MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I've just received this good news from my dealer!
Your vehicle is currently on a boat on its way over to us! Current estimated arrival date is showing 04/12.
Early Christmas pressie, :D:D but I'll believe it when I see it.
🥳 Hopefully you graduate out of here before your 11 month birthday!

🥳 Hopefully you graduate out of here before your 11 month birthday!
My dealer is quietly confident that I'll have it by Christmas but my delightful Leaf is due for its MOT on 16th December. It would be lovely not to have to go through that expense.

Evening all, just signed up to the forum and my first post. My local MG dealer is quoting 42 weeks delivery which seems to be in line with the posts here. Have put down a deposit on a Trophy LR. Have also found a car broker (UK Car Discount) offering this model in blue, silver and black with Feb delivery so have also placed a deposit there to hedge my bets. Sounds like it's very much fingers crossed.

Evening all, just signed up to the forum and my first post. My local MG dealer is quoting 42 weeks delivery which seems to be in line with the posts here. Have put down a deposit on a Trophy LR. Have also found a car broker (UK Car Discount) offering this model in blue, silver and black with Feb delivery so have also placed a deposit there to hedge my bets. Sounds like it's very much fingers crossed.
Honestly, I wish I had put money down elsewhere at the same time I placed my MG order. MG told me 9-12 months, so not that far of the timing you've been given. The car brokers seem to be a lot more organised so you may be lucky and not wait too long!

My dealer is quietly confident that I'll have it by Christmas but my delightful Leaf is due for its MOT on 16th December. It would be lovely not to have to go through that expense.
Finger crossed it all goes well!. I would be happy to receive my ZS before Christmas, but I'm also looking elsewhere as I've little faith in MG. I tried a Hyundai Tucson PHEV this week out of curiosity, and it was a pleasant surprise.

Surely to god, there can’t be that many people who ordered a MG ZS EV last November/December who are still waiting ? I’m on 10 months next week.
After reading everyone’s post re orders November / December very pleased to see that quite a few of you have had contact and although haven’t got vehicles yet been given a estimate/ date , hold on in there as I’ve never read a bad review on the car yet, I’ve stopped and spoke with around 5 people in my home town who said it’s a fantastic car. I don’t think I will see mine until next year Feb / March . ,my order date was Januar.

I can’t believe MG are losing money on the ZS? its not like they are making them cost wise for what they are selling them for, guess they are making them for 12 -15k a car and selling them for double the cost, even if the batteries have gone up, I’d guess they are still in profit..maybe not as much as they were making, so it’ll cut the bottom line..is it just another excuse for MG not getting cars out..along with “the wind is blowing the wrong way” “the sea was very choppy and the captain didn’t want to get sea sick, so stayed in port for a bit longer” “ the leafs have fallen off the trees and the roads are slippery and the lorry’s are finding it hard to drive the cars to the port”
I don't really know it's just a good conversation we was having when I ordered my hs off them. She admitted it was a shambles and said I've got three zs ev coming in from December on the way so there is a long way to go before it gets to my order.

They stated battery costs have increased 4 k so mg must be saying something to the dealers surley

Some of us waiting nigh on a year still don't have a delivery date, yet later orders of the exact same spec already delivered to other customers - I don't believe it was necessary for many to have waited as long as they have, even with industry wide issues.

The shambles at MG is primarily down to their weak decision making, lack of customer care, poor communication, inability to get a grip on their dealer network and a vehicle allocations team that studied at clown school. For those reasons alone they should at the least honour any ZS order tied to a 3rd party discount (PiCG, Motability, Affinity ect.), even if they are forced to cancel/offer alternatives for the rest. What will actually happen next though is all speculation until MG issue anything in writing.

Having the next gen ZS ready as an alternative might've helped if that's easier &/or cheaper to produce, but that looks to be a way off. The 4 isn't an option for some, not only in terms of practicality but due to the quality of certain elements.
Tottaly agree with what your saying it is a shambles hence why I decided to get another car in the meantime . They have cocked it up but hopefully they will live and learn. I just can't get my head round how they will fulfill all this back log and they keep stating shortage of parts etc etc .

I wonder if other car makers dealerships are as bad as MG with what they tell people? (Nothing) Or if other EU country’s - Oz, New Zealand are being told the same s*** as us by MG? (Shouldn’t New Zealand be called just Zealand? I mean it’s been around for ages, hardly new now?)

No, still haven’t got the car, but expect it around week 3 of November…

Last edited:
@DrJohnny Fever
I wonder if our cars are/were on the same boat? I have been given a similar date to you, and am also waiting for silver. It’s difficult to not get too excited, but at the same time, I need to make arrangements to sell my existing car. It’s a bit of a juggling act if you aren’t doing PX.
It’s a shame we aren’t told the name of the boat - we could at least track it!

Hi, Just joined ordered mine MG ZS EV Trophy long range in white on 14th March 2022, been told maybe February 23, fingers crossed although keep getting different stories from the dealer in Darlington, they are not the most helpful, would not know anything if you don't go in, never been contacted by them.

@DrJohnny Fever
I wonder if our cars are/were on the same boat? I have been given a similar date to you, and am also waiting for silver. It’s difficult to not get too excited, but at the same time, I need to make arrangements to sell my existing car. It’s a bit of a juggling act if you aren’t doing PX.
It’s a shame we aren’t told the name of the boat - we could at least track it!
I used a company called BestCarBuyer earlier in the year to sell a car - very straight forward and as long as you are honest about your car will give you what they offer. Also CAZOO seem pretty good with their offer prices. I gave up with Motorway as they kept messing me about - hope that helps.

Hi, Just joined ordered mine MG ZS EV Trophy long range in white on 14th March 2022, been told maybe February 23, fingers crossed although keep getting different stories from the dealer in Darlington, they are not the most helpful, would not know anything if you don't go in, never been contacted by them.
Welcome to the wonderful world of MG information..(leave it with us and we’ll give you a call…never)

Its not the dealer. We have the same one, MG don't like talking to them either. We are now into month 11.

3 weeks since my car apparently should have hit the UK, but no word from the dealer. Everyone who's doing a victory lap when they get word that their car is arriving soon, beware.

My status did change on the Tusker site today to late November, which I guess means we are back to just knocking the date back every so often.

Interestingly the status now says "Released from the factory"..sounds a bit like a dangerous robot released and now ready to do harm on the streets of Shanghai.

Registration number is still some 6 month old PHEV MG HS thing.

Sigh.

Had my dealer tell me it was “on the boat and due in December” I don’t suppose anyone has any details of the ship, it might be fun to track it using maritime apps!

Had my dealer tell me it was “on the boat and due in December” I don’t suppose anyone has any details of the ship, it might be fun to track it using maritime apps!
It isn't a useful exercise... Mine was supposed to be 'on a boat' docking 3 weeks ago. But then nothing happened. There was also no way of knowing what ship the car is actually on.

It isn't a useful exercise... Mine was supposed to be 'on a boat' docking 3 weeks ago. But then nothing happened. There was also no way of knowing what ship the car is actually on.
I can see I’m not the only one having troubles this past year. Did you call your dealership and ask them what the delay was about?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom