MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

The latest spec on roof rail load is 0kg for ZS including Trophy.

I bought Thule footpack 7104 from Halfords in UK for mounting with wingbar on ZS trophy roofrail. Trophy Connect was marketed with 75kg roofload.

It takes longer time to fit Thule footpack 7104 because footpack designed to slide against roofbar. I need to adjust position carefully avoiding roofrail on car being pulled too hard.

Last edited:
1686642888598.png

Hi, I orderd my MG ZS EV in silver last September have received a notification from the dealer to say that MG are now showing my vehicle as "on the Sea" guessing this means its on a boat somewhere. Looking into it it appears MG use the "SIAC Anjo Phoenix" to ship to the European market, does anyone know if I am right with this and if so what ports it stops at on route? On tracking I can see its currently on the way to Mexico.

Hi, I orderd my MG ZS EV in silver last September have received a notification from the dealer to say that MG are now showing my vehicle as "on the Sea" guessing this means its on a boat somewhere. Looking into it it appears MG use the "SIAC Anjo Phoenix" to ship to the European market, does anyone know if I am right with this and if so what ports it stops at on route? On tracking I can see its currently on the way to Mexico.
MG use many vehicle carrier ships. If you search this thread, there is a maritime tracker somewhere for Royal Portbury Docks which is where the cars come in.

Edit: Found it for you.

I got my ZS. I am very pleased that I got tinted glass on back, which was not on spec at the time when I ordered a year ago.

Anji is one of shipping companies for SAIC. They "instructed" 7 vessels last month. Too late?

Here are two MG4 photos from web related to shipping.
Screenshot_20230617_061044.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_055559.jpg

After 18 months, almost certainly losing the £2.5K government grant due to the massive delay, and having cycled through two other EVs & a diesel 4x4 during that time we have finally given up on our MG ZS EV Trophy Connect.

The same day that we decided to call it quits our MG dealer rang to tell us our car should be arriving soon, which was spectacularly bad timing.

The almost certain loss of the grant along with the massively higher cost of finance means that what was a £350 a month car was looking more like a £550+ a month car; we now have an eight year old Leaf and a five year old Evoque that between them cost less per month including running costs.

We placed our order the day that the order books opened back in November 2021, it took a few days to sort out the paperwork for a trade-in as part deposit but I have seen the dealer's order book and they placed the order to MG on the first day...

This whole sorry episode has really left a bad taste in my mouth; I have championed MG EVs before but after this I don't think I can ever recommend MG again.
Too bad, that means you are waiting almost 1.5 year, really?

Welcome to the silver club I’ve had mine for 3 months really pleased with it, the only problem I’ve had is on a run from Liverpool to Kent was finding a charger that was free and not out of action,

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom