MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That'll be because Honda build to order and have multiple options/configurations. Most car manufacturers operate this way but it's much more expensive

BBC did one last week at Bristol/Portbury. We are England: "Down at the Docks - Bristol".

The lady they interviewed unloading cars seemed happy with her job of driving a car off (with white gloves) and getting a minibus back to the ship, repeat, all night!

I think it said something like 500 in 8 hour shift for the team, but don't quote me.
Thanks Ozzie Will check it out. I suppose the viewers that like the reality drivel will say that they would rather poke their eyes out with a blunt stick than watch a dock in action:eek: LOL we all have our ideas of entertainment. Saw a good documentary recently where "Baldrick" filmed the life on the river Thames after dark.....each to their own I suppose.

Durban Highway in port for 15 h, 38 m so if we take off 4.30 for paperwork/customs, getting ready to discharge and then depart (tide dependant then it could be around 11 hours of unload time 11 x 300 cars per hour as its a late shift = 3,300 cars max discharged? All makes and types if not just MG. Another factor that would reduce the cars off loaded would be if she has to allow time for exports to be loaded?

I had a dream driving an electric MG last night :LOL:. Wasn't a ZS though, more like an estate model but not the 5 :rolleyes:

BBC did one last week at Bristol/Portbury. We are England: "Down at the Docks - Bristol".

The lady they interviewed unloading cars seemed happy with her job of driving a car off (with white gloves) and getting a minibus back to the ship, repeat, all night!

I think it said something like 500 in 8 hour shift for the team, but don't quote me.
Viking Sea has just entered the Bristol Chanel docking 12.30am !

I initially got excited about looking at ships... having ordered back in November...!! But still being told end of May for delivery... gave up!

My thoughts were that we could get a spy into the camp. One of us needs to get the job and get into the docks and report back to the rest of us 😁 And all we need then is somebody at the docks in China telling us which boat the MGs are getting on 👀
I think that may be a plan Mr Bond !

I have placed an order on the 13th of January. Been told the delivery will be either end if March or definitely early April. Now being told it will be early June.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom