MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

OK, I have just had an email from my supplier (I'm buying through Tusker salary sacrifice and they have sourced the dealership).

Apparently my date of May that has not shifted since ordering in Jan, despite weekly updates on my account online, is possibly not correct.

A 'glitch on the MG system ' means it is now not even showing a build date for my car. If this is the case I am absolutely fuming. I have been told to contact them on Thursday for an accurate update.

Arrrrggghhhh

Thanks Ozzie.

drive green highway…13th April. (Not long now)
Iguazu highway…21st April
Neptune Ace…18th April

any idea how long it takes to unload? Any idea how long it takes for the dealership to ready the car..

Do you feel lucky?..
I have read on the MG ZS forum member order tracker post no EV's on the DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY or NEPTUNE ACE. How true I dont know.

We now have 140+ entries on spreadsheet, I just hope anyone receiving their order
don't get carried away with it and forget to leave an update message.
My dealer advised that there were no EV's on the DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY or
NEPTUNE ACE so I would love to hear different.

I have read on the MG ZS forum member order tracker post no EV's on the DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY or NEPTUNE ACE. How true I dont know.
My dealer said no cars coming in April nor May, next shipment is at least 8 weeks away, which is believable.

All mg orders will state delivery September and only when your car as been built or on the ship will the date changed to an earlier date. That is the only way the dealers know that your car is on its way. Ordered mine 1st November and delivery kept saying September a week ago it changed to the 8th May. Dealer said it takes approx 38 days from shanghai. So he knows that my mg is on a vessel right know that's the only way dealers know. I've ordered petrol so cannot say if there are any EV on the vessels that are arriving. Also keep eye on grand victory that's also been to shanghai fir 25hrs in port .

A couple of points to add to recent messages... MG built and opened a brand new factory for EVs within the last year I believe. As far as I know just for the local market and not for export to Europe.

And when the big boat of Standard Range AS EVs landed in Bristol a couple of months ago they hit the showrooms around 2 weeks later after their pre sales check over and spruce up.

Just to get the newcomers here up to speed a little.

My order was October 19 and no car till August that’s what MG say
You must be one of the longest waiting, I ordered beginning of November, I still don’t have a built date, never mind a delivery date. I don’t understand, how when I ordered in November I don’t have a built date, but people who ordered after me have delivery dates. May be these dates are to keep people happy??

You must be one of the longest waiting, I ordered beginning of November, I still don’t have a built date, never mind a delivery date. I don’t understand, how when I ordered in November I don’t have a built date, but people who ordered after me have delivery dates. May be these dates are to keep people happy??
I am in the same boat (no pun). I ordered Nov too, and car not built yet. I wonder if most of the MG ZS cars that are here are SR not LR as MG had a stock built before the launch of that model; so some were ready. I know there are one or two LR's about, some dealer demos and one or two that have actually been built for customers. I am fairly sure the dealers know very little and only get three dates from MG that they can rely on, namely, built, shipped, and a landed. The ETA dates are simply 4 months from now and until a built date pops up it is largely conjecture. Congrats if you have one, they do exist, and for the rest it is a waiting game. There is a good order tracker thread.

I'm intrigued that local assembly is an option these days, but I guess it relieves the pressure from the main MG factories. Is the Indian assembly largely automated do you know?
I think it was more of a pressure from the Indian government to manufacture in India than to relieve stress from MG's factories.

I wouldn't have any information on the automation levels in the plant.

Got a call from Vanarama yesterday stating there is a meeting with MG at the end of April which may shed more light on the current delay. So as things stand they are still stating September (Nov 21 order date).

Just had a phone call from Tilsun leasing company
last update they had from MG was 11/3/2022 stating orders from Jan moved from April to end June.

also informed they get 3 types of notice from MG .
1 allocated/built.
2 shipped.
3 arrive at port uk.

from build been informed takes 6-8 weeks shipping then 2 weeks to go through checks pre delivery stuff to final delivery to customer.

waiting on further call to confirm where my car is up to ordered end jan begin feb 2022 with delivery mid june at time of placing order.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom