MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Then I would be asking the same question to your ordering dealer then ?.
If I was not satisfied with their answer, then I would have taken up the offer from either Miles or Sam who had been offered some extra SR models direct from MG themselves.
The Chorley group alone, had 80+ extra SR models offered to them and made this general knowledge on the pod cast.
I am sorry to say, but I do feel that some dealers are not trying as hard as others, to find alternative solutions to customers long wait times.
Vote with your feet !.
I know that Chorley do offer a delivery service also.
The LR models are different story of course !.
I have taken it up with the dealer and that's the answer they gave. They can't do it, and they have my exact car.

There is no voting with my feet here as I am buying this through my company work scheme. The only current stock cars they have at the moment are Tesla's - out of my price range.

Just got email below from my dealer - I wonder what my options will be? Going to call in on Friday to discuss. We ordered beginning of January.

Unfortunately MG Motor UK are still not able to give us a confirmed build date for your MG ZS EV TROPHY L/R which I fully appreciate will be disappointing for you. At this time your order is still showing as “shortage” without a build date.

Please give me a call when you are free to discuss your options

Here is my car
Screenshot_20220608-174921_Gallery.jpg

Sent my monthly email off to my friendly dealer :)

He apologised said he unfortunately didn’t have any information and said he sent a strongly worded email to MG UK head office. Ordered 1st week March, initially expected end of this month - it may turn up it may turn up it may not. Hopefully sooner rather than later as the Dino juice is becoming ridiculous in my area - £1.90/l last week!

Could you please tell me what is the status of the Nov 21 orders for the LR models? Any idea when Chorley customers might get them? Thanks
I ordered a Trophy LR from Chorley on the 12th Nov 21 and they called to say that the car was there on the 12th March 22.
We collected it on the 18th March.
I know Miles has said, that they where still working hard to satisfy LR customer orders made in Nov 21.
My own gut feeling would say, that you must be very close to a delivery date in the next batch of cars.

Hopefully sooner rather than later as the Dino juice is becoming ridiculous in my area - £1.90/l last week!
This unfortunately forms part of the whole problem of the shortages of EV's !.
Every time the price of fossil fuel rises, so does the demand for electric cars and more charging infrastructure !.
It's crazy to think that they where offering huge grant incentives to buy EV's only a short time ago.
Now, demand is totally outstripping the supply.

I ordered a Trophy LR from Chorley on the 12th Nov 21 and they called to say that the car was there on the 12th March 22.
I know Miles has said, that they where still working hard to satisfy LR customer orders made in Nov 21.
My own gut feeling would say, that you must be very close to a delivery date in the next batch of cars.
Wow, you are so lucky bud. Happy for you. I hope I get my car soon. Days feeling like months now! 😳

Currently drive a leaf 30. Lots of questions from work colleagues today regards range, how much to charge etc. I think £2 litre fuel is just round the corner and people are looking at electric. Also gave them details of my long wait so you wont get new next week maybe second hand at inflated prices.

Wow, you are so lucky bud. Happy for you. I hope I get my car soon. Days feeling like months now! 😳
Thank you (y) .
I could not believe it then or now to be honest !.
I know Miles had placed an order for 50 ZS EV's only two days before we ordered our car.
Maybe our order matched a car on that list ?????.
This gave us a bit of a head start maybe ?????.
You are only about two weeks after our order, so fingers crossed for you.
We waited about the same amount of time for the original ZS EV.
Ordered fairly quickly again and MG confirmed that we where in the first 1,000 customers in the U.K. for the Gen 1 model.
No news, no news from the dealer for months, then completely out of the blue they called to say that it had just turned up on the back of a transporter, ten days before Xmas 2019.
They appeared as surprised as us I think.
Hold tight my friend, it is worth the wait.
We really enjoyed our two years plus and almost 20,000 miles in the Gen1 model.
Ordered the face lift model completely blind ( again ) but it IS a big step up from the original model.
It takes a bit of time getting use to looking at all of that extra range, but it's nice !.
You will love it.

Do you mind me asking what colour it was?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom