MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Are you finally enjoying your new car?
Definitely. I've not been on a decent run yet tho. End of july we to Wales (200 miles each way) so that will be a test.
What has just dawned on me today is, as I'm on a cheap overnight tariff it's costing me about 3p per mile. There is no incentive for me to drive economically at that rate. Hammer it and it's still 4-5p per mile

Definitely. I've not been on a decent run yet tho. End of july we to Wales (200 miles each way) so that will be a test.
What has just dawned on me today is, as I'm on a cheap overnight tariff it's costing me about 3p per mile. There is no incentive for me to drive economically at that rate. Hammer it and it's still 4-5p per mile
Enjoy every mile, I'm on an overnight tariff too but I'm trying to increase my M/Kwh it's on 3.8 at the mo, hoping I can improve it on our long trip next weekend.

Well after 13 months and 16 days of waiting it has finally arrived, just in time as the old Corsa MOT runs out in 10days time.

View attachment 18382
Looks fantastic in blue. Hope you enjoy it as much as we have our (MaGgie) ZS TLR in red over the last three days. Best of luck 👍

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
I ordered one through Zenith our company lease provider last August for delivery in March. This has been continuously put back month by month. Last update was for delivery early September.

Yep !.
See, when they know you are ready to place an order, they want you to think that the wait for your car is going to be fairly short.
But unless the car is physically on U.K. soil they are only guessing.
MG cars take 3 months to arrive in the U.K. from China, so they are banking on your car being on that shipping manifest.
If they told you the truth, you would be unlikely to place your order in the first place.
They tell you what you want to hear, but not the true facts.
EV's normally face a longer wait time than a normal ICE cars anyway.
A lot of people think that you can order an EV today and you will be collecting it in a few short weeks, dream on !.
There are exceptions to the rule of course, but this only possible because you are lucky enough that it's a group / stock car.
I went to my local mg ( Trowbridge) dealer , they had a white long range zs paid for it there and then and picked up in four days , couldn’t be happier, just lucky I guess

I went to my local mg ( Trowbridge) dealer , they had a white long range zs paid for it there and then and picked up in four days , couldn’t be happier, just lucky I guess
That is not unheard of TBH.
As you say, pure luck 🍀.
Right place, right time.
Likely to be a cancelled order by somebody who got fed up of waiting.
The dealers never actually cancel their order when the customer does, as they know it will always sell.
It strikes me as strange, that when a cancelled order arrives, totally out of the blue.
They don’t ring the next person on the list, who has been waiting ?.
Instead they sell it on to a “walk in off the street” customer.
The deal / price on the original order has long gone, but now the car has increased in price and any part x values have decreased, so it works for the dealer to sell on to a fresh customer, if you get my meaning.

Just wondering if we've got the record for the longest wait time yet?

Ordered a Trophy ZS EV in black in February 2022 through Zen Auto - now at 17months and still waiting...

Had an email from them in mid-May to say it was now built and due in the UK in 2-4 weeks time, so should have been with us by mid June. Surprise, surprise - no car yet.

Out of curiosity, was anybody provided with the chassis number by their dealer once the car had been built and was on its way to the UK? I was given this by Kia when my EV6 was on its way, and I even had the vehicle reg that had been allocated for it even though it was still a month away from arriving. Zen are claiming that MG do not give out the chassis number until it is in the UK - this to me sounds like bull**** and they can't provide it because the car either hasn't actually been built or hasn't been allocated to us... What is everyone else's experience of this?

Oh gosh - that’s a seriously long wait. I hope you hear some positive news soon.
I was given the reg number when my car arrived at the dealership, nothing before, other than ‘you will be getting your vehicle very soon’ about 2 weeks before that.

Ordered a Trophy ZS EV in black in February 2022 through Zen Auto - now at 17months and still waiting...

Had an email from them in mid-May to say it was now built and due in the UK in 2-4 weeks time, so should have been with us by mid June. Surprise, surprise - no car yet.

Out of curiosity, was anybody provided with the chassis number by their dealer once the car had been built and was on its way to the UK? I was given this by Kia when my EV6 was on its way, and I even had the vehicle reg that had been allocated for it even though it was still a month away from arriving. Zen are claiming that MG do not give out the chassis number until it is in the UK - this to me sounds like bull**** and they can't provide it because the car either hasn't actually been built or hasn't been allocated to us... What is everyone else's experience of this?
I ordered MG ZS LR in January 2022, and finally picked up the car just last week, July 2023, after an 18 month wait. I'm based in Ireland.

I was told it went into production February 2023, was built but waiting for shipping in March 2023. It arrived in the country end of June, and I picked it up from dealer first week of July. Original price from January 2022 was honoured.

I didn't get the chassis number before delivery, but then I didn't ask for it either.

Long wait, but very happy with the car now that I have it!

That's longer than most I would think, don't give up as after 15 months of waiting I now couldn't be happier after 2 weeks in Anglesey piling on the miles with an average of 4.1 miles/kwh.

We gave up after 18 months + 1 day (ordered November 2021), due to financing costs increasing & loss of £2,500 EV grant making it unaffordable. I guess it doesn't count as we didn't ever see the car though?

Too bad, that means you are waiting almost 1.5 year, really?
Yup, really. 18 months + 1 day when we cancelled our order.

im currently on 17months and 19 days....but who's counting (-;

For those still waiting I am selling my 2022 White LR Trophy (with the sunroof) - Listed in the classified forums on here :)

Finally got our delivery date for next week after ordering our ZS last March. 15 Months wait in the end, just hope it is worth it. Hostly can not remember what was included in the dpec we ordered now ;)

I don't understand, Luscombe's in Leeds had about 15 unregistered new vehicles(all LR Trophy's I believe) to sell according to the salesman only a couple of weeks ago. I decided I wanted a ZS EV LR Trophy Connect last Weds, paid for it Friday and had it delivered yesterday. Albeit mine was a pre-reg so not brand new but I could have had a brand new one that they had in stock for a couple of £k more.

Strange there's people waiting over a year for their car yet the same cars sat in dealerships waiting to be sold.

I don't understand, Luscombe's in Leeds had about 15 unregistered new vehicles(all LR Trophy's I believe) to sell according to the salesman only a couple of weeks ago. I decided I wanted a ZS EV LR Trophy Connect last Weds, paid for it Friday and had it delivered yesterday. Albeit mine was a pre-reg so not brand new but I could have had a brand new one that they had in stock for a couple of £k more.

Strange there's people waiting over a year for their car yet the same cars sat in dealerships waiting to be sold.
I was happy to wait due to costs. to get the same lease deal today costs 77% more per month than the order I placed 18 months ago (pre Ukraine war / liz truss / etc etc)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom