MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I got told on Friday that it seems my car has not actually even been made yet as it doesn’t have a VIN number, so no update on timelines.
I’m getting rather frustrated with the lack of communication as to what is going on.
I wasn’t so worried on lack of communication from Octopus. I did chase once or twice, and they don’t know anything. It feels like a… once it’s in it’s in - and no one knows any information. Seems like every dealership/lease scheme are the same.

Hopefully not too longer wait for you, I was not expecting it this year after most of the posts on here. I Ordered 20/2, arriving 20/10.

We ordered March ‘22 and we are still none-the-wiser of when our car will arrive after a visit to the dealer this morning…
They don't have the information to tell you.

As my dealer said, they often don't know a car is coming until a few weeks before it arrives.

If MG had a full build to order setup with per week build slot allocation, they'd be able to give a clearer picture, but they don't.

As they still haven't fulfilled all the Dec/Jan orders I would settle in for the long haul.

Just messaged the dealership and still on shortage…how can it still be on shortage after 10 months? I mean it’s only a trophy…you would think, SE and trophy would have less chips than a TC? And a SE less than a trophy..whatever way I look at it, (lying on the floor looking up at the minute) I can’t see why MG haven’t made my car?…it’s not like I’ve asked for a purple one..and they have an old bloke in the corner mixing the paint..for a one off purple car, or I want one with three doors along one side and one on the other…come on MG make my 🤬🤬 car..

Just messaged the dealership and still on shortage…how can it still be on shortage after 10 months? I mean it’s only a trophy…you would think, SE and trophy would have less chips than a TC? And a SE less than a trophy..whatever way I look at it, (lying on the floor looking up at the minute) I can’t see why MG haven’t made my car?…it’s not like I’ve asked for a purple one..and they have an old bloke in the corner mixing the paint..for a one off purple car, or I want one with three doors along one side and one on the other…come on MG make my 🤬🤬 car..
My sympathies are with you. It’s the ‘not knowing’ isn’t it.

I asked my dealer a question about accessories and within my answer was this: your order is classed as a 'fleet deal' Can anyone here tell me what that means?

Here are some recent updates from my dealer for my Black Trophy LR ordered 12th January 2022:
24th September - ....the status of your vehicle is still showing 'TBA'.
26th September - ....your vehicle has begun production and is currently showing an estimated arrival date of 15/12/2022.
7th October - .....your vehicle is in production and is currently showing an estimated arrival date of 22/12/2022.
14th October - Your vehicle is still currently in manufacture country with an ETA of 30/12/2022.
I'm still waiting patiently. :mad::mad:

Car was delivered on Tuesday! Very nice drive LR Black trophy ordered 4th Dec via Tusker.

Had one issue the power steering failed temporarily but turning off and on resolved.

Good luck to all those still waiting, I know it's long and uncertain but it is a decent car at a great price once you get it (so far), hang in there!

What information do the dealership require for Santander consumer finance. They haven't done the application with me yet. Will they require other monthly commitments or just a yearly income?

What information do the dealership require for Santander consumer finance. They haven't done the application with me yet. Will they require other monthly commitments or just a yearly income?
They didn’t ask me for any of that, I even said, don’t you need my salary information and the dealer said no.

OK, a whole load of weird updates. As a reminder, Tusker order Jan 22, ETA moved constantly, til stuck at Dec 22. LRT Black.

A few weeks back I emailed MG directly and they said it was built or being built and had a firm date to dealer of Dec22.

Following the status change on Tusker to 'on order awaiting build' I contacted the dealer (Perrys at Luton). They confirmed Dec 1st ETA to dealer but whilst on phone she said she'd check the MG order system and it still says TBA. She then emailed her contact at MG and he sent a document with current lead times. MGZSEV 42 weeks. My dealer then emailed him and said that her query was for an existing order, not a new one, and he insisted that 42 weeks was the current wait, I.e 42 weeks plus the 39 I have already waited 😂. My dealer emailed him back that he MUST be mistaken as that would be an eTA of Aug 23, which is insane, and he vanished with no further replies.

So all in all, I'm cautiously optimistic about Dec 22, but also a little confused 😕

OK, a whole load of weird updates. As a reminder, Tusker order Jan 22, ETA moved constantly, til stuck at Dec 22. LRT Black.

A few weeks back I emailed MG directly and they said it was built or being built and had a firm date to dealer of Dec22.

Following the status change on Tusker to 'on order awaiting build' I contacted the dealer (Perrys at Luton). They confirmed Dec 1st ETA to dealer but whilst on phone she said she'd check the MG order system and it still says TBA. She then emailed her contact at MG and he sent a document with current lead times. MGZSEV 42 weeks. My dealer then emailed him and said that her query was for an existing order, not a new one, and he insisted that 42 weeks was the current wait, I.e 42 weeks plus the 39 I have already waited 😂. My dealer emailed him back that he MUST be mistaken as that would be an eTA of Aug 23, which is insane, and he vanished with no further replies.

So all in all, I'm cautiously optimistic about Dec 22, but also a little confused 😕
Hello MGUK, let's pretend you are my left hand. MG Dealers, can you pretend to be my right hand. Now, this may seem a little radical and alien to your normal working methods, but left hand, meet right hand. Right hand, meet left hand. Now *** hold the same $%$^ hymn book and open it at the same page :mad:

Feel for everyone on here after a week of sitting in the dark on the rocking chair telling everyone I will just wait I've decided I can't wait much longer and seriously thinking of pulling the plug after all these stories of still waiting 40 weeks later does not give me much hope what so ever.

Mg are Like a monopoly board pass go and you get a mg zs ev unfortunately we're all stuck at Oxford Street station waiting for the train strike to finish

Called into Tunbridge Wells MG on Saturday. First time I've visited the dealership since ordering the car (LR SE White) on 10 December 2021. Dealership not contacted me once in all this time, although I have called them once a month or so. Two weeks ago I was told dealership was now expecting delivery on 12 December, yesterday I was told this was now end of December and the car had not yet been built. Remind anyone of the incremental 3 month delivery time from 6 months ago?

Also told that PCP APR now increased to 7.9,% despite being assured by dealership at the time we agreed to buy the car that having applied for finance when we ordered this was fixed at the original rate (4.9% I think,) £1500 PCP deposit contribution currently still being honoured apparently. Needless to say Tunbridge Wells MG deny we were misled by them although they were less clear why. You know the tactic. Divert the blame to others (MG in this case,)

The irritating thing is that I still like the car. Otherwise I'd have dumped MG and it's dealership network for good.

Following the status change on Tusker to 'on order awaiting build' I contacted the dealer (Perrys at Luton). They confirmed Dec 1st ETA to dealer
but whilst on phone she said she'd check the MG order system and it still says TBA. She then emailed her contact at MG and he sent a document with current lead times. MGZSEV 42 weeks. My dealer then emailed him and said that her query was for an existing order, not a new one, and he insisted that 42 weeks was the current wait, I.e 42 weeks plus the 39 I have already waited 😂. My dealer emailed him back that he MUST be mistaken as that would be an eTA of Aug 23, which is insane, and he vanished with no further replies.

I’m in the same boat as you MrMatt2101 - I ordered from Tusker at the beginning of April and at the moment I’m hoping for late December (!). You say you contacted MG directly - how did you reference your Tusker order? Can they trace it simply by name?

I ask as I’ve only had two updates from Tusker in the last 6 months and it would be good to at least know what MG think is the expected date in the UK. I’m hoping that it’s not an additional 42 weeks - that would be outrageous!

It‘s interesting to note that my two colleagues ordered a Tesla 3 and Polestar 2 at the same time - the Tesla was delivered in Aug and the Polestar is at the dealer and ready at the end of Oct.

They don't have the information to tell you.

As my dealer said, they often don't know a car is coming until a few weeks before it arrives.

If MG had a full build to order setup with per week build slot allocation, they'd be able to give a clearer picture, but they don't.

As they still haven't fulfilled all the Dec/Jan orders I would settle in for the long haul.
Add to that "haven't fulfilled Nov 2021 orders"....ordered mine 24/11/21

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom