• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

In fairness it's all a bit out of the dealer's hands. If the finance company won't provide the finance now they're not going to give them the car for free.
Having said that; if the only change is the address I very much doubt the finance company will withdraw the finance offer. Worst case is they might offer a worse finance package but that's unlikely.
You would have had to tell the finance company of the change of address anyway.
Which dealership is it?

So My car (Trophy LR White) has arrived at the dealer. Problem being - they say they will only deliver to my home address (I moved house late last year, several months after the order was meant to be delivered...). They now say they need to go back to the finance company to change the address before they can arrange delivery. Very worried that this will break things and that after 16 months of waiting - hearing the car is waiting for me - only for it to be cancelled and me be left without a car after all... Anyone have any reassurance for me? :cry:
What they are saying makes sense to me. All they are trying to do is stop fraud, and protect their and YOUR interests.
With hindsight you should have contacted the company when you knew you were going to move, as you did your bank.

What they are saying makes sense to me. All they are trying to do is stop fraud, and protect their and YOUR interests.
With hindsight you should have contacted the company when you knew you were going to move, as you did your bank.
I am no expert but I think before you signed on the dotted line they will do an additional credit check (particularly if the original one was done 16 months ago when you ordered). This would fail as the address would not correspond.

You would have had to tell the finance company of the change of address anyway.
Which dealership is it?
It's a lease through vanarama, dealer would be greenhous

They have come back and basically said they need the new details and consent to do a new credit check. Not sure how long that will take. But more delays on an already delayed car is irritating and I'm worrying about the credit check

Last edited:
It's an aml directive set to finance institutions lenders etc have to evidence kyc id and address checks have been completed

Cars in particular at high risk items as they can get purchased through dodgy money/fraudulent activity etc so it's 100 percent correct what they are doing.

Change of address unless you have moved into an area with high number of ccjs shouldn't impact the rate or your own n circumstances have changed.

As you have said is a lease the credit check isn't as stringent as the provider owns the car is more an affordability check they will be doing

My LR trophy is now at the dealers waiting for MG to "pull their finger out", their words not mine.
They say they are awaiting MG to move it along so they can allocate a registration.
Any idea what this means and how long it should take?

My LR trophy is now at the dealers waiting for MG to "pull their finger out", their words not mine.
They say they are awaiting MG to move it along so they can allocate a registration.
Perhaps they're waiting for MG to add your car to their computer systems, so that the phone app will work for you.

It may have something to do with the end of a month, hopefully not long now.

Last edited:
I ordered my ZS in March 22. My car was built in Nov 22. It arrived in Feb 23.
I just got 1000 miles on clock. I am pleased with that my fuel economy figure beat the spec. 3.7miles/kwh is for my first 1000miles. A very careful trip reached 5.0 miles/kwh.
IMG_20230530_082311_edit_296461497582888.jpg

IMG_20230531_212152.jpg

Charging efficient is between 85 to 88% using 3 pin charger.

Hi. Do you know when your car arrived at the dealer. I'm trying to work out when mine might be ready as it arrived last week
It actually arrived at a dealer but not indicative for most because I moved house I had to go through finance again which delayed everything. When I booked, the earliest they could deliver was 2 weeks later so I'd guess they will contact you soon to arrange delivery then 1-2 weeks ish

There is also delivery drivers our short term lease was driven from York to Lanarkshire

Sometimes it's by trailer someone actually driven to our door

Novuna have no idea dealer think I've they have car will know better should be this week

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom