MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I'm here as I wanted to find out if it was just us or if everyone had there car pushed back, Not just us then.
Ordered the EV SE end of November and was told 15 April, Then got phone call about 6 weeks before saying 1st September, So that translates into have no idea.
Not sure if it's gonna be different for us as it is a lease deal through Vanarama, We have two cars so in no rush and we will just wait and it turns up when it turns up, If ever, We had no intention of getting a new car and have never had a lease, But the deal was so good we just went for it, 10.000 miles a year, 3 months down, 1 year insurance,£250 cashback, Free charger and all for £260 a month, Would have been rude not to.

Is it just 5 of us on here?

According to TW, they've sold over 400 vehicles since 1st of November, but not received a single customer car yet...
I purchased with Tunbridge Well's too but for a ZS 1.0 Exclusive Petrol. At the time of purchase was told they had a car instock which obviously they don't and tallies up with what others have said about them making "dummy" orders and assigning them to customers.

Initially I was given an estimated dated in August but received an email on Friday saying that they do not know when my car will arrive.

I don't know if it's me but every time I see an MG ZS car I look at the number plate, and state "where's my car" with a little cry. I realise though that most of the cars I see are 69 plates or 70 so no new ones in my part of the country.

Nice chap at Wilson's Epsom did say that there were a few petrol 1.5 Exclusive petrols coming through at the beginning of this month. I was told from one of the many dealers that I have phoned within the last few months that they were stopping petrol orders and I think that is to concentrate on electric sales.

Last edited:
My concern is the part Ex value. I ordered on 8th Jan and we agreed a very generous part Ex on my current car based on handover by 31 May. I really think they will try and drop the offer substantially. Does anyone know where we stand legally? My car is ready to be handed over, it’s the dealer that can’t meet the agreement made (I.e give me the car I ordered on the date agreed)
I’ve part-chopped my Merc with MG way back in December 21 and was told it was a guaranteed price as long as it’s not been in a smash, they will take the hit on it (no pun) so as far as I’m concerned, that price is what I expect in my bank account when the MG turns up…haven’t you got paperwork to say how much was offered?…I have somewhere..

Heads up for anyone looking out for MG EVs out on the roads, or any other ev makes for that matter, the number plate has to have a green stripe at one end of it much like the blue with stars stripe we used to have when we were in the EU.

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_181534.jpg
    IMG_20220504_181534.jpg
    755 KB · Views: 172
Heads up for anyone looking out for MG EVs out on the roads, or any other ev makes for that matter, the number plate has to have a green stripe at one end of it much like the blue with stars stripe we used to have when we were in the EU.
I see it as a badge of honour, so I got a reel of green insulation tape and did my own. :)
20220508_151216.jpg

I see it as a badge of honour, so I got a reel of green insulation tape and did my own. :)
View attachment 8365
Lol sorry but just order a set off ebay or something set of plates £20 ish or if money is tight you can buy the green gel bit for £5 BTW you can get the green cap for the screws aswell

September is a feasible date, I believe that if they arrive early mg will hold it back till September to maximise new registrations and report back tot eh shareholders a act of recovery, along with the pac/aa reporting that the motor industry is on the road to recovery to drive more sales. its all about stats and profit/shareholders returns than communication and customer service. its really shocking. the level from MG, and its been worst than some of my colleagues feedback from their marques. think back to the pod case with miles and the executive in October last year when they were reporting the maximum growth and turnover for mg putting them in the best place, and they had enough chipset, of the LR, we had the foresight to order in loads and it won't really affect us really as we build our own, that what e said, but no one got their cars before jan, I do feel. cynical it may be, but the marque was aware of the reduction in the car allowance from government and wanted to claim as much as they could, hence they lied to us customers to get orders in before it was reduced. , I for one minute don't feel it was a surprise to the dealers. I would be keen to know if they got the allowance upfront on a confirmed order, they lare likely to jump on here and say no we get it when its registered, but I feel the government isn't going to sit on a pot of unallocated money.

I’ve part-chopped my Merc with MG way back in December 21 and was told it was a guaranteed price as long as it’s not been in a smash, they will take the hit on it (no pun) so as far as I’m concerned, that price is what I expect in my bank account when the MG turns up…haven’t you got paperwork to say how much was offered?…I have somewhere..
Ditto me, plus the £2,500 grant and the now declining value of second hand vehicles. Heard nothing from almost 8 weeks ago, but picked up here my salesman has dunabunk. Swithering with all the issues reported with the ZS, but - maybe they will be sorted the longer we have to wait. Such first world problems!

I do have the paperwork with the date of 31 May. They told me at the time that the part Ex value was based upon collecting the vehicle by end of May (Even though they initially told me it would likely be March) I have tried to press them for a definitive answer regarding the value after 31 May, all they say is they won’t rip me off!!
I note that Miles said on the last podcast that Px values are only valid for 30 days and that the dealer should not be held responsible as it is an MG problem and not the dealer!!
My response to that will be, I didn’t arrange a deal with MG direct but I have made a deal with the dealer. If he can’t supply then it’s not my issue. He will be breaking the contract, therefore I should t lose out. I know this is going to get messy and just trying to aim off now

I do have the paperwork with the date of 31 May. They told me at the time that the part Ex value was based upon collecting the vehicle by end of May (Even though they initially told me it would likely be March) I have tried to press them for a definitive answer regarding the value after 31 May, all they say is they won’t rip me off!!
I note that Miles said on the last podcast that Px values are only valid for 30 days and that the dealer should not be held responsible as it is an MG problem and not the dealer!!
My response to that will be, I didn’t arrange a deal with MG direct but I have made a deal with the dealer. If he can’t supply then it’s not my issue. He will be breaking the contract, therefore I should t lose out. I know this is going to get messy and just trying to aim off now
The other thing is, if they don’t stand by the px price, I think I’ll be as awkward as poss, selling my car privately and waiting for a good price, can’t see that they will want that, can’t sell the MG to anyone else as it’s in my name (if you know what I mean) I really don’t think there will be a problem, would they really like all the bad publicity, think BBC watchdog would run something…

have you got pcp on the current vehicle. My dealer has guaranteed my equity on the vehicle rather that the price !

talk in Ireland of January orders now not arriving until November , If this is confirmed , I think Il either order the new Renault Megane EV or the Hyundai Ioniq , Renault considerably cheaper by the looks of things and due in showrooms end of the year if ordered now
Not sure who your dealer is but I ordered from Linders in Finglas on 05/01/22, I was told April\May but 2 weeks later I was told outright November, and that was in January. I've been into the dealer 2 weeks ago and they are saying November still looks good for mine. They are telling new customers that any new orders are estimated for first quarter of 2023 for any new orders (no month, just first quarter)

have you got pcp on the current vehicle. My dealer has guaranteed my equity on the vehicle rather that the price !
My deal struck on Dec 1 was based on my Sportage PX being 4K more than the PCP settlement at that point. I discussed this with the salesman last week and he assured me they would honour this difference. Obviously the PX value has gone down, but every month I'm chucking nearly £500 payment into the PCP, so I'm assured it will all go to plan. Here's hoping.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom