MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Come from Korea through suez then Spain then portbury so prob no mg on it . But brilliant picture nice to see portbury dock starting to fill back up with vehicles
Looks like it came from Singapore, not Shanghai
Splendid ace came from Shanghai to portbury docks according to AIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the promised "it's in the country and waiting transport, be with you by end of march" failed to materialize. Called the dealer and they have now given up giving any indication of delivery date. It's not just the supply chain that needs improved it's the information flow to dealers and customers. Meantime I'll continue to shell out £'s on liquid dinosaur. Not good.

Well the promised "it's in the country and waiting transport, be with you by end of march" failed to materialize. Called the dealer and they have now given up giving any indication of delivery date. It's not just the supply chain that needs improved it's the information flow to dealers and customers. Meantime I'll continue to shell out £'s on liquid dinosaur. Not good.
I have lost faith in my dealer, with the very limited information they give me or want to tell me so I have contacted MG UK directly.
They were very quick in getting in touch and have taken all my information and told me they will investigate and get back to me ASAP.
All I want to is has my order been built is it on its way or its not even been built anything other than its been pushed back and when you ask why you get the head in the and act

When I put down my deposit on 6th January with JustEV's, I was initially told end of February, beginning of March. I sent an email on Wednesday for an update and got a reply this morning.

I have just spoken with the MG supply team, they have advised me delivery is still challenging but expect to have the next batch delivered in approximately 8weeks. We are in constant contact with them so if anything changes I shall let you know.

At this stage I will contact you again by email in 2 weeks but if you do have any questions at all just let me know.

Not too bothered as I have my Kona and a guaranteed trade in price. Oh, and it will be the time of year for the sunroof (always a silver lining :))

When I put down my deposit on 6th January with JustEV's, I was initially told end of February, beginning of March. I sent an email on Wednesday for an update and got a reply this morning.

I have just spoken with the MG supply team, they have advised me delivery is still challenging but expect to have the next batch delivered in approximately 8weeks. We are in constant contact with them so if anything changes I shall let you know.

At this stage I will contact you again by email in 2 weeks but if you do have any questions at all just let me know.

Not too bothered as I have my Kona and a guaranteed trade in price. Oh, and it will be the time of year for the sunroof (always a silver lining :))
How would a 6th January order ever have had a chance of being delivered in February? It would have to leave China on the same day. The problem is, once somebody has told a blatant lie like that, it's difficult to believe anything else they say.

Just had an update from my dealer and they have said. "MG have given dealers until the 8th May to cancel any false orders that they have placed or change the order to "stock" otherwise fines will be applied. This should filter out the genuine customer orders from the dealers hoping to secure stock for immediate sale on the forecourt. Hopefully this will make cars available to genuine sales."
My car is still not showing as in production, ordered 4th November.

I've been looking at other vehicles through my company car scheme. I noticed that MG vehicles are no longer available through the scheme. I guessing that was the leasing company's decision.

How would a 6th January order ever have had a chance of being delivered in February? It would have to leave China on the same day. The problem is, once somebody has told a blatant lie like that, it's difficult to believe anything else they say.
Not sure about purchases, but a lot of lease sites had the ZS EV LR showing as 'in stock'. Which likely meant 'in the pipeline and due to arrive end of Feb'. Obviously since then everything has seen delay after delay.
Those who ordered in November/December were mostly told quarter 1 2022. People within that who then cancelled, left a car ordered with no buyer so lease companies came in and bought them and took the same estimated delivery date - not knowing that MG were talking rubbish about delivery dates.
That's my 2 pence anyway.

Not sure about purchases, but a lot of lease sites had the ZS EV LR showing as 'in stock'. Which likely meant 'in the pipeline and due to arrive end of Feb'. Obviously since then everything has seen delay after delay.
Those who ordered in November/December were mostly told quarter 1 2022. People within that who then cancelled, left a car ordered with no buyer so lease companies came in and bought them and took the same estimated delivery date - not knowing that MG were talking rubbish about delivery dates.
Interesting theory which tallies with my experience.

Not sure if SAIC give a t0ss, but MGUK are either dense, got their head in the sand or (one would hope) worried that a PR disaster is beginning to happen

Like the theory, but I can’t imagine a large volume of cancellations. There’s very little out there that meets the combination of space, range and price.

Because JustEVs ordered a batch of cars from MG last year at the first opportunity. They then sold this first batch of cars to customers (myself included) until about mid January. So in theory we should be getting our cars in the first wave at the same time as the first orders direct with MG dealers.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom