MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just looking thought Face book and came across an ad for MG ZS EV, that said “now your talking” and I thought yes your right, I’m talking about how long the bloody thing is taking to come..🤣🤣

It's Amazing how the dealer above can say that there's over a 1,000 cars on the next shipment when for months we've been getting told they don't have a clue when they are getting cars let's hope they meant 1,000 MGs and not cars in general 😂

Had an update from my dealership, not the whole message just pertinent stuff for this thread.......

As much as is possible, I want to keep you updated with the progress of your order for an MG ZS EV Long Range. I apologise that these updates haven’t been as frequent as you may like, but we simply hadn’t been afforded any more information.

As you are aware, the timelines provided by MG when the car launched have slipped somewhat and the global supply of components has worsened, badly impacting the supply of electric vehicles especially. The situation for EVs, most of which are produced in China, has been further compounded by the recent outbreak of COVID-19 in China and their subsequent lockdown.

ZS EV LR’s are being built and are reaching our shores in very small numbers. Circa 100 cars arrived in March and have been distributed, but in those volumes, not even at a rate of 1 per dealer.

Whilst production is still a huge challenge, MG UK have successfully lobbied the factory to send proportionally more cars than planned to the UK to attempt to meet the unprecedented demand, so 5,000 incremental cars will arrive in 2022.

Put simply, I still cannot give you any cast-iron assurances over when your car will arrive. I can, however, assure you that everyone throughout the supply chain is motivated to deliver the cars as quickly as possible.

I will continue to send these updates to all 800+ customers we have awaiting ZS EV LR’s when we have any wider information to share, but given the sheer volume, moving forward, it’s only possible to update individuals on their order when we get a material change to your order status (ie, we can give you a more concrete ETA based on your car being shipped).

don't think there's anything else the dealerships can do and all we can do is wait. It's going to be a long one....😒

I see a lot of ZS EV reviews on YouTube for it in India, I guess it’s just been released there, hello to you all and welcome to the wait list…

i think if I see another video that tells me that you push to open the charger port and unclick the charger “like this” I think I’ll scream…

Think I may have been taken for a ride but not in an mg had e mail of mg uk they said if I sent my 10 digit ref number they would chase up my delivery. Never brough a new car before so didn't know really how things worked. Well found out I haven't got a 10 digit ref number. Only a stock number so I'm of to the dealers tomorrow as I'm led to believe all stock car orders have to be cancelled already waited 5 month.

If that is 800+ customers awaiting a ZS EV LR from a single dealer then the 5000 cars coming this year are not going to fulfil all of our orders.
Yup.

Thing is though, this is not unique to MG, this is the same situation across the whole new car market and is knocking on to the secondhand market too. There's not much secondhand available and what there is available is well overpriced.

Think I may have been taken for a ride but not in an mg had e mail of mg uk they said if I sent my 10 digit ref number they would chase up my delivery. Never brough a new car before so didn't know really how things worked. Well found out I haven't got a 10 digit ref number. Only a stock number so I'm of to the dealers tomorrow as I'm led to believe all stock car orders have to be cancelled already waited 5 month.
I did the same as you and recived the same email asking for a 10 digit number which I to cannot find. I only have the dealer vehicle sales order form with the 6 digit order number. I haven't taken it any further as yet.

I did the same as you and recived the same email asking for a 10 digit number which I to cannot find. I only have the dealer vehicle sales order form with the 6 digit order number. I haven't taken it any further as yet.
Will let you know what rubbish the dealers tell me tomorrow 😒

Ask your dealer for it, should be easy to find. I took down mine at the time so I can keep a track

Probably not the right topic to post this?

But she’s finally here! 🤩

57A24FDD-6238-4874-A8FE-C2687B19743D.jpeg

C7E2F432-BBDC-420D-A612-799A25F40CEF.jpeg

6EDB976E-DD2A-40CE-BC42-C210CA13115D.jpeg

Thank you for the advise will ask them but paperwork I've got just say stock number
Yep, my paperwork only has a stock number too. The 10 digit ref wasn't printed anywhere - it's the one I took note of when they put my name to a build in the system they use for MG (the one where they can see the car status).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom