MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It has been a long 7 months, my dealer has said my is estimated mid September #Team Red LR Connect.
Hope it all goes to plan - it'll be good to see a few more LR Connect coming through. Mine is still in bits at the factory, but others getting theirs gives me a bit of hope that it might actually materialise one day.

Whilst I don't disagree that's happening, I have contacted two dealers that definitely do have stock and were willing to sell. This was on SR models (as I'm waiting on an SR).

Luscombe is one of those.
We know that a follow up batch of SR models arrived a few weeks ago.
The Chorley group where offered 80+ cars to sell by MG.
They accepted every single one and sold the lot in less than two weeks.
Some people waiting for a LR switched out their order for a SR model to avoid waiting any longer.
The LR availability is a different story altogether.
A very small number of standard Trophy LR models arrived and these where quickly allocated to awaiting customers, most who had placed their orders in November.
My order for a blue LR Trophy was placed fairly early on the 12th November, the car arrived unexpectedly on the 12th of March.
How spooky 👻 is that !.
No follow up LR Trophy Connect models ( after the first wave of cars ) have arrived yet.
I find it very difficult to believe that any dealer has a LR Trophy model purely as a stock item TBH.
About two months back, MG instructed all dealers to withdraw all orders for cars that did NOT have a customers name already assigned to a real person.
Any dealers receiving “Ghost” orders would be fined £1,500 per order !.
This was to try and easy the huge back log of people waiting for their cars.
A few dealers had LR Demo models that they could move on and then replace them with a SR model.
If they also ordered a replacement LR model to replace the first demo they had just sold, then maybe they decided to offer that up for sale also !.
MG are WELL aware of the shortage of availability of ZS EV facelift models, as we already know they have stopped taking anymore orders until further notice.
I just can not see MG supplying any dealers with LR models carrying a “Stock” status.
If a LR did arrive and that customer had cancelled, then it should be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
Surely offering it up for sale to a walk-in customer ( at a higher price ) is just not acceptable really.
Remembering that any demo models should be at least 90 days old, before the dealer moves them on.

My latest update from mg

Thank you for the details and your patience!

Upon checking with the relevant team, we can see this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build, until production has been confirmed we cannot confirm an exact arrival date.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders. Rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Please continue to follow up with your purchasing dealership for delivery updates, in the meantime, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

So looks like a standard copy and paste response

We know that a follow up batch of SR models arrived a few weeks ago.
The Chorley group where offered 80+ cars to sell by MG.
They accepted every single one and sold the lot in less than two weeks.
Some people waiting for a LR switched out their order for a SR model to avoid waiting any longer.
The LR availability is a different story altogether.
A very small number of standard Trophy LR models arrived and these where quickly allocated to awaiting customers, most who had placed their orders in November.
My order for a blue LR Trophy was placed fairly early on the 12th November, the car arrived unexpectedly on the 12th of March.
How spooky 👻 is that !.
No follow up LR Trophy Connect models ( after the first wave of cars ) have arrived yet.
I find it very difficult to believe that any dealer has a LR Trophy model purely as a stock item TBH.
About two months back, MG instructed all dealers to withdraw all orders for cars that did NOT have a customers name already assigned to a real person.
Any dealers receiving “Ghost” orders would be fined £1,500 per order !.
This was to try and easy the huge back log of people waiting for their cars.
A few dealers had LR Demo models that they could move on and then replace them with a SR model.
If they also ordered a replacement LR model to replace the first demo they had just sold, then maybe they decided to offer that up for sale also !.
MG are WELL aware of the shortage of availability of ZS EV facelift models, as we already know they have stopped taking anymore orders until further notice.
I just can not see MG supplying any dealers with LR models carrying a “Stock” status.
If a LR did arrive and that customer had cancelled, then it should be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
Surely offering it up for sale to a walk-in customer ( at a higher price ) is just not acceptable really.
Remembering that any demo models should be at least 90 days old, before the dealer moves them on.
I am talking about SR stock. Dealers have SR stock.

I have been waiting 6 months for a Trophy Standard Range whilst these are currently available at one dealer if not two right now.

These are not demo models, brand new.

I am talking about SR stock. Dealers have SR stock.

I have been waiting 6 months for a Trophy Standard Range whilst these are currently available at one dealer if not two right now.

These are not demo models, brand new.
Then I would be asking the same question to your ordering dealer then ?.
If I was not satisfied with their answer, then I would have taken up the offer from either Miles or Sam who had been offered some extra SR models direct from MG themselves.
The Chorley group alone, had 80+ extra SR models offered to them and made this general knowledge on the pod cast.
I am sorry to say, but I do feel that some dealers are not trying as hard as others, to find alternative solutions to customers long wait times.
Vote with your feet !.
I know that Chorley do offer a delivery service also.
The LR models are different story of course !.

Where does this '90-day' rule for demonstrators come from?

I ordered a blue LR Trophy in January with expected delivery 25th April. Having had the delivery date put back twice I took matters into my own hands on April 26th and went looking for any ZS available. A local MG dealer had a red Trophy SR that he couldn't sell to me until it was 90 days old. He never said who's rule that was, but must have hinted that it was MGs. The day we met the car was 85 days old, so we struck a great deal and collected the following week, May 2nd.

It is anticipated delivery to the dealer. The first firm date I was given (once the car was showing as at sea) was 14 June. My car was on the Tranquil Ace (which docked at Portbury on 26 May) and is awaiting transport to the dealership, now expected on 8 June.
Which dealership is this as mine is also awaiting transport to dealership?

I ordered a blue LR Trophy in January with expected delivery 25th April. Having had the delivery date put back twice I took matters into my own hands on April 26th and went looking for any ZS available. A local MG dealer had a red Trophy SR that he couldn't sell to me until it was 90 days old. He never said who's rule that was, but must have hinted that it was MGs. The day we met the car was 85 days old, so we struck a great deal and collected the following week, May 2nd.
A lot of manufactures place this 90 day restriction on dealers selling on their demo models.
This happened to me once when a bought a VW Golf GTE in 2015.
The was ordered as a demo model by the dealer and then after about 6 weeks I enquired about buying it.
They said they could me figures on the exchange, but they could not release the car until after 90 days from the first date of registration.
The car was stored in the dealer compound for the next 5 - 6 weeks, before I could take delivery.

Is any salary sacrifice lease costumer received his car? mine was ordered back in November and now I'm not sure if direct costumers are not getting prioritised over the lease costumers... or even what is the logic behind the allocations.

Is there a large batch of LR trophies coming in soon? My date is now September (10 month wait and clocking) but I have a feeling there will be another delay!

Dealer called today to say that a car is due later this month a SR Trophy but in a different colour to one I chose, but I cant see and ships that are due into Bristol any time soon, are there some that am missing off my list that i am following on vessel finder?

DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY
IGUAZU HIGHWAY
NEPTUNE ACE
IVORY ARROW
MICHIGAN HIGHWAY
TRANQUIL ACE

Hello everybody, new in the game.
I ordered my "MG MOTOR UK ZS 115kW Trophy EV Long-Range 73kWh 5dr Auto" on the 13th of May with an initial ETA 31/10/2022.
After the 1st period of 2-week updates now ETA 30/11/2022.

My latest update from mg

Thank you for the details and your patience!

Upon checking with the relevant team, we can see this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build, until production has been confirmed we cannot confirm an exact arrival date.

The production challenges have also been compounded by the huge increase in interest for the Brand and therefore created an even larger amount of customer orders. Rest assured that we are doing everything we can in the UK as a Brand to fulfil all our customer orders at the earliest possible opportunity.

Please continue to follow up with your purchasing dealership for delivery updates, in the meantime, we continue to liaise closely with the teams in China on our orders and are transparent with the network on the information we receive.

Thanks again for taking your time contacting MG Motor, we hope the above information helps.

So looks like a standard copy and paste response
Indeed - received identical email. (Didn't know Brand was a proper name... 🤣)

Last edited:
Dealer called today to say that a car is due later this month a SR Trophy but in a different colour to one I chose, but I cant see and ships that are due into Bristol any time soon, are there some that am missing off my list that i am following on vessel finder?

DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY
IGUAZU HIGHWAY
NEPTUNE ACE
IVORY ARROW
MICHIGAN HIGHWAY
TRANQUIL ACE
The below were posted in this thread:
A couple more:

• Cape Town Highway - Due 30th June (12hrs in Shanghai)
  • Splendid Ace - Due 12th July (24hrs in Shanghai)
Another one to add to the list

* Adriatic Highway - Due in Bristol 25th June. She left Shanghai on the 22nd May after 26hr stopover.

DRIVE GREEN HIGHWAY
IGUAZU HIGHWAY
NEPTUNE ACE
IVORY ARROW
MICHIGAN HIGHWAY
TRANQUIL ACE
Last month I was told my car was on showing as at sea, expected at the dealership end of June. So sounds about right. I did have a nightmare last night though that it was a mistake and was banana yellow instead of black

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom