MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Anyone looking to snag a standard range will be over the moon:

Meanwhile the long range wait goes on šŸ˜

Just had the latest email from my dealer. ZS Trophy Connect ordered 3rd Dec 21. First delivery date March 2022, then 3/5/2022, now3/6/2022.....yawn.
I've just been going through the process of finding a lease and every lease company that i've spoken to is saying the next shipment with available cars will be June so this ties in with what you've been told i'm afraid

The dealer system is pre-configured to give a date x weeks in advance as a placeholder. If every day they check it advances another day, it's not a solid date. They can usually see loads of cars with the same date which is another giveaway.
That's fits with what I was told, and saw on screen when I went popped into a dealership...November orders all with the same June placeholder date which can change on a dime, and could possibly deliver earlier depending on shipping and allocation by MG

Just got an email about saying new date change from May to 03/06/2022. At this point Jan 2023 service on old MG ZS will happen before I get it.

Hopefully no new extension but at least they are updating as they know dates.

Last edited:
Interesting..... From the MG website

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-18-18-59-03-682_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-02-18-18-59-03-682_com.android.chrome.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 236
That'll be some smart dealers who spotted the demand and potential waiting times and got their own orders in early. Risky normally as they'd need the spare cash flow to pay for them and then they may not sell, but in the current market hardly a risk at all šŸ™‚

Such a Crazy system!! Doesn't really encourage those of us who ordered early!
I imagine some of the SR being thrown up for sale were originally intended to be demo cars.

When it comes to LR, we know there are dealers who ordered 1st November but haven't allocated those cars to a customer yet, so someone ordering today may well receive their car before you depending on how many cars each dealer receives from a shipment...

For the life of me I can't figure out MG's distribution system - and I'm not sure how many dealers are 100% certain either šŸ˜†

I feel that this latest incoming batch of SR models, are the follow up cars AFTER the first wave of LR models that hit the U.K. a few months ago.
Remember, the very first batch of cars where all LR models, used to announce the launch of the face lift model.
There are roughly 150 dealers in the UK and the vast majority of these, all received 2 face lift models each, mainly Trophy I-connect and few Trophy's and SE models.
One of the main attractions of the new face lift model ( to original Gen1 owners ) was that it was going to offer the larger 72 kwh battery pack.
Even larger than it's closest rivals like the 64 kwh Kona & E.Nero.
I think they expected that some owners of the Gen1 model, would be interested in upgrading, so pushed out the LR model first.
So, I guess it comes no surprise that the ZS EV launch cars where all LR models, which then would be followed up with a second batch of new SR models.
It is my belief that SOME of the dealers will either now sell on their face lift Demo LR models and replace it with a SR model of similar spec.
Or hang on to the Demo LR model for a little while longer and sell on the now arriving SR models to create some much needed cash flow.
Once these SR models have all sold, then I think the next batch we are likely to see, are the first wave of customers orders coming through, but when is the big question ?.
Some of the larger dealerships MAY have already "jumped the gun" and gone ahead and placed orders for cars, that originally did not have customers names set against them, at the time of them placing the dealer order with the factory.
As the orders rolled in, customers names would have been matched up with the list of orders already placed maybe ?.

I was told that some dealers placed false orders just to get cars in, now MG are sorting out the real orders from the fake ones, so the right customers get the orders not just greedy dealerships.

I feel that this latest incoming batch of SR models, are the follow up cars AFTER the first wave of LR models that hit the U.K. a few months ago.
Remember, the very first batch of cars where all LR models, used to announce the launch of the face lift model.
There are roughly 150 dealers in the UK and the vast majority of these, all received 2 face lift models each, mainly Trophy I-connect and few Trophy's and SE models.
One of the main attractions of the new face lift model ( to original Gen1 owners ) was that it was going to offer the larger 72 kwh battery pack.
Even larger than it's closest rivals like the 64 kwh Kona & E.Nero.
I think they expected that some owners of the Gen1 model, would be interested in upgrading, so pushed out the LR model first.
So, I guess it comes no surprise that the ZS EV launch cars where all LR models, which then would be followed up with a second batch of new SR models.
It is my belief that SOME of the dealers will either now sell on their face lift Demo LR models and replace it with a SR model of similar spec.
Or hang on to the Demo LR model for a little while longer and sell on the now arriving SR models to create some much needed cash flow.
Once these SR models have all sold, then I think the next batch we are likely to see, are the first wave of customers orders coming through, but when is the big question ?.
Some of the larger dealerships MAY have already "jumped the gun" and gone ahead and placed orders for cars, that originally did not have customers names set against them, at the time of them placing the dealer order with the factory.
As the orders rolled in, customers names would have been matched up with the list of orders already placed maybe ?.
@Miles Roberts CG might be able to shed some light on this theory. All I know is I'm becoming increasingly annoyed at the apparent hap hazard way cars are being allocated and delivered.

When the order is first placed, the PICG grant has to be applied for straight away.
The PICG grant can only be applied to a customers order form, is my understanding.
Some dealers ( not Chorley ) where slow applying for the PICG grant after receiving the customers order, therefore missing the dead line.
Miles has already commented on the forum, that the main aim was to ensure that any chip shortages did not impact the first wave of LR models into the U.K.
They gave priority to the LR in order to attract sales, then the next objective was to follow this up with the wave of the SR face lift models, in the very same way.
The wait for cars is very frustrating, but it is the same across all manufacturers right now.
Many are stating 9 to 12 month waiting lists on a LOT of models.

That's exactly how it was for some. At the end of the day, in this climate I expect to wait 4 months minimum...it is what it is. If it's before that, then party is on!

Maybe though, MG could've timed the LR launch for when they had more cars actually ready to roll.

HA HA

From May to June. not much but later than the March at first.

I hope they keep the quote for my old MG because I adding 35+ commute miles a day.
Residuals are likely to stay strong while we have this massive shortage / availability of new cars.
I have valued my current MG at the time of placing the order for our new car.
The price has stayed solid for the last three months.
Dealers are confident that prices are not likely to shift too greatly at the moment.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom