Everyday is a school day.😂😂😂👍🏼

Last edited:
Is anyone know how to check your account status if you got order number. Order with MG dealer?
The statuses referred to earlier are Tusker statuses they've created themselves to match up with what a dealer might tell them.

If you contact MG themselves and have an order number most likely they'll tell you it hasn't been built yet or some other reason.

I'm sure dealers have some such system that tells them when it's on a boat/arrived etc. but the dealer mine is through was saying typically they have no info until a few weeks before it arrives by which point it's on a ship.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom