MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

After a very long wait my blue ZS EV Trophy LR was delivered today, sadly rather dirty after being stored in a field I suspect! No chance to test out its various features yet but glad that it did come with both charging leads and a full set of mats. The supplier, New-Car-Discount, has offered a modest contribution to a basic valet to address the poor state it was delivered in but I suspect we may be having more discussion over the cost of this work!

After a very long wait my blue ZS EV Trophy LR was delivered today, sadly rather dirty after being stored in a field I suspect! No chance to test out its various features yet but glad that it did come with both charging leads and a full set of mats. The supplier, New-Car-Discount, has offered a modest contribution to a basic valet to address the poor state it was delivered in but I suspect we may be having more discussion over the cost of this work!
I can't believe that they didn't get it cleaned before delivery🙄
Anyway congrats and have you driven it much yet and what do you think of it after such a short amount of time?

No chance to drive it yet but might have a little run out tonight. Such a very long time since my August test drive that I have to try and remember how everything works!
Still not sure about the colour, I originally ordered black but when I was advised I could have a blue one earlier I changed my order. Hopefully it won't show the dirt as much as the black ones and the grand daughters both prefer the blue so they are happy!

No chance to drive it yet but might have a little run out tonight. Such a very long time since my August test drive that I have to try and remember how everything works!
Still not sure about the colour, I originally ordered black but when I was advised I could have a blue one earlier I changed my order. Hopefully it won't show the dirt as much as the black ones and the grand daughters both prefer the blue so they are happy!
Watch this channel, he is very knowledgeable and have helped me alot.

Hi all, I have been watching this forum for a while now listening to the woes of others and I thought I’d share my experience, in the hope it may make people feel better.
March 2022 ordered 2No. MG ZS TLR through my company’s salary sacrifice scheme, one for me and 1 for my wife. Told at the time estimated delivery was 20 weeks which matched what I was told independently by 3 dealers.
A week after ordering found that Zenith didn’t process the second order, so had to place another order. No biggies as delivery time remained the same. After not receiving confirmation of the order, I followed up and was told the order had not been placed for a 2nd time as their supplier had changed the price of the vehicle and they were in discussion about who was to incur this cost (told them it wasn’t me). Three weeks later (April 21) told the issue had been resolved and the order had been placed.
Again not having had confirmation of the order, I chased Zenith and having failed to get a response from them so called their supplier and advised that MG at the time had closed their doors to new orders and my car hadn’t been ordered. Then spent 3 weeks emailing and calling Zenith to discuss the issue, but they wouldn’t respond. Eventually after calling several times over two days and refusing to hang up while someone finished a meeting. It was confirmed the order had not been placed (May 21).
The order was then eventually placed at the start of June and I received confirmation that the order had been placed with a delivery date of April 23.
I then raised a complaint and after 4 weeks of investigation, it was concluded what I had told them in my complaint was correct, and in their response (July 2022) they advised the order placed in June had not actually been placed.
I have now spent over 7 months receiving monthly emails saying the estimated delivery date of the ordered vehicle has been pushed back (now May 2023) and arguing with Zenith to supply me with a similar vehicle to replace the second one not ordered.
To make matters worse during this time where my wife and I work has introduced a clean air zone and now have to pay this charge as our current vehicles don’t comply.
I’m not looking for sympathy, just highlighting to those frustrated by delays with their orders that things could be worse.
Great News after 14 months and 1 week of waiting and constant emails saying its been delayed I have notification from Zenith my red LRT ZS EV will be delivered today between 9 and 12. But, still won't belive it till its on the drive, There is always a chance I will get a last minute email saying its been delayed.😀

New Car Discount don't physically see the cars before delivery, so cleaning is down to the supplying dealer. Good that you have all the leads & mats that seem standard through NCD but I would do a thorough inspection for anything else the dealer may have skimped on in the PDI.

They called yesterday. I could have had it delivered next week but I'm away all week for work so Tuesday 20th it is
Great news, sods law you are away but I please you finally getting your EV
Great News after 14 months and 1 week of waiting and constant emails saying its been delayed I have notification from Zenith my red LRT ZS EV will be delivered today between 9 and 12. But, still won't belive it till its on the drive, There is always a chance I will get a last minute email saying its been delayed.😀
More great news, I have the same model colour and I couldn't be happier with it, I'm still at the phase of making any excuse to drive it.

I got my car built date in Nov 2022 when I visited the dealer after 8 months of waiting. Luckily my car was just built. They also give me an ETA of 3 months shipping delay, which was achieved later as predicted.

Sales at dealer said the panaromic sunroof was more difficult to build so it was removed after July 2022.

There was (probably still is) shipping capacity shortage. SAIC who built MG cars ordered their own ships to clear shipment backlog, in addition of using both standard shipping container and specialized car ferry.

(this photo was downloaded)
mmexport346ab45a566d954e96e45b30957f1fa1_1686197457857.png

I got my car built date in Nov 2022 when I visited the dealer after 8 months of waiting. Luckily my car was just built. They also give me an ETA of 3 months shipping delay, which was achieved later as predicted.

Sales at dealer said the panaromic sunroof was more difficult to build so it was removed after July 2022.

There was (probably still is) shipping capacity shortage. SAIC who built MG cars ordered their own ships to clear shipment backlog, in addition of using both standard shipping container and specialized car ferry.

(this photo was downloaded)View attachment 18142
Am i correct in think that the sunroof was removed from ORDERS placed after july, not cars built after then?

They called yesterday. I could have had it delivered next week but I'm away all week for work so Tuesday 20th it is
How long was it at dealers mg stoke said they expected car today so calling in Monday to see what situation is as my shirt term lease renews on 23rd

It's going be tight

How long was it at dealers mg stoke said they expected car today so calling in Monday to see what situation is as my shirt term lease renews on 23rd

It's going be tight
They didn't te

It's going be tight
On 30th may they told me that it was in stock with them (but not necessarily that it arrived that date).
They then emailed on 6th June to arrange delivery (and the first available slot was the 14th)

They didn't te

On 30th may they told me that it was in stock with them (but not necessarily that it arrived that date).
They then emailed on 6th June to arrange delivery (and the first available slot was the 14th)
Thanks well just need bug the dealer every day until they get shot booked

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom