MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

The first 2 are stopping in shanghai so my theroy is they will probably be dropping off, but they wont want to take a half empty boat all the way to Europe so a few my get loaded on for transport.

I agree the last 2 are the best hope.
The first 2 called at Singapore, not Shanghai. :)

Looking at the Port arrivals Due looks like these 4 have potential:

HOEGH TRAPPER Due 24/03
CAPE TOWN HIGHWAY Due 25/03
DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY Due 10/04
IGUAZU HIGHWAY due 22/04

Hopefully, as May has be mentioned a lot as delivery dates one of these hopefully has LR's on it.
Its the hope that kills you…

I ordered a ZS LR in white on 3rd November. Don't get how people are getting their cars before others who ordered earlier when we were told that deliveries would be on a first come first served basis. Still no idea when mine is going to be delivered.
Did you order the Trophy or the Trophy Connect? I ordered the Trophy on 3rd Jan and collected it 21st March. I asked the dealer about other models/colours and he said the connect needed a specific chip that was not being produced fast enough and he had no idea when the other colours were available. If you ordered the Trophy then I would call your dealer and ask him what is happening. I never thought to ask my dealer if I was getting one that was available due to someone else cancelling, I will ask that question when I take my MK1 in for it's service next month.

Been using a hire car today as I sold mine and needed to do some work journeys. Was sent a Kona which was my first actual foray into EV driving 'on an average day'. OMG. I am so excited. The power blew my mind but everything was just so...easy!!!! Even better, I'm proving FIL wrong who is anti-EV..

A relative was told today, at his local dealership that MG are raising their prices in about 6 days time !.
No mention of the size of the increase yet !.
Anybody thinking of placing an order, I would contact their dealer to confirm this fact ASAP.

Just spotted this for sale on Facebook if anyone is interested...

Let's all ask him if he actually has one for sale 😁

Hi All,
My Dealer like many others are strugling to come up with new stories,
but on a recent visit I was told there was no sign of any planned build
schedule for ZS EV's.
My only hope is that there is a large stock of built cars sitting waiting
for chips to be fitted and shipped.
DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY Due Portbury 10th April
IGUAZU HIGHWAY Due Portbury 22nd April

Suppose the question is whether its…

A) dealer bullshit
B) MGUK bullshit
C) dealer/MGUK don’t know or haven’t checked
D) SAIC bullshit
E) Geniune supply & shipping problems
F) unprecedented demand- launching the right car with the right spec at the right price at the tipping point where EVs become mainstream

Or my personal favourite (edit- and closer to the truth) G) a blend of all of the above

Place your bets!

Last edited:
Haha let's take things in our hands and collect community funds to hire a transporter 😁
I mean I am not averse to just getting the train down there and picking mine up lmao. I sold my car yesterday to not lose any value on it (recently increased in value by 1500) so I am carless currently until mine arrives

I think it will arrive before that somehow ????.
God I hope so, being without a car is rough, I have a motorcycle, but it’s just not as convenient, 15 minutes either side to get changed is a pain, and shopping is difficult, even for small things. Going to speak to my dealership tomorrow and let them know I won’t be trading in now and see if they have an updated eta.

I am confused that my dealer states received paperwork for my car to be delivered last Wednesday (Reg, chassis number ect) and it still has not arrived. They don’t appear to be chasing this with the transporter company and say they aren’t linked with them. They’re hoping for this week but can’t say for sure. The lack of communication between MG, dealers, transporters ect seems very strange. You would think with 15 missing vehicles that should have been there last week they would want to know what’s going on and to get the sales through.. apparently not!

Anyone else experienced this?

I am confused that my dealer states received paperwork for my car to be delivered last Wednesday (Reg, chassis number ect) and it still has not arrived. They don’t appear to be chasing this with the transporter company and say they aren’t linked with them. They’re hoping for this week but can’t say for sure. The lack of communication between MG, dealers, transporters ect seems very strange. You would think with 15 missing vehicles that should have been there last week they would want to know what’s going on and to get the sales through.. apparently not!

Most of us :mad:

Today is promised delivery day for me. Lets see how long it takes to tell me its not here.
Good luck
I am confused that my dealer states received paperwork for my car to be delivered last Wednesday and it still has not arrived. They don’t appear to be chasing this with the transporter company and say they aren’t linked with them. They’re hoping for this week but can’t say for sure. The lack of communication between MG, dealers, transporters ect seems very strange. You would think with 15 missing vehicles that should have been there last week they would want to know what’s going on and to get the sales through.. apparently not!

I agree this attitude, of it will turn up when it turns up is getting on my nerves, and does not come across as very professional, I know that there's issues but consistent and honest communication is the key

Good luck

I agree this attitude, of it will turn up when it turns up is getting on my nerves, and does not come across as very professional, I know that there's issues but consistent and honest communication is the key
I know, I think customer service wise they should be honest and make things clear from the outset. I was guaranteed 20th March would be the latest date I would receive the car. I have been calling the dealership daily so I am sure they are getting annoyed with me, and yesterday told me they couldn’t tell me anymore information than they had. Which is that they basically don’t know when the car will arrive but it should arrive sometime this week. Not really sure what more I can do, but they don’t seem to sense why I am a little irritated. I was made to feel stupid for thinking they may be able to chase it with the transporter company. I didn’t think that was unreasonable..

We need to start issuing penalty clauses for every day the car is late as they've done in construction for years. I'm suggesting £100 a day. My delivery was put back from April 25th to some time in June so there's 3 grand at least off the price 🤔
Could be time for a little side competition to see who of us has the biggest push back for the largest cash back 😜

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom