MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

losing patience now, so good luck hope you are right and I'm wrong despite it happening to me. When you sell it will make a difference even if its only one day Its a perception thing for most buyers same plate but different year of registration.

over here in Ireland , the year of registration is on the number plate , been this way since 1987 though they changed it in 2013 to a biannual registration so take this year , cars purchased since January have 221 on the plate but after July 1st , Cars will have 222 on the plate

next year it will be 231 for the first six months and 232 for the second half of next year

" different strokes " as they say

Yes I do believe the car can be issued/ allocated with a plate 2 weeks b4 hand but the actual registration did not think would happen till delivery day
Anyway that's cool when do you pick up?
Dealers picking me up on this way to work on Tuesday 1st March. So I'll be driving away in it by 10am.

over here in Ireland , the year of registration is on the number plate , been this way since 1987 though they changed it in 2013 to a biannual registration so take this year , cars purchased since January have 221 on the plate but after July 1st , Cars will have 222 on the plate

next year it will be 231 for the first six months and 232 for the second half of next year

" different strokes " as they say
I like it like that as you probably know here the 1st part of the year is march 22reg the September will be 72reg

losing patience now, so good luck hope you are right and I'm wrong despite it happening to me. When you sell it will make a difference even if its only one day Its a perception thing for most buyers same plate but different year of registration.

My dealer are actively putting people off from registering this week or next unless they're absoloutley desperate, as you say it's perception and by the book a 71 plate is valued for anything that was registered 1st September through to 28th Feb and will have a lower value than a 22 plate car. Your warning should be heeded, some dealers are just not as 'customer first' oriented.

Last edited:
My dealer are actively putting people off from registering this week or next unless they're absoloutley desperate, as you say it's perception and by the book a 21 plate is valued for anything that was registered 1st September through to 28th Feb and will have a lower value than a 22 plate car. Your warning should be heeded, some dealers are just not as 'customer first' oriented.
I think you mean 71

The benefit of the edit button! - I blame being tired and thinking it's Friday.

On every new car I have got it has got registered on time of pick up and get a choice of reg well the last 3 letters anyway as its registered to you unless you have agreed to buy a pre registered car then your technically the 2nd owner?
I have purchased about five pre-registered by the dealer, cars over the years and found them to be good value for money.
It has made very little difference to the selling price at a later date.
Dealers SHOULD register the car on the day of collection, after the payment has usually been done in advance of the collection day.
Unlikely that a dealer will register the car prior, just in case there is a last minute hitch with the payment, then effectively they have a 1 owner car to sell on at a discounted rate.

Last edited:
Just paid deposit for mine. Told they have a black and red on way expected in a couple of weeks so gone red. They know I'm not fussed if a delay but I do see they have put a delivery date of June on my paperwork and same mg dealer has put same car red on auto trader for Feb/march delivery. I guess possibly if they get a buyer for immediate car I may be postponed.

Just paid deposit for mine. Told they have a black and red on way expected in a couple of weeks so gone red. They know I'm not fussed if a delay but I do see they have put a delivery date of June on my paperwork and same mg dealer has put same car red on auto trader for Feb/march delivery. I guess possibly if they get a buyer for immediate car I may be postponed.
Which dealer if you don't mind me asking? Cheers.

Always wondered why can't they just register vehicles according to calendar year? Say 1st of Jan to 31st Dec. 21, 22, 23 etc. no 5, 6, 7, 8 September onward...
They used to initially, but because it was new years day, a bank holiday, it was difficult to get cars ready and paid for.

It was also causing a bulk of cars to be purchased on a yearly schedule when the new reg launched. The 6 monthly schedule gives them 2 smaller peaks.

Just had an email re our delivery it has been pushed back until the 15/05/22 from last months update of the 8/05/22 and originally was March. Silver trophy LR 😔

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom