MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Battersea Blue
And what colour did you order? Cheers.
Drove by the branch tonight and they seem to have a few silver ZS EVs on display in the forecourt which is new as I pass it at least once a week! I know they had demo cars delivered in December so cars could be from a different delivery batch.

My synopsis of the above is that a few ships arriving in Feb (aligning to the podcast update)… but we then seem to have a gap until June deliveries being quoted by dealers… is the general consensus no further ships expected docking MGs for 2-3m?

The pattern seems to be:
Batch produce cars of specific spec
park in a car park awaiting chips
Bulk fit ECUs
Shove 2k+ cars on boats and dispatch
MG motor UK find out what they have when its at sea and allocate using a dart board of the UK dealer map.

They've definitely got a backlog of cars sitting in China, which may be the 10k+ arriving by end of Feb (that's EV and ICE). Hopefully the chip shortages are starting to sort themselves out and they can get back to a steady flow of output. They'll still obviously batch them up in 2-4k deliveries to fill complete boats rather than buying spare capacity on other boats.

I wouldn't be able to get to the dealer till at least the 1st😉
Trust me that plan will not guarantee they don't register towards the end of the month. You need to give them clear instructions that you will not accept car if they register it on 71.

My synopsis of the above is that a few ships arriving in Feb (aligning to the podcast update)… but we then seem to have a gap until June deliveries being quoted by dealers… is the general consensus no further ships expected docking MGs for 2-3m?
My reading of the situation too. Headline grabbing 11000 delivered by end of Feb and then it looks like a long wait for the next UK deliveries.

Pretty sure our dealer said no penalties for paying off early. So could get a bank loan n pay off the PCP n pocket the £1,500. Unsure if this is true not something we took into account as just planning on doing the full PCP
When I bought my Ioniq a few years ago, I was waiting for my lump sum from my pension. I explained this to the dealer and he said there was no penalty for early pay off. So took out their PCP for a week until the money was in my bank. I then paid off the PCP in full without paying any instalment and no penalty.

Just ask your dealer about terms and conditions of the PCP.

Finally got a delivery date from our dealer, "hopefully before September 2022" - this gives us an 11 month lead time from order to delivery (assuming it turns up).

Somewhat annoying as we were told at the start "they are in group stock", then "two months lead time" then complete radio silence for months and now, to paraphrase, 'possibly by September if we've not re-assigned it to a leasing customer' - yes, in France LLD leasing deals (quite restrictive, low kilometer limits, car remains owned by MG, no option to extend or purchase) are now being prioritised over those being purchased in full. One would assume this is because MG get the cars on the road and registered (so show as a sale = fastest growing brand and all that rubbish) in 'owners' names far quicker than traditional sales (gov't pays the deposit via the EV bonus scheme and lessor pays just 99€/month) and in 2 years MG gets a good stock of low kilometer (24,000 limit), well maintained vehicles into the dealer network. If we wanted to lease it, we could probably get it back on our original March delivery date.

So, on Saturday we're off to the Skoda dealer as they have an Enyaq IV Sportline RS in stock, waiting to be registered. It's insanely more than the MG but one of the very few EVs in France that's in stock, ready and waiting to be registered - we looked about, almost everyone is showing similar delivery times (even Tesla is showing November delivery dates for the Model 3 now!).

Somewhat peeved ......

Trust me that plan will not guarantee they don't register towards the end of the month. You need to give them clear instructions that you will not accept car if they register it on 71.
On every new car I have got it has got registered on time of pick up and get a choice of reg well the last 3 letters anyway as its registered to you unless you have agreed to buy a pre registered car then your technically the 2nd owner?

On every new car I have got it has got registered on time of pick up and get a choice of reg well the last 3 letters anyway as its registered to you unless you have agreed to buy a pre registered car then your technically the 2nd owner?
I only ever got to pick the reg number on one of the brand new cars I bought, and The Trophy Long-range will be the 5th brand new car I've bought! I was the first registered keeper on all of them. A pre-registered car is one that the garage has registered to themselves first. AFAIK the car is registered to the customer after the PDI, and the deposit has been paid. Maybe @Sam Luscombe or @Miles Roberts CG could confirm or deny that statement?!! :)

I'm not sure what the accurate way is for the dealer to do things, but this is why I made it very plain I won't be accepting the car on a 71 plate.

That may have been your experience so good luck. Just trying to ensure you are not disappointed. Its rare now to be given reg choices and dealers like to register as soon as possible as that triggers payment to them. Hope you have a good outcome.

1645095780945.png

I am pritty sure a dealer will not register a car on the dvla website until delivery date cos until that point you can cancel yes probably at a cost but that leaves them with a taxed and registered car which don't matter as much in todays climate strong prices for 2nd hand cars but this close to a new reg a 2nd hand 22 plate will get a better price than a 71

I am pritty sure a dealer will not register a car on the dvla website until delivery date cos until that point you can cancel yes probably at a cost but that leaves them with a taxed and registered car which don't matter as much in todays climate strong prices for 2nd hand cars but this close to a new reg a 2nd hand 22 plate will get a better price than a 71
Not my experience I bought a BMW X1 for deliver Jan so they said it would be delivered Jan 5th 2021, when I picked it up it had been registered 30th Dec 2020. Look if you're happy it won't happen good luck, not bothered if you agree just letting you know what happened to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mg5 was registered today as a 22 plate. So it's definitely possible as of today.

My mg5 was registered today as a 22 plate. So it's definitely possible as of today.
Yes I do believe the car can be issued/ allocated with a plate 2 weeks b4 hand but the actual registration did not think would happen till delivery day
Anyway that's cool when do you pick up?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom