MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

So I went to the pictures and on the way, I spotted a lorry full of ZS on it and right on the back, was a silver ZS, I thought could that be mine? No it wasn’t as called in to the dealership, to be told, no news still on shortage..oh really?..Tim tells me I’ll have one within a few weeks, told the salesman, I’d contacted the head of marketing and PR in China, the look on his face was priceless, anyway, I wasn’t supposed to be there till Friday, but as I was passing, they had a look at the Merc and the trade-in price had gone from £9.5k down to £7.7k sort of told him where to stick it..as was told way back in December MG would honour the price, come what May, said, he just couldn’t get anywhere near that price now, best he could do was £8k..I was getting the £1.5 from whoever it is, ( Santander, maybe) and so it works out at £9.5k..I said it should be £11k..it’s not my fault that you have taken so long to get me a car and if I hadn’t emailed MG China, I would still be sitting here with no sign of a car..I was told end of March, I was told you would stand by the £9.5k..not my fault it’s taken you 10 months to find me a car..not my fault used car prices have gone down, not my fault your salesman told me this and then p*** off…and of course the interest rates have gone up..so it’s gone from 4.5% to 7.5%.. told me the price of the car (33,500) has gone up another 1k to 34,500..said he would honour that...so to say I wasn’t a very happy bunny, don’t need to go in on Friday as whatever was happening then, has happened today..I don’t know what to do now? Just trade in the Merc with them for the 8k or try WBAC (which I think is a waste of time, give you a high price and then cut it in half, when they see the car) may see what Motorway is like, but feel I’ll just trade it in with MG from the £8k…but as I’m not very happy, I’ll have a look at what they’ve got in MG clothing and see if I can get something for nothing..they’ve got nothing in Coventry, so this may call for a trip to BC…

also don‘t know what to do with the monthly payment…as it stands, £2k back and payments of £354pm…or £3k back and payments of £378pm…have to have a think about it

just looked on Motorway and it’s come back with £9,750…guess it wont be anywhere near that price, needs two new tyres on the front to start with..looks like I need to take photos of it..something for tomorrow…anyone on here sold there car with Motorway? How did it go?
A bit of a TLDR for me, but on the bit about the dealer promising to honour the car price come what may is a bit mad, if they actually did that then that's not good business given used prices are all over the place. Maybe they were thinking used prices would keep going up...

A bit of a TLDR for me, but on the bit about the dealer promising to honour the car price come what may is a bit mad, if they actually did that then that's not good business given used prices are all over the place. Maybe they were thinking used prices would keep going up...
That’s what the manager said, also said, that’s why the salesman, that said it, is no longer with them..my mate says I should stick to my guns as that’s what I was told.. umm, they told me the best they can do is £8k..think they would turn around and tell me nicely to take it or leave it..it is 10 months since I had the £9.5k offer and I believe that at that time second hand car prices were at a out of this world price, also think maybe the sales guy believed that I was only 2-3 months away from getting a new car and the second hand car market wouldn’t have taken such a big hit..

Never seen you then…seen a black one around the area, no blue or white, silver…seen a red one around Warwick..and a silver one in Rugby..
Mine was a black SE from unity coventry. I’ve seen a couple of reds and a silver out in the wild. I feel like I need to create a bingo card to mark off when I’ve seen the whole collection.

anyone on here sold there car with Motorway? How did it go?
We did - we received £3k more than the agreed “reserve price” for our BMW and the reserve price was only slightly lower than their initial email due to the fact that the advisories on the last MOT were not addressed. Maybe they undervalued it or the options we added made it way more desirable - who knows.

It goes to an auction the next day, you get to accept or reject the offer. It does depend on the buyer how pedantic they are but it was a smooth and quick process for us - just be as honest as you can with the description.

Last edited:
So I went to the pictures and on the way, I spotted a lorry full of ZS on it and right on the back, was a silver ZS, I thought could that be mine? No it wasn’t as called in to the dealership, to be told, no news still on shortage..oh really?..Tim tells me I’ll have one within a few weeks, told the salesman, I’d contacted the head of marketing and PR in China, the look on his face was priceless, anyway, I wasn’t supposed to be there till Friday, but as I was passing, they had a look at the Merc and the trade-in price had gone from £9.5k down to £7.7k sort of told him where to stick it..as was told way back in December MG would honour the price, come what May, said, he just couldn’t get anywhere near that price now, best he could do was £8k..I was getting the £1.5 from whoever it is, ( Santander, maybe) and so it works out at £9.5k..I said it should be £11k..it’s not my fault that you have taken so long to get me a car and if I hadn’t emailed MG China, I would still be sitting here with no sign of a car..I was told end of March, I was told you would stand by the £9.5k..not my fault it’s taken you 10 months to find me a car..not my fault used car prices have gone down, not my fault your salesman told me this and then p*** off…and of course the interest rates have gone up..so it’s gone from 4.5% to 7.5%.. told me the price of the car (33,500) has gone up another 1k to 34,500..said he would honour that...so to say I wasn’t a very happy bunny, don’t need to go in on Friday as whatever was happening then, has happened today..I don’t know what to do now? Just trade in the Merc with them for the 8k or try WBAC (which I think is a waste of time, give you a high price and then cut it in half, when they see the car) may see what Motorway is like, but feel I’ll just trade it in with MG from the £8k…but as I’m not very happy, I’ll have a look at what they’ve got in MG clothing and see if I can get something for nothing..they’ve got nothing in Coventry, so this may call for a trip to BC…

also don‘t know what to do with the monthly payment…as it stands, £2k back and payments of £354pm…or £3k back and payments of £378pm…have to have a think about it

just looked on Motorway and it’s come back with £9,750…guess it wont be anywhere near that price, needs two new tyres on the front to start with..looks like I need to take photos of it..something for tomorrow…anyone on here sold there car with Motorway? How did it go?
So the dealer still has no indication that your car is arriving? Realistically you have to wonder if your email really has made a difference or are you just getting fobbed off from someone else other than the dealer? I.e they tell you what you want to hear? I think you ordered in December which kind of puts you in the bracket for delivery anytime soon anyway. But let’s see if ot arrives in the next 12 days or whatever they said.
I don’t know how but my dealer is adamant that my order from early Jan is definitely on a boat and should be here by mid Nov, I haven’t emailed China, Going by their performance during this whole process I would highly doubt MG senior management would prioritise anyone for an email.
As for costs, I was offered a phenomenal PX but I have read my contract in detail and I don’t know if dealers use the same one but mine definitely says the PX will start reduce every 30 days starting from 30 days after the agreed delivery date (31 May) however there is a max % it can reduce per month. I doubt my sales rep will know any of this and will try to offer me a ridiculously lower PX value, but I will arrive with full knowledge of the exact minimum they can contractually offer me.
The contract also states that the dealer cannot be held responsible if the manufacturer is unable to provide the order in good time, therefore they will not accept any liability. You should read every word of the small print, you will find the dealers are bomb proof even if you had a “verbal” (enforceable) agreement for the PX you would not be able to prove it. It annoys me when the dealers keep telling us the car has gone up in price but they will honour our deal - they have to! It is in the contract
Thank god I am a cash & PX buyer, so interest rates don’t affect me, I actually borrowed the money as soon as I ordered the car so I will have paid nearly a year off my loan before I even get the car 😂

So the dealer still has no indication that your car is arriving? Realistically you have to wonder if your email really has made a difference or are you just getting fobbed off from someone else other than the dealer? I.e they tell you what you want to hear? I think you ordered in December which kind of puts you in the bracket for delivery anytime soon anyway. But let’s see if ot arrives in the next 12 days or whatever they said.
I don’t know how but my dealer is adamant that my order from early Jan is definitely on a boat and should be here by mid Nov, I haven’t emailed China, Going by their performance during this whole process I would highly doubt MG senior management would prioritise anyone for an email.
As for costs, I was offered a phenomenal PX but I have read my contract in detail and I don’t know if dealers use the same one but mine definitely says the PX will start reduce every 30 days starting from 30 days after the agreed delivery date (31 May) however there is a max % it can reduce per month. I doubt my sales rep will know any of this and will try to offer me a ridiculously lower PX value, but I will arrive with full knowledge of the exact minimum they can contractually offer me.
The contract also states that the dealer cannot be held responsible if the manufacturer is unable to provide the order in good time, therefore they will not accept any liability. You should read every word of the small print, you will find the dealers are bomb proof even if you had a “verbal” (enforceable) agreement for the PX you would not be able to prove it. It annoys me when the dealers keep telling us the car has gone up in price but they will honour our deal - they have to! It is in the contract
Thank god I am a cash & PX buyer, so interest rates don’t affect me, I actually borrowed the money as soon as I ordered the car so I will have paid nearly a year off my loan before I even get the car 😂
Have slept on it..I’m just going to px it with MG, it’s too much hassle to do it any other way, imo…the car would need two new front tyres and a “B” service. I guess by the time Motorway or WBAC has knocked off this and that on the car, it may not be that far away from the £8k from the dealer, yes the manager did say px car prices do reduce every month..but as I was being an awkward so and so at the time..I really wasn’t happy to play ball..

as for the car itself, I had messaged BC only a few days ago, to be told, it was still on shortage, which it has been for months, when I went in to Coventry yesterday the salesman said, no change and from speaking to Tim on Monday, he told me he had been speaking to MG UK most of the day, did also say “I believe you’ve spoken to them as well” No I hadn’t, as I knew it would only be a cut and paste reply everyone else had had..I could believe that the email to China didn’t make a difference, if it had shown to be anything other than on shortage, isnt there 4 or 5 steps to getting a car, shortage, built, on ship, docked..something like that..and believe China did have something to do with it, as I’ve said before, if they hadn’t why ask me where I was from and who my dealer was?..why didn’t I just get a email to say to contact MG UK or my dealership?..I didn’t, I get a message to say they have sorted a car for me…coincidence…maybe..but I don’t believe so..if you were a head of a company and someone sent you a email, what would you do? Knock it back, ignore it, or just pass it on to a Lower manager to sort something out…you are head of marketing and PR..no company wants a bad reputation..

Have slept on it..I’m just going to px it with MG, it’s too much hassle to do it any other way, imo…the car would need two new front tyres and a “B” service. I guess by the time Motorway or WBAC has knocked off this and that on the car, it may not be that far away from the £8k from the dealer, yes the manager did say px car prices do reduce every month..but as I was being an awkward so and so at the time..I really wasn’t happy to play ball..

as for the car itself, I had messaged BC only a few days ago, to be told, it was still on shortage, which it has been for months, when I went in to Coventry yesterday the salesman said, no change and from speaking to Tim on Monday, he told me he had been speaking to MG UK most of the day, did also say “I believe you’ve spoken to them as well” No I hadn’t, as I knew it would only be a cut and paste reply everyone else had had..I could believe that the email to China didn’t make a difference, if it had shown to be anything other than on shortage, isnt there 4 or 5 steps to getting a car, shortage, built, on ship, docked..something like that..and believe China did have something to do with it, as I’ve said before, if they hadn’t why ask me where I was from and who my dealer was?..why didn’t I just get a email to say to contact MG UK or my dealership?..I didn’t, I get a message to say they have sorted a car for me…coincidence…maybe..but I don’t believe so..if you were a head of a company and someone sent you a email, what would you do? Knock it back, ignore it, or just pass it on to a Lower manager to sort something out…you are head of marketing and PR..no company wants a bad reputation..
I'm confused, so they are saying it's stil 'on shortage' but you are giving the SAIC China the credit for it?...

I'm confused, so they are saying it's stil 'on shortage' but you are giving the SAIC China the credit for it?...
Yes called in this morning and asked what it says on the screen, still on shortage..as for MG China, I don’t know, just seems strange to me, that after I contacted them, a car becomes available..maybe I’m putting two and two and getting five? Guess I’ll never know..but ha ho..who cares I’ve got a car..

be interesting to see what Jones886 gets back if anything..

Well my estimated delivery has gone from September, to November - January, to January - March 23.... My 40 week mark would be end of January so I'll hope for that, but it's getting awkward as I'm borrowing a van that I was supposed to give back nearly 2 months ago.

Yes called in this morning and asked what it says on the screen, still on shortage..as for MG China, I don’t know, just seems strange to me, that after I contacted them, a car becomes available..maybe I’m putting two and two and getting five? Guess I’ll never know..but ha ho..who cares I’ve got a car..

be interesting to see what Jones886 gets back if anything..
So as of yet I have had nothink back I've also contacted my dealership and cc'd within the email.
Dealership have told me the car was ordered on 7th February.

I've really started to bang the drum now with my operation looming not been able to drive for up to 2-3 months and took the option to save a few Bob it has been brought forward so I've handed my Skoda back (shouldn't of not got it serviced but plan was to stick with intill mg arrives but things have changed dramatically very quickly for me. so I've given mg a 2-3 month ticking time bomb. Dosent come then it's on to another car in the used market or demo car

Told the dealer I'm tired of just not having a simple answer I'd be all ok if they just said look Dan I'll be straight we've been told march 2023 for your build I could live with it but it's the constant guessing game of who , when , what I'd have more chance of swimming the English channel than an mg arriving .

Jones886..I do hope you get something back..
AFAF097A-22FB-4C01-84E2-54F2A0F7CB49.jpeg

Last edited:
I have an outstanding order through Tusker (salary sacrifice). Managed to contact the dealer who placed my order back in March 2022 with an 'estimated' delivery of July 2022. MGUK have responded today advising the below;

"EV’s are still awaiting factory build so current ETA around 42 weeks away I’m afraid.
We should have MG4 & MG5 available sooner 16-18 weeks if your customer considers a model change."

Tusker is still advising late January 2023 as an estimated date, however it appears these dates mean nothing and are not informed by the dealer at all. I really dont know what to do now.
I'm the same, contacted MG and got this response:
Thank you for your patience.

Yes, your dealer is right, your vehicle is currently on shortage and we apologise for the system error, which has given an incorrect ETA previously.

We understand your frustration, as a brand, we are doing the best we can and will prioritise all customer orders over stock order.

Please be advised there has been a high demand for the ZS EV Long Range, however, as your order is among one of the oldest orders, it shall be fulfilled soon.

Unfortunately, we still cannot provide an ETA at this stage and delivery ETA varies by car spec, however, once the car is built, the delivery ETA can be anytime.

As we do not have any free stock to support, we would only recommend you to liaise with your purchasing dealer for further assistance.

Once again, thanks for contacting us and your patience is much appreciated.

The guy from MG stated ‘Its 42 weeks from now as they are still not yet built.’ However he did attach some kind of internal communication on a PDF that has a table of lead times - that table states the lead times for new orders is 42 weeks so not sure what to believe! My guess is if they say 42 weeks from now any time before then is considered a bonus.

Yeah it has slowly shifted into Jan next year, over the last few months. But it doesn’t look like this is based on any information the dealer is providing about my order as when speaking to them they didn’t have any idea of an estimated date, hence them contacting MG. I’m going to stick with it as I have a good price, plus not hopeful that if I ordered something else I would get it any quicker!
Identical situation to me. I've already waited 40 weeks, so I'll be waiting 82 weeks??!?!?

Let's see what happens now then ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221021-061405.png
    Screenshot_20221021-061405.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 142
Let's see what happens now then ....
Yaaa, at least you’ve got something back from them..let’s hope MG UK, find a car for you..

on another note, going back to MG Coventry later today, went in yesterday but manager wasn’t in, hope that Tim is there today, as I can’t understand how they can’t stand by the px price, well I can, but haven look at the paperwork, it does say…”This document contains the T&C, sign it only if you wish to be legally bound” so why are they trying to get out of it? There salesman signed it..

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom