MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I don't now if it's exactly 4 times, but LFP should be OK for 3000 cycles.

Also, you can charge them to 100% everyday with absolutely no damage to the battery
Is it confirmed somewhere that the SR models have LFP battery technology? I thought they will have the same 50KWH battery pack as MG5 SR.

Is it confirmed somewhere that the SR models have LFP battery technology? I thought they will have the same 50KWH battery pack as MG5 SR.
Confirmed by MG directly, with the presentation PDF they gave to dealers here in France

Go to page 8 "Batteries et groupes motopropulseurs", the Standard battery is on the left side of the chart, the Long range battery on the right side of the chart

They also say that the 0-60mph / 0-100kph has only been tested on the long range version, and the SR should have a quicker time, due to the higher voltage of the pack

Attachments

• MG ZS EV 2022.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 189
Confirmed by MG directly, with the presentation PDF they gave to dealers here in France

Go to page 8 "Batteries et groupes motopropulseurs", the Standard battery is on the left side of the chart, the Long range battery on the right side of the chart

They also say that the 0-60mph / 0-100kph has only been tested on the long range version, and the SR should have a quicker time, due to the higher voltage of the pack
Wow... thanks for this. Interesting of MG to offer different battery technologies on models of same vehicle! Must be pros and cons to both I am sure.

Interesting that the charge rates are different too, the LR is stated as 92kW whereas SR is 70 kW. Also nominal given as 69.9 kWh!

Wow... thanks for this. Interesting of MG to offer different battery technologies on models of same vehicle! Must be pros and cons to both I am sure.
I guess the smaller battery will get more charge cycles over its life and with such a long warranty MG may want to protect themselves by using an LFP battery. Also the LFP battery is less energy dense so they probably couldn’t use that on the long range model due to packaging constraints. My guess anyway.

Its common for domestic houses in continental Europe to have 3 phase whereas here in the UK as its single phase they've only given a 7kw onboard AC charger.
I wonder if this will mean we will get a slower max charge rate than the 92kw advertised there for the UK model

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220208_211437_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
    Screenshot_20220208_211437_com.google.android.apps.docs.png
    783.2 KB · Views: 112
Interesting that the charge rates are different too, the LR is stated as 92kW whereas SR is 70 kW. Also nominal given as 69.9 kWh!
I was reading about it.. LFP
batteries do have longer lifetimes (more cycles) but cannot charge fast enough as compared to NMC and are poor in cold conditions, meaning even worse range in winters.

So pros and cons of each as I said!!

Tesla does the same. LFP for lower range as they are cheaper, and can tolerate charging to 100% better. They are less energy dense though so cars work out at a similar weight as longer range cars with more expensive Lithium Ion batteries.

More expensive batteries are used for more premium, longer range vehicles as they take a quicker charge, can output more power, offering better performance for the more premium models. They don't like to be charged to 100% too often though.

Good trade off for both. Being able to max out a charge on a cheaper, smaller battery is very useful.

I was reading about it.. LFP
batteries do have longer lifetimes (more cycles) but cannot charge fast enough as compared to NMC and are poor in cold conditions, meaning even worse range in winters.

So pros and cons of each as I said!!
Yes but I was more interested by the 92 kW charge statement for the LR as I'd assumed it was a 76 ish maximum. There had been some suggestions, such as the ev-database, that 92 kW was possible but generally 76 kW seemed to be the tops especially after Miles' charge test. Nice to see that more should be possible officially.
[Edit: Just to add to the confusion even the ev-database link has reverted to 76 kW maximum:unsure:]

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom