MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It has been built yes and will arrive in the UK in September.
It’s nice to see there is an end in sight for those that have been waiting since November/December.

Our MG dealer networks are independent businesses which have their own management structure. We are unable to confirm how MG dealers manage their internal stock, such as if one of their customers may have cancelled an order, dealer demo orders, etc.
For accurate information regarding stock availability, it is best to speak to the dealer directly for confirmation also, MG Motor UK Ltd and our dealer network do not manage public information.
This indicates the dealers can essentially do what they want with the cars they receive then. As such, they’re not obligated to give it to the first waiting in the queue. Kind of makes a mockery of the £1,500 fine which I thought was applicable if they reassigned or sold on a cancelled order. This makes sense why stock vehicles are becoming available though. Maybe some dealers have pushed back on it due to the lack of cars coming through.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Are you saying that now the car is here you are being asked for an extra £1,000 plus £2,500 (grant never applied for) = £3,500 total on top of the agreed price on the order made last year?
Back on 6th Jun MgMackay paid £30,495 for a white LR Trophy from Cars2 - he enquired on the Wednesday and collected on the Friday. List price from November excluding Grant for base White LR Trophy was £33,495.
Yours, if list price Nov’21 should be £33,495 plus an extra £545 for Blue at the most.
No sorry if it reads wrong they didn't apply for the grant a point of order......wanted the grant money £2500 off of me but I got them down to £1000...

No sorry if it reads wrong they didn't apply for the grant a point of order......wanted the grant money £2500 off of me but I got them down to £1000...
That is better than I thought. Still not the best news though - their incompetence has cost you in your pocket. My dealer confirmed that they apply for grants when the order is placed which ensures the grant is safeguarded to the customer.

It’s nice to see there is an end in sight for those that have been waiting since November/December.

This indicates the dealers can essentially do what they want with the cars they receive them. As such. They’re not obligated to give it to the first waiting in the queue. Kind of makes a mockery of the £1,500 fine which I thought was applicable if they reassigned or sold on a cancelled order. This makes sense why stock vehicles are becoming available though. Maybe some dealers have pushed back on it due to the lack of cars coming through.
I am not a gambling person, but would put money on the suggestion that the big dealers have contractual agreements with minimum cars per month to be delivered. The clause could have financial consequences so hence the big dealer may get the preferential treatment from MG UK.

I am not a gambling person, but would put money on the suggestion that the big dealers have contractual agreements with minimum cars per month to be delivered. The clause could have financial consequences so hence the big dealer may get the preferential treatment from MG UK.
That’s the exact thought process I’ve had. I can’t imagine there isn’t something in the contracts in respect of the number of cars.

Just had another response from MG UK from another email I sent on Tuesday last week - it appears in addition to not supplying vehicles by order date, they do not respond to emails in date order either?

Question was : -

Yesterday I was told that MG Darlington had the really bad news that over 50 vehicles had been cancelled by yourselves.
This has sent hares running within the ZS EV forum that I am a member of - number of posts such as “Is this the start of many cancellations…..”
Have got two questions that I would be grateful for answers please: -
Are you going to cancel my order - Y/N
If you have any clue when my Blue MG ZS EV Trophy will arrive to Westridge garage on the Isle of Wight it would be gratefully received.

Answer today: -

Thank you for your correspondence and raising your concern with us.
We can confirm the cancellation is not from MG, we have escalated this to the management and are currently investigating this with the dealership, we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I sent 3 emails to MG UK and got 3 responses. On the last email I asked direct questions with yes/No answers. For instance: -
Is the order for my car on your system? Yes/No
Can I expect delivery of my car this year? Yes/No

• They confirmed car was on order.
  • They advised within 8 months for a January order.

On the second email I asked why dealers were getting stock and March orders fulfilled, when orders are outstanding for customers who joined the waiting list in November last year. Got the following response: -

Our MG dealer networks are independent businesses which have their own management structure. We are unable to confirm how MG dealers manage their internal stock, such as if one of their customers may have cancelled an order, dealer demo orders, etc.
For accurate information regarding stock availability, it is best to speak to the dealer directly for confirmation also, MG Motor UK Ltd and our dealer network do not manage public information.

Although all is facing the same challenge in this industry, some manufacturers may even have much longer waiting time. As a brand, MG endeavours to deliver all customer orders as early as possible and fulfil customers' orders according to the order date, we are doing the best we can. A number of actions have been taken to enable us to prioritise the customer orders, such as petrol car sold orders only, dealer stock order restrictions, etc.

Was not the greatest answers but at least I have something to give to my dealer who is yet to see one LR car whilst MG Darlington apparently have two of my exact spec cars sat in their compound.
If enough of us complain then the MG UK will understand the level of frustration and maybe they can pass onto SAIC who will do some more production runs of cars to fulfil the orders.

My theory is full of holes but at least I am trying.
Read back in the thread. That's the exact same response they gave me. It's just a generic response and means nothing.

This indicates the dealers can essentially do what they want with the cars they receive then. As such, they’re not obligated to give it to the first waiting in the queue. Kind of makes a mockery of the £1,500 fine which I thought was applicable if they reassigned or sold on a cancelled order. This makes sense why stock vehicles are becoming available though. Maybe some dealers have pushed back on it due to the lack of cars coming through.
Covered early in the thread here:

Read back in the thread. That's the exact same response they gave me. It's just a generic response and means nothing.
Agreed for the second email - the third email at the top was a specific answer to my questions.

In my view, big companies monitor there own performance via metrics. I would be staggered if one of the indicators was not the number of complaints / dissatisfied customers being handled by customer services. MG UK will have to submit a dashboard weekly/monthly to give SAIC an understanding of the UK market / current order book.

MG UK will be requesting cars as are all the other countries. If MG UK can say complaints are through the roof and the MG reputation is going down. Have a look at the complaints we are getting every hour on the dashboard…. This is where SAIC will sit up and take notice.

I would suggest that SAIC are currently firefighting and the countries that have the biggest fires will be getting the most attention. If there are no complaints then we could be overlooked.
The same will apply to the relationship between MG UK and the dealers. If the small dealer rarely contacts and says I understand all the problems and send us the cars when you get them, they will be put to the bottom of the list. The dealer that is calling daily and getting contract lawyers to write letters will get more attention.

Next complaint for me is TBA - what does it mean? Some orders have estimated dates or AT SEA etc. Some people have TBA and then get a phone call to say guess what has just arrived on a car transporter. Let’s have something that is meaningful.
MG UK confirmed that my Jan order will be 8 months or earlier. I will be reminding them of that as well and ask they have not relayed that information to my dealer who is still awaiting information on all his cars on order.

Keep the complaints rolling in.

Has anyone who has mailed mg gotten a direct response to delivery dates, or is it always just the standard bot reply?
Yes - Got one stating my order is on their system - confirmed the order date and that deliver will be 8 months or less.

Other one was to confirm that they did not cancel any orders - displayed in earlier post today.

Agreed for the second email - the third email at the top was a specific answer to my questions.

In my view, big companies monitor there own performance via metrics. I would be staggered if one of the indicators was not the number of complaints / dissatisfied customers being handled by customer services. MG UK will have to submit a dashboard weekly/monthly to give SAIC an understanding of the UK market / current order book.

MG UK will be requesting cars as are all the other countries. If MG UK can say complaints are through the roof and the MG reputation is going down. Have a look at the complaints we are getting every hour on the dashboard…. This is where SAIC will sit up and take notice.

I would suggest that SAIC are currently firefighting and the countries that have the biggest fires will be getting the most attention. If there are no complaints then we could be overlooked.
The same will apply to the relationship between MG UK and the dealers. If the small dealer rarely contacts and says I understand all the problems and send us the cars when you get them, they will be put to the bottom of the list. The dealer that is calling daily and getting contract lawyers to write letters will get more attention.

Next complaint for me is TBA - what does it mean? Some orders have estimated dates or AT SEA etc. Some people have TBA and then get a phone call to say guess what has just arrived on a car transporter. Let’s have something that is meaningful.
MG UK confirmed that my Jan order will be 8 months or earlier. I will be reminding them of that as well and ask they have not relayed that information to my dealer who is still awaiting information on all his cars on order.

Keep the complaints rolling in.
TBA just means nothing of interest.

It just means they've stopped committing to anything.

My date has changed 4 times now, so it makes sense they've stopped estimating.

Have just mailed my dealer asking if my order states TBA, and noted that others ordering last year are still waiting. Just have to wait to see what response I get...

Just got a reply, at least my dealer is being honest about the situation..

It does, but it’s nothing to worry about. Their ordering system always used to show an ETA of a rolling four months, so if you ordered a car today- it would show delivery expected as 22/10/22 (then tomorrow it would say 23/10/22). I think that due to all the delays (and some dealers still telling customers four months even though they knew it wouldn’t be!), MG have just turned off the rolling date for that part. As soon as the car is built, it will then show an ETA of 10 weeks from then instead of TBA.

Also, the cars ordered in Nov/Dec are the long range version- we know there’s extra delays with those ones as they use nickel based batteries as opposed to the standard range (your order) which are lithium ion and having less problems with sourcing.

Kind regards,
Dan

Just got a reply, at least my dealer is being honest about the situation..

It does, but it’s nothing to worry about. Their ordering system always used to show an ETA of a rolling four months, so if you ordered a car today- it would show delivery expected as 22/10/22 (then tomorrow it would say 23/10/22). I think that due to all the delays (and some dealers still telling customers four months even though they knew it wouldn’t be!), MG have just turned off the rolling date for that part. As soon as the car is built, it will then show an ETA of 10 weeks from then instead of TBA.

Also, the cars ordered in Nov/Dec are the long range version- we know there’s extra delays with those ones as they use nickel based batteries as opposed to the standard range (your order) which are lithium ion and having less problems with sourcing.

Kind regards,
Dan
That makes perfect sense...until you hear about those ordering in say March this year getting cars already and then January orders (like my SR order) being TBA.

And also those who have had 'TBA' and then suddenly get a call to say it's arrived.

It's a mess.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom