MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

My ZS EV Trophy LR ordered Dec 21. getting desporate and clutching at straws to the extent
that not only am I monitering Shipping Movements I have strarted looking at draught levels in
and out of port. DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY and NEPTUNE ACE both appear to have unloaded
quite a lot at Barcelona. IGUAZU HIGHWAY due 20th April with no more stops appears to
still be fully loaded 10 meters draught, any thoughts.
You should take a hiatus from forums and social medias. I would love to be wrong but no car's coming this month, or next.

My ZS EV Trophy LR ordered Dec 21. getting desporate and clutching at straws to the extent
that not only am I monitering Shipping Movements I have strarted looking at draught levels in
and out of port. DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY and NEPTUNE ACE both appear to have unloaded
quite a lot at Barcelona. IGUAZU HIGHWAY due 20th April with no more stops appears to
MGs on draught eh ? There’s a dream to conjure with 🤩

Cost, why do you think everything in China is made for buttons, the cost is profit, base material and like 10p an hour to the workers, the legit so cheap in costs its the norm over there, you could double their wages and they would be over the moon and still make a killing.
The only trouble with doubling third world countries workers wages is that it would ruin their economy

Just spoken to Stoneacre dealer in Nottingham as I have not had an update. I ordered 10th Jan and have been told that the system shows 25th July for delivery. Since November of last year they have had 2 ZS LR one of which sold was a showroom model (they said they were not supposed to sell it) and 3 ZS SR.

They also said that as cars start coming with the unallocated cars, they will go through the order list and call people up based on when they ordered, starting oldest first. There are around 70 ZS EV's on order and in total around 130 MGs on order that they are waiting for.

They said the lockdown may affect the delivery date but that they have not heard anything from MG as of yet.

Ordered my MG ZS EV LR 6th November. Original delivery due 14th March. Called today and apparently now showing as at sea and should be here by the end of May. Order from MG in Redditch. 🤞
I ordered from mg redditch too in jan. Hope mines on the ship too, but doubtful 🤨

OK, I have just had an email from my supplier (I'm buying through Tusker salary sacrifice and they have sourced the dealership).

Apparently my date of May that has not shifted since ordering in Jan, despite weekly updates on my account online, is possibly not correct.

A 'glitch on the MG system ' means it is now not even showing a build date for my car. If this is the case I am absolutely fuming. I have been told to contact them on Thursday for an accurate update.

Arrrrggghhhh
I also have an order through tusker. They are using luscombe as the dealership for mine. Delivery recently went from late May to now late August. I ordered 3rd December. It appears to be the dealer (luscombe) keeping the due date refreshed and sending updated emails.

They will also load as well as unload. So could potentially bring a load of Seat's and all the other vehicles built in Spain to Asia Market or even just from Spain to rest of Europe. In the UK they usually load UK brands obviously as well as vans, construction vehicles, trucks etc. Basically any vehicle built in the country to be exported so unlikely draught will change too much as empty space is money to be made!

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while now and feel the same frustration.
I ordered a ZS EV LR Trophy in Black from Arnold Clark MG Stirling on December 15th...original due date was March, then pushed to late May...just got an update today...pushed to October!! 🤦‍♂️
I was hoping to get my car in May/June as I ordered in Nov21. But if you are saying it’s October for you than I don’t think I will get mine in June than 😞

Why don’t the Chinese build a factory over here and then we could get our cars sooner?
Without trying to be at all disrespectful, the answer to your question could probably be deduced by considering why MG is now made in China rather than in Britain as it was for most of the 20th century. Honda did try to get Rover/MG production going again, only to give up and sell the brands to Nanjing in 2005.

Just spoken to Stoneacre dealer in Nottingham as I have not had an update. I ordered 10th Jan and have been told that the system shows 25th July for delivery. Since November of last year they have had 2 ZS LR one of which sold was a showroom model (they said they were not supposed to sell it) and 3 ZS SR.

They also said that as cars start coming with the unallocated cars, they will go through the order list and call people up based on when they ordered, starting oldest first. There are around 70 ZS EV's on order and in total around 130 MGs on order that they are waiting for.

They said the lockdown may affect the delivery date but that they have not heard anything from MG as of yet.
I ordered a Red HS Exclusive, the car was ordered in September 21 and there is still no delivery date for it, the dealer has had red Excite and Hybrids delivered and people who ordered after me have had their cars delivered so I just don’t understand what is happening.
The MG website said that the dealer was had a black HS Exclusive being delivered for stock so I managed to change my order to this car, now due at the beginning of May, hopefully.
Cars 2 Barnsley say they have 133 customers awaiting delivery and have stopped taking orders.

I don't know why I keep looking at these updates. I ordered LR Connect in Dec 21 for delivery March 22 which got pushed back to June. Every time I get nearer the date I read that people are getting told anything between August and October and the depression sets in again. If I'd have known how long this fiasco was going to go on when I ordered it I doubt I would have bothered.

Grand victory spent 12 hours in shanghai and 22 hours in Singapore but 20 hours of them wee bunkering on its way to the suez canal arrives 9th May in portbury so hopefully some mg on it

Hi, I've been following this thread for a while now and feel the same frustration.
I ordered a ZS EV LR Trophy in Black from Arnold Clark MG Stirling on December 15th...original due date was March, then pushed to late May...just got an update today...pushed to October!! 🤦‍♂️
ordered mine 17 December 21, told end of March, till it got to March, then told May?….I’m hopeful that it’ll be on one of the three ships that have docked, will have (one will do me) a silver ZS EV LR….well I can hope..

Delays and confusion are the name of the game with all brands down under in NZ and from what I read the rest of the world is in the same bucket. The really positive thing is that if you get yourself locked into today's price you will likely avoid the rapidly escalating prices that we can look forward to with inflation and demand both being so strong right around the world.

What a coincidence! But i find it strange they sold you a petrol one since Kelsey there told me yesterday that they’ve been told to stop selling petrol versions by MG, and she was so honest and forthcoming about the whole situation. It was the reason I ordered with them as opposed to Epsom dealership who were saying they will get stock in July.
The update was that their system still hasn’t locked on a delivery date and it’s probably looking like September/October although their system is showing July/August.
Sorry for the late reply.

They only had one petrol left in the colour that I ordered and that was at the end of March. It's funny because I also went to Epsom and they offered me a good deal and said that they had a few petrol cars coming in at the end of April which were the MG ZS 1.5 Exclusive if I was interested. It seems cars a coming in dribs and drabs with the dealerships finding out last minute.

My order form has given me an estimated date of the 31st August. We ordered a Mokka last year November with a delivery date of March which arrived in January. So you never know.

I visited MG in Stirling this morning to get a feel of the situation. Asked them the following questions....

Quote...
Question - If I order the MG5 today, when will I get delivery?
Answer - Nov or Dec 2022, Not earlier than that.
Question - Is the long wait due to the semi conductor chip issue?
Answer - No, the chip is not so much of the problem at the moment. The delay is due to the "wiring loom" which is manufactured in UKRAINE.
Question - Wow, this is the first time I am hearing that the Chinese are outsourcing the wiring loom production/assembly outside of China. Are all MG models's wiring loom's done in Ukraine?
Answer - I am not sure about all models, but he MG5's are done in Ukraine.
..... Unquote

I am not sure if this is a strategy of using Ukraine's current situation as an excuse for the delays to cover up the actual reasons for the delays.

I booked in Jan 2022 and doesn't seem like I will get my vehicle by the end of Dec 2022.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom