MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That sounds a bit fishy to me ?????.
The question I have is this, did the dealer apply for the grant STRAIGHT away !.
If they applied for it straight away, when you placed the order, then why are they referring too grants made in December, when the grant had decreased ?.
That makes no sense to me at all ???.
My p/w is dated 17 Nov. but I have asked the Q, L. will publish reply

The question I have is this, did the dealer apply for the grant STRAIGHT away !.
If they applied for it straight away, when you placed the order, then why are they refering too grants made in December, when the grant had decreased ?.
I'm not sure the application has to go in with the order - but with delivery. All that is needed is the paperwork proving the order contract date. Bureaucracy in processing...

Ahh... not getting the car tomorrow -
From the dealer...
"The car is here and ready to go, but I had notification through yesterday from MG regarding some of the £2500.00 Government Grant applications.

I am being told that MG are still awaiting clearance from OZEV on all the car grants that were applied for during December. (The period when the grant dropped from £2500.00 to £1500.00)"
I ordered the car in November and applied for the higher grant (2500) seemingly a huge backlog on ALL EV purchases not just MG so...have to cool the heels :-(
Could be worse -could be waiting on a visa!
I’d need a few buckets of ice to cool my heels with that news at this late hour Eddie:-((. Good luck - hope it’s an early but very wicked April fool prank.

If they applied for it straight away, when you placed the order, then why are they refering too grants made in December, when the grant had decreased ?.
I'm not sure the application has to go in with the order - but with delivery. All that is needed is the paperwork proving the order contract date. Bureaucracy in processing...

No, the order has to be logged in the government portal ASAP, the dealer then has 9 months in which to claim, which has to be on/after delivery.

But the dealer can also request extension to 9 months. It seems some dealers are better than others with the paperwork

Miles has reported that customers of the Chorley Group, they aim to process the grant paperwork within 24 Hrs of receiving the customers actual order for the car.
If others have delayed in applying for the grant, then when it was suddenly reduced overnight, then somebody is likely to be very disappointed !.

Response from dealer:
"The grant was applied for at the start of December, they would not do them straight away. The admin girls would normally do them in a batch twice a month for all franchises at Irvine.

I will chase the MG chap up again in the morning for an update."

Response from dealer:
"The grant was applied for at the start of December, they would not do them straight away. The admin girls would normally do them in a batch twice a month for all franchises at Irvine.

I will chase the MG chap up again in the morning for an update."
My gut reaction just told me that something did not sound right.
The way I understand the statement above, it is clear that the grant WAS not submitted until after the PICG grant had been reduced then ?.
That is leaving somebody standing the cost now !.
Make it clear, it will not be yourself.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom