MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Yes aylesbury they have a few 5s as well
If this is Perry’s I also see they are selling 3 ZS EVs that are due for delivery shortly.

I have purchased an ICE from them, by taking over a stock order last week. Car is apparently at Portbury due for delivery next week.

Really doubt they’ve built any Connects at all in the last 6 months, other than the demos. They’re saving the chips for the European markets since we treasure islanders will not cancel or sue for delay compensation.
The contract small print usually states you can’t claim any delay compensation, so they know they’re covered already.

Right guys and girls I’m cancelling btw they do take £150 off the £500 deposit for admin. I said what admin has been done and they said it’s just for admin no explanation and the car isn’t even been built yet. Utter disgrace. Good luck though to whom stays for the long wait
It will be telephone calls, emails and completing the order form and now processing the cancellation. Most will just return the deposit in full, but some will deduct their admin costs. It’s probably in everyone’s small print with the dealer.

Right guys and girls I’m cancelling btw they do take £150 off the £500 deposit for admin. I said what admin has been done and they said it’s just for admin no explanation and the car isn’t even been built yet. Utter disgrace. Good luck though to whom stays for the long wait
I only had to pay a £250 deposit?…and £150 for admin, think there ripping you off…as you say, to do what?…we’re not in the 1950s where you had a women that have to sort though a filling cabinet, looking for your paperwork and filling it as a cancellation and then filling it somewhere else and sending the dealership a note it’s be cancelled etc, yes that would take time, but it’s all done with a push of a button on his PC…that doesn’t cost £150…

Last edited:
Get your bank involved and claim all the money back. No service rendered no payment. They can claim reasonable admin cost but has to be itemised. You paid with a credit card right? If not, go to small claim and complain to the Motor ombudsman. Costs them money to investigate at no cost to you.

Hi all, I ordered a ZS EV mid December through a leasing company. Was told March delivery, then Q2. But today I received this,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220422-183459_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220422-183459_Drive.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 459
That's at least honest. Half the issue of mg China is they don't want to disclose anything that be perceived as negative. So just sit there saying nothing

Get your bank involved and claim all the money back. No service rendered no payment. They can claim reasonable admin cost but has to be itemised. You paid with a credit card right? If not, go to small claim and complain to the Motor ombudsman. Costs them money to investigate at no cost to you.
Don’t think you need to do that, just ask for a break down of the admin costs? Just be as awkward as possible and hope they get fed up with you and just give you all your money back..

I only had to pay a £250 deposit?…and £150 for admin, think there ripping you off…as you say, to do what?…we’re not in the 1950s where you had a women that have to sort though a filling cabinet, looking for your paperwork and filling it as a cancellation and then filling it somewhere else and sending the dealership a note it’s be cancelled etc, yes that would take time, but it’s all done with a push of a button on his PC…that doesn’t cost £150…
I only had to pay a £99 deposit which is probably never to be returned in case of a cancellation. However cancelling is not an option at this point as all car brand manufacturers are on the same boat with 1yr+ timelines, and for those that are a one car household on a lease which is ending, not much else to do but patiently wait 😥

Just been down to my dealer and she checked the system and was able to tell me mine is built awaiting shipping.

Ordered start of December so happy to hear it's almost here.
How can they check if the car has been built? My dealer doesn’t have this info!

I'm thinking of advertising brand new MG Trophys for £10,000. I don't actually have any but I'll take your £99 deposits and give you a shout when I get some...... oh wait a minute 🤔😂😂

Haha, too true. What I don’t like as well is car dealerships not answering their phones. You would think that you were trying to give them thousands of pounds…

That's at least honest. Half the issue of mg China is they don't want to disclose anything that be perceived as negative. So just sit there saying nothing
Yeah, that comes from being state owned. The PRC are not known for being open and forthright. It took them months to admit there was a new virus on the loose.

I emailed the MG
call centre and quoted my 10 digit order number and received this today. Order for Trophy placed 15th Jan and original due on Monday 25th April
Mine was due this month also. If they're really going to push this out several months, I'll have no choice but to consider other options. I mean, it's not even in production yet let alone the additional shipping time :rolleyes:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom