MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

I've found a webcam of the MG UK office allocating cars to dealers
hPr3Pz.gif
No-car-on-time Forty-Nine!

Car cancelled

Just spoke to dealership again to see if there is anything they can do but he told me MG have cancelled and they can do nothing about it.

So maybe if you are still waiting, the same route should be expected in the days to come.
Update on cancelled car

According to MG UK my car is still on order, I asked why the dealer had told me it was cancelled and they know nothing about it, they are going to investigate the dealership.

I can only see one other on this forum that has had their car cancelled and they bought from same dealer. I suspect the dealer has been a bit devious and has lied about the whole thing but I doubt it will ever come to light if they are.

I will not be buying an MG of any sort now or in the future. Not only have I lost the car, I’ve lost the grant, the extras promised and the px value on the car I have now. Very disappointed, very upset and terribly let down.

I hope you all get the cars you have ordered sooner rather than later.

Update on cancelled car

According to MG UK my car is still on order, I asked why the dealer had told me it was cancelled and they know nothing about it, they are going to investigate the dealership.

I can only see one other on this forum that has had their car cancelled and they bought from same dealer. I suspect the dealer has been a bit devious and has lied about the whole thing but I doubt it will ever come to light if they are.

I will not be buying an MG of any sort now or in the future. Not only have I lost the car, I’ve lost the grant, the extras promised and the px value on the car I have now. Very disappointed, very upset and terribly let down.

MG are by no means perfect, but this sounds to be totally the dealership.

Obviously if it’s not worth your time don’t do it, but would be very interesting how far you could take it with them/MG about their possible shady practices.

I hope as your order is still on the books with MG you can actually still complete. Either force Darlington or move order to another dealer.

Only thing getting me through this is that the product itself is great and well priced. Most people are having a terrible experience ordering, but at least when they arrive we’ve got a good product at the enf of it all.

Update on cancelled car

Might be prudent to let MG get to the bottom of things, it would be a good outcome for you if MG encourage the dealer to adhere to their commitments. It looks like the dealer may indeed be up to mischief and not MG. I suspect you may very well get a "we have made a terrible mistake" phone call

Update on cancelled car

I hope MG are able to do something re your order. I’d suggest a conversation with your dealer again and having checked their website, it’s another that’s part of the Motor Ombudsman. Another avenue to follow up with to try and get the deal you were promised adhered to. I’d most definitely be pursuing it if the dealer was being dishonest.

Might be prudent to let MG get to the bottom of things, it would be a good outcome for you if MG encourage the dealer to adhere to their commitments. It looks like the dealer may indeed be up to mischief and not MG. I suspect you may very well get a "we have made a terrible mistake" phone call
I’d echo that. Reality is you’ll be at the back of the queue for another manufacturer. Best case your order is still “live” at the original price and you get a “we’re sorry we didn’t meet standards”. Worst case is your order canx and they can’t offer anything. The lead times are rubbish and the comms worse but, once they get their cars most owners seem to be happy.

Update on cancelled car

I would get the ombudsman involved, just out of principle, to stop this shady dealing. You can always say 'Stick you car where the sun don't shine' after they've been made to grovel by the ombudsman.

Update on cancelled car

I would stick with it and ask about customer care policy. Sounds like you could get lots of freebies thrown in as a goodwill gesture. Also Trading Standards would be interested in this shady practice.

Update on cancelled car

Hi, many thanks for taking time to update us with your news. It is a shame that MG cannot help you in your circumstances. I totally understand your disappointment and wish you well for the future.
Take care.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom